Give away my machine shop for return of becomming 5% comissioned salesman - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was trying to follow this thread, but I've kinda lost track of what it's even about. The one thing that still has me rolling on the ground laughing is the statement that they are ISO 9001, "Self Certified" That's the most moronic remark I've heard in a long time.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 90LX_Notch View Post
    Are you Nigerian by chance?
    Wouldn't have to go that far:

List of Alabama state prisons - Wikipedia

Dunno if that's current or "futures", though...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RC99 View Post
    When I see the words. Opportunity, motivated, I usually switch off. I get emails all the time that use those words. I do not go for them either.
    Perhaps you could read out the inspiring messages to your camels.....

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dstryr View Post
    What about doing outside sales for me?
    www.creationsultd.com
    dstryr, Happy New Year,

Thanks for your generous offer, but it is not fair for you. It will take me a long time to become effective in San Francisco. You will be better off hiring a local salesman who comes with lots of personal contacts. Most effective selling is through networking and it takes at least a year for a newcomer to get well connected with the local buy decision makers.

You may consider an alternative. Take over my machine shop and change its name to your own fully owned subsidiary.

To start, consider visit to Huntsville, to get feel for the local business opportunities and to discuss what I can do for you.

You may also dispatch one of your trusted executives to take over the management and or ownership of my place to take full advantage of the coming surge in defense spending.

It will happen here, because Huntsville is the center of the fast growing SE region of the US. Everything here is extremely business friendly and 100% Trump for President.

For overview of why you need a fully owned subsidiary in Huntsville google "Huntsville Alabama a smart place You Tube". You will see that the space age started here and is more scientific and larger than Silicon Valley.

follow the threads especially to Cummings Research Park Wikipedia provides a good description of it.

In addition to it we have Redstone Arsenal which is a concentration of the US Army procurement offices, much of it spare parts for US Army aviation (lots of helicopters), all kinds of smart missiles unmanned airplanes, communication systems. All of these item require lots of small extremely precision parts.

Even that is not all, local NASA builds and/or contracts lots of machined pats production for their rockets and propulsion systems to the local machine shops.

On top of it, Defense and space is not the only industry in my neighborhood. Half of the automobiles in the US are produced within two hundred mile radius from Huntsville.

Boeing Commercial Aircraft Division is growing fast in SE. Airbus is already assembling their planes in Mobil Al.

For future expansion this place is hard to beat.

If you decide to come here you will also have an opportunity to influence the design of my new building. I want it to be prestigious and in good location that is within half hour drive from customers who buy billions of dollars worth of machined parts. What cannot be produced in your expanding subsidiary in Huntsville can be made in your California plant.

Please Email me if you need more information and your ideas for our contractual agreement.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dstryr View Post
    What about doing outside sales for me?
    www.creationsultd.com
    Dstryr, Happy New Year,
    Thank you for the generous offer, but it is not fair for you. It will take me a long time to become productive in San Francisco; you will be better off hiring a local salesperson who has lots of personal contacts.
    Consider the alternative, take over my machine shop and make it into your own fully owned subsidiary and contract me to become your business developer for 5% commission.
    What cannot be produced in Huntsville, will be made in your California plant.
    Your subsidiary will soon become a large producer of precision machined parts to serve the local defense, space and fast growing automobile and commercial aircraft industries. The market is large, and it will become even bigger with the coming surge of the defense spending.
    To get a feel for the size of the local market for your products click here,
    The Chamber of Commerce - Huntsville and Madison County that takes you to the front page of the local Chamber of Commerce.

From it select A Smart Place and watch the video which shows the reason why Huntsville has become one major science, research and advanced manufacturing centers of the world.
    Next, go to LOCATE / EXPAND BUSINESS box and select Cummings Research Park. It is larger than Silicon Valley. Next look at the Industrial profiles of the companies in Huntsville many of them are listed in Fortune 500.
    All of them are within half hour drive from your to be subsidiary tentatively in the North Huntsville Industrial Park if you decide to take over my place you will be able to influence to design and looks of your future building.

