How do others run their companies and shops?
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How do others run their companies and shops?

It’s probably been noticed by some how often I write about Denmark

If a group (5 – 10 members) were interested I could probably arrange visits to a large, medium and small shop here to see how things are done. I could be the “guide”.

Questions asked and answered as almost all here speak English.

I don’t really expect anyone to take the time or use the money for a short stay in Denmark (a 3 day minimum would probably be best) but perhaps another European member could do the same? A combination of work and vacation?

The worst that could happen is you either learn new ways of doing things or learning what you don’t want to do.

If there was interest I'd contact possible shops and companies so you'd know what you'd be visiting before committing to anything. Who knows, it could be to more than 3.

2. Likes converterking, AARONT, SMT, SIM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    It’s probably been noticed by some how often I write about Denmark

If a group (5 – 10 members) were interested I could probably arrange visits to a large, medium and small shop here to see how things are done. I could be the “guide”.

Questions asked and answered as almost all here speak English.

I don’t really expect anyone to take the time or use the money for a short stay in Denmark (a 3 day minimum would probably be best) but perhaps another European member could do the same? A combination of work and vacation?

The worst that could happen is you either learn new ways of doing things or learning what you don’t want to do.

If there was interest I'd contact possible shops and companies so you'd know what you'd be visiting before committing to anything. Who knows, it could be to more than 3.
    Would we get to see YOUR SHOP?

4. Likes Mcgyver, wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I might come- given commitments.
    +1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could take you up on that Gordon, Thanks for the offer that is extremely generous. I can't seem to find the time to sweep the floor around here right now we are so busy. I Just put three new to us machines on the floor and we are behind on everything.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    Would we get to see YOUR SHOP?
    I'm not sure how that could be avoided

http://www.f-m-s.dk/FMSdk.pdf

8. Likes converterking, gerritv, Jashley73 liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dupa3872 View Post
    I wish I could take you up on that Gordon, Thanks for the offer that is extremely generous. I can't seem to find the time to sweep the floor around here right now we are so busy. I Just put three new to us machines on the floor and we are behind on everything.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron
    I'm not thinking of this year but more 2019. Maybe your floor will be clean by then Generous? You'd be paying to get to and from. As to food and accommodation it would depend on how many

10. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon, I never knew that you owned such a nice shop. Tell us more about it. What machines do you own? How many employees do you have?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've posted that a while ago and also added that only the thread inserts and calibration plates are made here. The mass produced items (bushes etc.) are mostly made here - less than 1 hour away:

en

REA automatdrejning ApS - Turning and Milling industry - YouTube

13. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've posted that a while ago and also added that only the thread inserts and calibration plates are made here. The mass produced items (bushes etc.) are mostly made here - less than 1 hour away:

en

REA automatdrejning ApS - Turning and Milling industry - YouTube
    So you own that large shop just to make thread inserts and calibration plates? How many do you make a year?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you own that large shop just to make thread inserts and calibration plates? How many do you make a year?
    It isn't a large shop. I've written "my story" more than once in PM and have no intention of doing it again. If you really want to know more then either email me or come to Denmark.

16. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It isn't a large shop. I've written "my story" more than once in PM and have no intention of doing it again. If you really want to know more then either email me or come to Denmark.
    It definitely isn't a small shop, very clean and well organized. You should start a post explaining how you keep you shop looking so nice. I am impressed. https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...dk%2FFMSdk.pdf

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It definitely isn't a small shop, very clean and well organized. You should start a post explaining how you keep you shop looking so nice. I am impressed. https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...dk%2FFMSdk.pdf
    3+ years ago I wrote a post asking for advice re a washer and a dryer my wife wanted to buy. Ended up being a US Whirlpool. Still pleased with both. I think the name for the room it's in is "scullery".

