What's new
What's new

ERP systems

texasmci

Plastic
Looking at purchasing an ERP system to make work orders, track orders, costs, inventory and purchasing.
I have been using JobBoss for the last decade and jobshop the decade before that. I am looking for something that is cheap to get into but effective. Jobboss is getting rediculously expensive since I bought it in 2012 - what used to be $1200 a seat now costs $3600.

Any suggestions?

That would be ideal, the last shop I was at was looking at buying it but the pricing was 65k...

I just talked with proshop, the pricing was much more reasonable than what I was told by my former employer.
It seems their pricing structure has changed since then.

i really don't like m ERP system. It seems they're all moving to clown based. So what's that mean? I have a $100K shipment ready to go out, but I can't print a packing list or a address label because some drunk ran into a power pole and our internet is down?

I have a customer who recommended Quickbooks for manufacturing. Trying to get more info on it. Anyone else used it?

Ive never used or not know anyone who has, but I do know that QB is transitioning to cloud based subscriptions for its software.

Contact TAA for information on federal financial assistance for manufacturers and firms

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be certified, a firm must show that competitive, imported products have significantly contributed to both of the following:

A decline in sales or production in the most recent 12 months compared to the prior 12 months. If overall declines are not evident, the firm may be able to demonstrate declines in one product line if that product accounted for at least 25% of the total sales of the firm.

The separation (or threat of separation) of a significant portion of the firm’s workers. An employment decline of 5% is considered significant.

REQUIRED INFORMATION
The petition will include information about the company’s:

related firms; economic history; owners and managers; articles produced and sold; sales, production and employment data.
and will require support documentation such as:

financial statements, federal income tax returns; quarterly employment reports; and enough customer references who, in the most recent twelve month period, have reduced purchases in favor of imports to account for 5% of the sales decline.

Contact TAA for information on federal financial assistance for manufacturers and firms

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be certified, a firm must show that competitive, imported products have significantly contributed to both of the following:

A decline in sales or production in the most recent 12 months compared to the prior 12 months. If overall declines are not evident, the firm may be able to demonstrate declines in one product line if that product accounted for at least 25% of the total sales of the firm.

Whelp, that doesn't apply then.

Not for me either, but I will contact them via email anyways, these places seem to always have workarounds.

I have a customer who recommended Quickbooks for manufacturing. Trying to get more info on it. Anyone else used it?

its a just ok accounting system at best. Does the most basic inventory functions but that's about it, definitely not in the ERP category.

They are pushing the cloud version as well. Satisfy yourself by demo that you can extract yourself from QB. I did a small acquisition and there was no way (despite numerous calls to them) in the Cdn version to download that companies records from the cloud. Really frustrating.

its a just ok accounting system at best. Does the most basic inventory functions but that's about it, definitely not in the ERP category.

this isn't the QB accounting software you can get at Costco for 100 bucks. It's an ERP program that does quoting, travelers, packing lists, scheduling, etc etc,

If you would consider QB for the accounting then you should look at AllOrders for the manufacturing management side. Low cost, easily expanded, inhouse on your server or hosted. I’ve done two implementations at different companies and it was very successful.

Back