That is not all. Half of the automobiles in the US are produced within a 200-mile radius from Huntsville.
    Also, Boeing and Airbus are already assembling their commercial airplanes in our neighborhood.
    Hard to imagine a better place to start a subsidiary. It is so because of the business-friendly state and local governments, mild climate, lots of clean air and water and politically 100% for Trump.
    Please consider visiting this place to discuss contractual issues or dispatch one your trusted executives to take over and start producing.
    Sincerely,
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Somebody is sounding like a broken record.

7. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Flush this thread...it's spam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    1) you haven't said what its worth. Could have a net value of $1 - who are you expecting to relocate there based on that?

2) you haven't detailed how the deal takes place. The above suggests they don't get ownership day 1, in which case its another sucker story of come work for me and one day all this will be yours. Good deal or waste of time....all a matter of the details

3) if you really are good at selling and like it, don't squander than on machining AND building a business you no longer own. Sell stuff with lots of zeros and lots of commission - commercial jets, high rise elevator systems, portfolios of industrial buildings to pension funds (haha what did before the retarded part of brain took over and I got into manufacturing)
    My estimate is at the best I will get about $100,000 if sold on auction. I am in no rush to sell it. Government has already bought my land and building to build an aircraft hangar on top of it.

They paid me enough to build a good new building in an industrial park and pay all expenses for moving the machinery into it.

That gives me an opportunity to consider alternatives: Selling the machinery and retiring is one of them.

Other possibility is to find somebody who wants to become a machine shop owner and help him/her to get started by just giving him/her the machines in the new building and help with sales to get started.

Since I am in no bind for money I am not asking for any financial commitment therefore all of those who claim some fraud in this deal must prove how can that happen if I am not asking for any money up front and giving away at least something of value.

To some it may look like something for nothing and therefore a fraud. As far as I am concerned it is their problem I am not forcing anybody to take it.

However, giving away some valuable things regardless of what it is and what is its value to people who do not deserve it does extreme injustice to those who deserve it and don't get it.

Therefore, I have attached a condition: The recipient must prove that he or she can put the equipment into good use. Meaning that if I can get the sales he or she will be able to produce, make profit and expand the shop and provide employment for few more people.

That is doing something useful for the community.

There is even a possibility that I may earn real money from 5% commissions and from renting space. But I am not counting on it, because I don't need it. I have enough to continue as it is.

Sincerely.

Ilmar Luik

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock6.3 View Post
    Somebody is sounding like a broken record.
    Worse than that, he's forgotten he all ready answered that back at post #55, only yesterday.

Give away my machine shop for return of becomming 5% comissioned salesman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilmarluik View Post
    My estimate is at the best I will get about $100,000 if sold on auction. <huge snip>There is even a possibility that I may earn real money from 5% commissions
    You can make real money @ %5 off $100K of Capitol equipment. What a delusion.

12. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to it we have Redstone Arsenal which is a concentration of the US Army procurement offices, much of it spare parts for US Army aviation (lots of helicopters), all kinds of smart missiles unmanned airplanes, communication systems. All of these item require lots of small extremely precision parts.

Even that is not all, local NASA builds and/or contracts lots of machined pats(Sp) production for their rockets and propulsion systems to the local machine shops. On top of it, Defense and space is not the only industry in my neighborhood.(Sp) Half of the automobiles in the US are produced within two hundred mile radius from Huntsville.

Boeing Commercial Aircraft Division is growing fast in SE. Airbus is already assembling their planes in Mobil Al.
    Non of which work you have managed to score, Mr. Super 5% salesman.
    You are aware that if you are sucking off the public tit, that's common public knowledge.

Contracting Profile: Teaching Factory Inc. Meridianville AL

Last business you did was $15.6K SIX years ago. Remind us again what you can do with Airbus? And what a good salesman you are?

Any one ever noticed these get rich schemes often have an Eastern European name attached. Once those blokes break free of the hammer & tong shackles. Boy do those guys take up the right to free speech.
    Anti matter, perpetual motion. 1 M.P.Gallon. It will have a surname like Luik attached to it. Possibly of Gypsy origin.

14. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    .... his building he has yet to build on land he has yet to buy that hes only offering half price on that has to be built for a April move in!!!!....
    If he had some ham, he could have ham and eggs, if he had eggs.

16. Likes Mcgyver, Garwood, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Flush this thread...it's spam.
    I don't think this is spam, a scam or a rippoff deal.
    I think the OP seriously believes in his numbers and valuations.
    A 5% commission to someone with proven contacts is golden. The rest of the deal is up to question.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Okay so you aren't giving away a machine shop, you're leasing access to three machines and leasing an industrial building, in the hopes that people will work for free for a year while paying you rent.

You're also taking 10% of their new business for your troubles? And a 5% sales commission on top of that?

But despite your lessees taking 100% of the risks for 90% of the rewards, you still feel like you should have the right to scold them or change the deal in the first year if you don't like how they're doing?

Also you expect the "founders" to lease $500,000 worth of additional equipment, at their own risk, in the first year. At least you're guaranteeing a "safe location."

Gosh, where do I sign up?
    COMOTOSE Hi.

1. You are not giving away a machine shop you are leasing........
    True. I would be very irresponsible If I would just give away valuable machinery to
    the first idiot who wants it. This leaves somebody else who is able and willing to
    become a machine shop owner without a well deserved break to help him or her to get
    started.

But how do I know if he is or is capable to manage a machine shop even if he or she is
    given enough equipment and space to get started.

Simple test for it is to lease the equipment for one year and see how it works out.
    if he or she succeeds then they take the equipment and go their own way.
    I may luck out and they may keep me on the payroll for 5% commissions on what I sell.

If the manage the shop extremely well and produce everything that I sell and if it goes
    over $20 million per year I will earn $1 million in commission. Who can prove that it is
    impossible? History shows that it can happen.

Meanwhile look at the awful risk I am taking. Suppose on the next day he or she crashes
    OKUMA's spindle. It will take $20,000 dollars to fix it. Who is going to pay the cost.

Tell me how to protect me against that very real possibility? Furthermore, who is
    taking the real risk in that deal? And do I deserve some compensation for taking that
    risk?

2. Also you expect the founders to lease $500,000 extra equipment at their own risk.....
    Read the next clause. If they make good business case for it. In real life even that
    is not good enough machine tool leasing companies require assurance that the machine is
    in secure place and will be well maintained until all lease payments have been made.

TFI can provide that assurance and has done it before.

Finally, what is wrong if the founders can make a good business case for leasing the
    equipment and TFI provides leasing companies the equipment is maintained and is secure
    location. Try it yourself, try to lease $$500,000 worth of equipment and see what
    happens.

3. Gosh where can I sign up for it. That is easy. Go to the nearest Navy recruiting
    office and volunteer to serve on aircraft carrier as maintenance mechanic of all
    armament systems on F18 attack aircraft.

If you pass all the test and you get accepted into their training and few years later
    get Honorable discharge, and thereafter get a degree in Industrial engineering from
    a reputable US university. That is not all.

In addition to all above show that you can exist without guaranteed income for at
    least for six month I will sign you up immediately.

But be aware that the moment that you start whining about not getting paid you will
    be fired immediately.

For the first year you will be operating in the environment that closely resembles
    Donald Trump's TV show the Apprentice.

Sincerely,

Ilmar Luik

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

3. Gosh where can I sign up for it. That is easy. Go to the nearest Navy recruiting
    office and volunteer to serve on aircraft carrier as maintenance mechanic of all
    armament systems on F18 attack aircraft.

If you pass all the test and you get accepted into their training and few years later
    get Honorable discharge, and thereafter get a degree in Industrial engineering from
    a reputable US university. That is not all.

In addition to all above show that you can exist without guaranteed income for at
    least for six month I will sign you up immediately.

But be aware that the moment that you start whining about not getting paid you will
    be fired immediately.