I posted the picture below and people seemed surprised that things looked so tidy You'd faint if you saw inside our house and our garden. Makes that picture look like a dump. People and places here are generally well kept.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whirlpool.jpg  

19. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

3+ years ago I wrote a post asking for advice re a washer and a dryer my wife wanted to buy. Ended up being a US Whirlpool. Still pleased with both. I think the name for the room it's in is "scullery".

I posted the picture below and people seemed surprised that things looked so tidy You'd faint if you saw inside our house and our garden. Makes that picture look like a dump. People and places here are generally well kept.
    Your washer and dryer are in the kitchen? Where's your dishwasher? Oops, never mind, I don't want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Your washer and dryer are in the kitchen? Where's your dishwasher? Oops, never mind, I don't want to know.
    Eat my shorts.

22. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    A scullery isn't a kitchen. We have a kitchen too. Induction plate, oven, microwave, dish washer, coffee machine, refrigerator (+ 2 large freezers at -18ºC not in the kitchen), etc., etc. Oh yea, table and chairs. When we have company then we eat in our (large) dining room or in our closed "winter garden" that we also use often when we grill. Sounds as if you live in a tent or has your home wheels?

Every now and then you live up to your surname.

Added. We also have a "wine cellar" with at least 200 bottles plus always at least 4 frames of beer handy. I don't know what a "frame" is in the USA but here it's 24 beers.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. I mean of coarse our humble homes.
    Last edited by Gordon B. Clarke; 09-15-2018 at 07:17 AM.

24. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds as if you live in a tent or has your home wheels?
    I have stayed in a motorhome that cost $2,000,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would be interested in seeing a shop or two in Denmark. I fear that we would not agree on any topic what so ever based on some of your political posts but I think I can stay more civil than some posters and would still like to see your shop. Looks really nice from the photos. I've been looking for an excuse to visit a friend in Sweden, just east of Malmo. Perhaps around May or something. Plan would be to fly to Copenhagen and then take a train to Malmo where he would pick me up. Is there a train that goes west towards your place?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post
    I would be interested in seeing a shop or two in Denmark. I fear that we would not agree on any topic what so ever based on some of your political posts but I think I can stay more civil than some posters and would still like to see your shop. Looks really nice from the photos. I've been looking for an excuse to visit a friend in Sweden, just east of Malmo. Perhaps around May or something. Plan would be to fly to Copenhagen and then take a train to Malmo where he would pick me up. Is there a train that goes west towards your place?
    I might just surprise you re my "poltics" as I regard the whole "myth" that I'm both anti American and a commie to boot as a storm in a glass of water. With some things my views are "left" and with others "right". That seems to confuse many.

You're of course more than welcome but I'd regard the medium and big companies as much more interesting. The problem there might be getting a "grand tour" of interesting companies for just you and me. The point of my invite was after all to see if you (plural) could see any differences in the work force and who does what how.

There's a train almost every hour from Malmø to where I live although you might have to change trains in Copenhagen. At a guess I'd say max 3 hours transport time. I'd pick you up too at a railway station. If your trip becomes reality let me know as long before time as possible. Would it just be you or family too? The more the merrier

We (my wife and I) will be on vacation for 2 week in February (Thailand) but have nothing planned for May.

28. Likes converterking liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have stayed in a motorhome that cost $2,000,000.
    Turn on your sense of humour but that sounds like rich white trash to me

Curiosity. Drive far or stayed put? I've seen a few of those very large mobile homes in the USA and they had both motorbikes and a good sized boat with them.

30. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Turn on your sense of humour but that sounds like rich white trash to me

Curiosity. Drive far or stayed put? I've seen a few of those very large mobile homes in the USA and they had both motorbikes and a good sized boat with them.
    Why is it when some one else has something nice they are "rich white trash". You brag about having 200 bottles of wine, does that make you "rich white trash"? You wonder why you have so many enemies? Look in the mirror.
    We stayed in that motorhome when we were racing. We just went from track to track with it so we had a place to stay. The man that owned it was ceo of a large company. The cost of it was about 1 month of his income.