How was 2018, what's coming in 2019? - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL

Old timey racing story that fits right in.

Turns out that for the Lola EX257 (the so-called "MG Lola") there were something like 4 cars which spanned 5 serial numbers, with one skipped in the middle.

Why did they skip one?

Well, somebody ordered a new car. Said he was in the restaurant business. OK, whatever, start the paperwork. Get to the part where "we need a deposit for 100,000 pounds please" and the guy kind of disappeared. A little further investigation revealed he was indeed in the restaurant business. He was a dishwasher for some mid-line chain. Really.

After that I stopped being surprized how happy they were to talk to me (we actually ran racecars in actual races.... apparently that raises your racing cred by like a factor of 1000....)

2. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Enough work on the books now for the first quarter to beat my worst years (which were still pretty decent vs having a day job).
    This January is already my best month ever, not a bad start for 2019. Even seeing some parts I hadn't seen in 2-3yrs, not big qty but eh, I'm ok with that. I've set 3 pretty steep goals for this year, so I better get back at er.

4. Likes cnctoolcat, wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2018 was ok for me sales just slightly up the fist 1/4 of this year November 18 - January 19 sales are down and could go on down to.
    This could be a very bad year for me due to the Brexit vote and the potential threat of a border and me being cut of from the lower more profitable half of the island of Ireland which is a weak market to being with its not so good.

I have been doing this now from 2004 and I am 32 years old I have had a few bad years also you will spring back its like riding waves you just need to catch another one. Its unreal how many times business I speak to are down about a year with break even or a small loss, they do not appreciate how hard it is to just float in business never mind make a profit in my own business our years profit could be in 2-3 months of just crushing it and no feck ups.

The hardest thing I always felt was focusing on the problems when things are rough and not looking at the things you got done in a year with weak profits like bought plant or a new customer on board along with any small improvements ect ect.

I hope everyone has a great 2019 and just keeps grinding out a living after all the only thing you need is a roof and a hot meal at night.