What's new
What's new

How to get DHS Critical Infrastructure Letter

pgmrmike

Hot Rolled
Looks like they will be shutting down Harris County where some of my customers are, and most of my matl comes from. They are handing out letters to allow critical employees pass. According to DHS we qualify, but I cant find out how to get the letter. I emailed DHS about it yesterday, but havent heard back. The people I have talked to say they got it from HR etc. We are small, no HR...well, Im HR.

Anybody know how to get it?

Looks like they will be shutting down Harris County where some of my customers are, and most of my matl comes from. They are handing out letters to allow critical employees pass. According to DHS we qualify, but I cant find out how to get the letter. I emailed DHS about it yesterday, but havent heard back. The people I have talked to say they got it from HR etc. We are small, no HR...well, Im HR.

Anybody know how to get it?
You might call your county health department. This sounds like something that is determined at the local level.

I haven't heard anything about needing a letter- it's not something that would be imposed at the Federal level.

I don't think you need any form of proof, but what the heck do I know?
This morning, I drove from downtown Houston, to Spring, without issue.
This will probably be our last day for a couple of weeks. Even though we are on the "list" I would rather my employees (and myself) stay home on PTO.

Write your own letter on your letterhead stating the reasons why your company meets the CISA requirements for a Critical industry and why _____ worker name is an essential employee. Put your name and contact information. Here is an example of something like what we use:
To Whom it may concern:

XXX manufacturing company and its employees are considered Essential Critical infrastructure workforce Per CISA guidance, as we provide parts and services to the XX, defense, Energy/Oil sectors. Please see Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce | CISA for more details.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about this employee's job.

President or GM name phone etc..

When is the madness going to end? I am pretty sure a lot of businesses won't survive this. A little common sense and a few more precautions and these drastic measures would not be needed.

We got our letters today and they are like mrsshoots says, signed by the CEO.

So I think the manager/ceo/president of your company would draft and sign the letter and give contact info.

Back