What's new
What's new

Interview With A CNC Machinist / CADCAM Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Jon's new PM handle is "Haywood"

"At least he didn't go on and on about how we all need a graphical toolpath editor."
Jim, JB has moved on from his "Full Graphical Control Over The Toolpath" Jihad.

His new vendetta is about chaining. He thinks that Mastercam's chaining function is quote, "A stupid waste of time."

Instead of asking for help, or reading the "help" section of MC, he decided to lambaste the program all over the internet. It's just like when he slammed OneCNC all over the internet for it's inability to post multiple work coordinate calls, only to later find out that the multiple work coordinates are stored in a handy drop down menu right in front of his face.

It's funny, and sad at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pbmw, you just wasted 4 months of therapy bringing that one up. And I was so close....
:D

Jim, JB has moved on from his "Full Graphical Control Over The Toolpath" Jihad.

His new vendetta is about chaining. He thinks that Mastercam's chaining function is quote, "A stupid waste of time."

Instead of asking for help, or reading the "help" section of MC, he decided to lambaste the program all over the internet. It's just like when he slammed OneCNC all over the internet for it's inability to post multiple work coordinate calls, only to later find out that the multiple work coordinates are stored in a handy drop down menu right in front of his face.

It's funny, and sad at the same time.
Well Joe, I guess I was too busy making chips to have seen that one. You're right though, it's sad.
Funny too... :D

"So, Jon. Now it's the evil advertisers that are keeping you down?"

It's Haywood. Try reading that interview again my friend. It's all in there. Read it several times if need be. You can do it!

Is it even REMOTELY possible that it is JB's insane need to start a fight instead of trying to convince someone of his point of view in a non-confrontational manner???

And NOT the advertisers that get him thrown out of every place he goes into trying to start a fight?

"Is it even REMOTELY possible that it is JB's insane need to start a fight instead of trying to convince someone of his point of view in a non-confrontational manner???"

Is it even REMOTELY possible that JB does convince some people that say OneCNC does not have real multiple fixture offset support and that they have to fake it? That answer would be yes. See alt.machines.cnc

Is it even REMOTELY possible that JB does convince some people that say the OneCNC lathe module is pure crap? You can't see that here because those posts were deleted. You can however ask someone is this thread who knows JB is right about OneCNC's lathe module and how badly lacking it is.

Is it even REMOTELY possible that your wrong and can't admit it?

*checks calender*

yep it's about JB time, right on schedule.

Just like regular bowels you can set your watch by JB comings and goings.

The most pathetic part of this whole thing is that after ALL of JB's ranting and raving about how crappy this message board is, he makes up an alias, then speaks about himself in the third person, all because he so desperately needs the attention of Practical Machinist's members.

Incase it wasn't painfully obvious to anybody else, just take a look at "Haywood's" previous posts. It's clearly JB.

JB wrote on alt machines cnc:- (Edited to remove crude epithet)

"I've use the same ID for many, many years on Usenet. Now tell us again
who's totally f*ing clueless.

Perhaps I should change my ID just for you. How about:
Haywood Jablowme

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA"

INTERESTING COINCIDENCE - maybe he doesn't know about Google. Just type in "haywood jon banquer" and it goes straight to the post.

Chris P

Good ole JB... telling the hard hitting truth about CAD-CAM. And the truth is..... he ain't found one yet that he can use.

Over at alt.machines.cnc, Joe788 sez JonBoy is currently tied up in a big project where the goal is to determine the number of pallets on a multi-pallet horizontal. That oughta keep someone with Jon's acuity level occupied for a while.

And, for anyone who's missed it, http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/index.html

Haywood, please pass the word back to your buddy that he's still a drooling psychotic moron whose absence is a blessing wherever he's been banned.

Obvious has it's benefits. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand exactly who Jon Banquer is or where he's coming from.

Well Jon.....I'll bet mr. Folini is kicking himself about now.....Many of us who supported your "right" to be heard(As I did on the PM forum) because of your interest and knowledge in CAD/CAM slowly learned (because of your craving for down and dirty fighting)that our support was misplaced.I do regret supporting you. Here's a little truism you can take to the bank...."where Jon is strife abounds". Maybe some form of counseling will help you discover why that seems to be the case.

Franco, you've been snookered.....don't feel like the lone Ranger though.......

It is interesting that Jon's reply to the Joe Anand interview(below) is to imply that every other person you've interviewed is unethical and that while he appreciates Joes ethics his software isn't quite up to the task.....A negative and...a negative...surprise,surprise....

Jon's quote:"The CADCAM business is filled with unethical people.
Joe Anand is the exception to the rule. I can't wait to see the progress in Visual Mill 6 and RhinoCAM 2 as I would sure like to have a legitimate alternative to GibbsCAM and MasterCAM."

It is also interesting that every other person you've interviewed actually has CREATED something rather than just being a self appointed gadfly rushing in to protect us slow-witted CAD/CAM consumers from the wily clutches of the evil intentioned CAD/CAM MFGs.

If you were looking to increase your blog traffic you chose rather low hanging fruit.
Pandering to a person's noteriety will attract a crowd much like an automobile accident.....the crowd will disappear when the wreck does.

My apologies if I am infering intent that wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back