For the first year you will be operating in the environment that closely resembles
    Donald Trump's TV show the Apprentice.
    Ilmar, sweetie, baby, I'm not sure why you're re-responding to a post I made days ago, to which you have already responded, but doing so does make it less likely you're an AI experiment or a chat bot gone awry, because they wouldn't make such mistakes.

But I don't need to do any of the things you suggest, for two reasons. First, like everyone else on earth I'm not interested in your madcap low rent reality show fantasies. Second, without you, I already DID those things.

I already have a degree in Mechanical Engineering from a top-5 engineering school. Mechanical, not Industrial, which is a MUCH more rigorous degree. This I did without the Navy and without you.

Straight out of school I DID start a shop. We make products, not job shopping. I have actual utility patents, not worthless and vaguely alluded to design patents. These I did without you.

I started my shop on zero income, like nearly everyone that is qualified to post in this sub-forum. Which, incidentally, you aren't. You (may) own several machines. You don't presently own a shop and you certainly don't manage one. Starting a shop as a real owner without some Cosmo Kramer joker lurking in the background, I couldn't be fired no matter how many times I whined about not getting paid. This I did without you.

My company, as of today, has 44,000 square feet of space, which I own. We have 11 CNC machines, 9 of which are 3 years old or less. Owned outright, not leased, not financed. Machining isn't even our main business, electronics is. We have 9 pick and place machines, four stencil printers, five reflow ovens, coaters, robots, a half dozen automated test machines, loaders and lasers and chambers, oh my. All owned outright. All this I did without you.

All this I did, in the past 12 years, straight out of school, despite coming from a family of 5 siblings with an alcoholic father, a mother who worked for the church, growing up at or below the poverty line depending on the year. Without you.

Since 2009 you've grown $250,000 worth of machinery into $100,000 worth of machinery. Since 2004 I've grown $20,000 worth of machinery into five million dollars worth. Without you.

Oh, and also, you did 0 dollars in sales last year without me. I did over 15 million without you.

So having actually done what you pie-in-the-sky about, without you, I feel perhaps uniquely qualified to tell you this scheme will never work. Sell and go away.

I don't have to do what you say, because I already did it. You SHOULD do what I suggest, because you didn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn't read every response, so maybe this was brought up. But hardly any of us owners are jacks of all trades. So we hire people who are good at what we need done.
    Thus, if the O.P. is good at sales, but not good at managing the shop, then wouldn't the logical step for the O.P. to be to hire a manager, and keep the shop for himself?
    He can still work sales, while the manager keeps the fort down at the shop.

21. Likes eaglemike liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    I don't have to do what you say, because I already did it. You SHOULD do what I suggest, because you didn't.
    And you did all this in Akron financial-capitol-of-West-By-God-Virginia, Ohio?

A 'like' wouldn't be enough.

Good on yah!

... and continue the march!

Bill

23. Likes eaglemike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Other possibility is to find somebody who wants to become a machine shop owner and help him/her to get started by just giving him/her the machines in the new building and help with sales to get started.
    This could be a fair deal as long as the attached stipulations/goals are realistic. The previous write-up you posted talked about leasing the machines and building to the new entity, which would mean the "free" business is essentially nothing. I think this is why you have received such a negative response.

This is just FYI. No, I'm not interested.

Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robert123 View Post
    The previous write-up you posted talked about leasing the machines and building to the new entity, which would mean the "free" business is essentially nothing. I think this is why you have received such a negative response.
    The "deal" does seem to change from post to post.
    All in all, I can't blame the guy for trying, he's got nothing
    to loose for the effort at this point.
    Highly underestimates the general intelligence level on this forum, but......oh well.
    Worse bait has been taken.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dkmc View Post
    Highly underestimates the general intelligence level on this forum, but......oh well.
    Worse bait has been taken.
    IF.. and I know not with any certainty .. he is the same lad who graduated HS 1949, he's crafting these tales rather well.

That said, even if he has - so far- dodged the senile dementia bullet - it is impolite to ass u me that the rest of us have lost OUR marbles..

27. Likes digger doug liked this post