What's new
What's new

How do others run their companies and shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s probably been noticed by some how often I write about Denmark :)

If a group (5 – 10 members) were interested I could probably arrange visits to a large, medium and small shop here to see how things are done. I could be the “guide”.

Questions asked and answered as almost all here speak English.

I don’t really expect anyone to take the time or use the money for a short stay in Denmark (a 3 day minimum would probably be best) but perhaps another European member could do the same? A combination of work and vacation?

The worst that could happen is you either learn new ways of doing things or learning what you don’t want to do.

If there was interest I'd contact possible shops and companies so you'd know what you'd be visiting before committing to anything. Who knows, it could be to more than 3.

It’s probably been noticed by some how often I write about Denmark :)

If a group (5 – 10 members) were interested I could probably arrange visits to a large, medium and small shop here to see how things are done. I could be the “guide”.

Questions asked and answered as almost all here speak English.

I don’t really expect anyone to take the time or use the money for a short stay in Denmark (a 3 day minimum would probably be best) but perhaps another European member could do the same? A combination of work and vacation?

The worst that could happen is you either learn new ways of doing things or learning what you don’t want to do.

If there was interest I'd contact possible shops and companies so you'd know what you'd be visiting before committing to anything. Who knows, it could be to more than 3.

Would we get to see YOUR SHOP?

I wish I could take you up on that Gordon, Thanks for the offer that is extremely generous. I can't seem to find the time to sweep the floor around here right now we are so busy. I Just put three new to us machines on the floor and we are behind on everything.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

I wish I could take you up on that Gordon, Thanks for the offer that is extremely generous. I can't seem to find the time to sweep the floor around here right now we are so busy. I Just put three new to us machines on the floor and we are behind on everything.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

I'm not thinking of this year but more 2019. Maybe your floor will be clean by then :cheers: Generous? You'd be paying to get to and from. As to food and accommodation it would depend on how many :)

So you own that large shop just to make thread inserts and calibration plates? How many do you make a year?

It isn't a large shop. I've written "my story" more than once in PM and have no intention of doing it again. If you really want to know more then either email me or come to Denmark.

It definitely isn't a small shop, very clean and well organized. You should start a post explaining how you keep you shop looking so nice. I am impressed. https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/redirect-to/?redirect=http://www.f-m-s.dk/FMSdk.pdf

3+ years ago I wrote a post asking for advice re a washer and a dryer my wife wanted to buy. Ended up being a US Whirlpool. Still pleased with both. I think the name for the room it's in is "scullery".

I posted the picture below and people seemed surprised that things looked so tidy :) You'd faint if you saw inside our house and our garden. Makes that picture look like a dump. People and places here are generally well kept.

Attachments

• Whirlpool.jpg
    Whirlpool.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 202
3+ years ago I wrote a post asking for advice re a washer and a dryer my wife wanted to buy. Ended up being a US Whirlpool. Still pleased with both. I think the name for the room it's in is "scullery".

I posted the picture below and people seemed surprised that things looked so tidy :) You'd faint if you saw inside our house and our garden. Makes that picture look like a dump. People and places here are generally well kept.

Your washer and dryer are in the kitchen? Where's your dishwasher? Oops, never mind, I don't want to know.

Your washer and dryer are in the kitchen? Where's your dishwasher? Oops, never mind, I don't want to know.

A scullery isn't a kitchen. We have a kitchen too. Induction plate, oven, microwave, dish washer, coffee machine, refrigerator (+ 2 large freezers at -18ºC not in the kitchen), etc., etc. Oh yea, table and chairs. When we have company then we eat in our (large) dining room or in our closed "winter garden" that we also use often when we grill. Sounds as if you live in a tent or has your home wheels?

Every now and then you live up to your surname.

Added. We also have a "wine cellar" with at least 200 bottles plus always at least 4 frames of beer handy. I don't know what a "frame" is in the USA but here it's 24 beers.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. I mean of coarse our humble homes.

Last edited:
I would be interested in seeing a shop or two in Denmark. I fear that we would not agree on any topic what so ever based on some of your political posts but I think I can stay more civil than some posters and would still like to see your shop. Looks really nice from the photos. I've been looking for an excuse to visit a friend in Sweden, just east of Malmo. Perhaps around May or something. Plan would be to fly to Copenhagen and then take a train to Malmo where he would pick me up. Is there a train that goes west towards your place?

I would be interested in seeing a shop or two in Denmark. I fear that we would not agree on any topic what so ever based on some of your political posts but I think I can stay more civil than some posters and would still like to see your shop. Looks really nice from the photos. I've been looking for an excuse to visit a friend in Sweden, just east of Malmo. Perhaps around May or something. Plan would be to fly to Copenhagen and then take a train to Malmo where he would pick me up. Is there a train that goes west towards your place?

I might just surprise you re my "poltics" as I regard the whole "myth" that I'm both anti American and a commie to boot as a storm in a glass of water. With some things my views are "left" and with others "right". That seems to confuse many.

You're of course more than welcome but I'd regard the medium and big companies as much more interesting. The problem there might be getting a "grand tour" of interesting companies for just you and me. The point of my invite was after all to see if you (plural) could see any differences in the work force and who does what how.

There's a train almost every hour from Malmø to where I live although you might have to change trains in Copenhagen. At a guess I'd say max 3 hours transport time. I'd pick you up too at a railway station. If your trip becomes reality let me know as long before time as possible. Would it just be you or family too? The more the merrier :)

We (my wife and I) will be on vacation for 2 week in February (Thailand) but have nothing planned for May.

Turn on your sense of humour but that sounds like rich white trash to me :cheers:

Curiosity. Drive far or stayed put? I've seen a few of those very large mobile homes in the USA and they had both motorbikes and a good sized boat with them.

Why is it when some one else has something nice they are "rich white trash". You brag about having 200 bottles of wine, does that make you "rich white trash"? You wonder why you have so many enemies? Look in the mirror.
We stayed in that motorhome when we were racing. We just went from track to track with it so we had a place to stay. The man that owned it was ceo of a large company. The cost of it was about 1 month of his income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back