I've had it with Health Insurance, looked and found online Primary Care in WA State. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where is Gordon to tell us how much better it is to live in Denmark.

2. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by true temper View Post
    Struggling to pay the taxes on all that "free care" in the fifth most heavily taxed jurisdiction on-planet, mayhap?

From Wiki:

Country Tax as % of GDP

Algeria ......... 64.07
    Timor-Leste...... 61.5
    Norway........... 54.8
    Finland.......... 54.2
    Denmark....... 50.8
    FWIW UK is 34.4%, US is 27.1%, China is 20.1%, Russian Federation 19.1%

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you understood what I post about healthcare you'd know I just inform how things are elsewhere. I've NEVER written any country was best but IMO some are better than others. If you can find something that says otherwise I'll read it.

The USA certainly has the most expensive and yet not the best.

How does health spending in the U.S. compare to other countries? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

What you should think about, long and hard, is who opposes changes to the US healthcare system and why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Struggling to pay the taxes on all that "free care" in the fifth most heavily taxed jurisdiction on-planet, mayhap?

From Wiki:

All true - now just how much was it, again, those insurance premiums? And if you added that amount to your tax - it is a tax, after all, just run my the insurance companies - where do you fall in total taxation?

Like tariffs really - those Chinese are paying them, that'll learn them, by God.

Except......

NFI who's best in coverage in First World countries, pretty good idea which country everyone else doesn't want to emulate, though, and it's not Denmark.

PDW

6. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    All true - now just how much was it, again, those insurance premiums? And if you added that amount to your tax - it is a tax, after all, just run my the insurance companies - where do you fall in total taxation?
    Me? No significant income tax, SSA being partly exepmpt. High real-estate & personal property tax. No insurance premiums - I'm not in any US program at all, Medicare OR "private". Wife & I split a modest Hong Kong "private" supplement to Government- Health care THERE. hospitalization, only. Anything else we just pay. Very cheap, Government facilities. Cheap enough, private ones (Adventist, or one of the Catholic teaching hospitals, private clinic for eye and dental).

Mind -- in Hong Kong, organized crime runs ILLEGAL drugs. And hoors. Because that's where the money is.

In the Yew-Ass of Ay organized crime runs the Health Scare system. Because that's where the money is.

Like tariffs really - those Chinese are paying them, that'll learn them, by God.
    Seems so, yes, thankfully.

Somebody got turned down for a waiver recently. DJT didn't see the need. If they'd make the product they sought the waiver on in the USA instead, they'd have no tariff. Haven't found a damned thing we need China for, this go, so no load atall.

Even our rice, tofu, Sesame oil, and "Chinese vegetables" are raised or made in the USA. Otherwise Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Indohooliga, Mal-Asia, or Japan, but not-only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    If you understood what I post about healthcare you'd know I just inform how things are elsewhere. I've NEVER written any country was best but IMO some are better than others. If you can find something that says otherwise I'll read it.

The USA certainly has the most expensive and yet not the best.

How does health spending in the U.S. compare to other countries? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

What you should think about, long and hard, is who opposes changes to the US healthcare system and why.
    How does this help the original poster?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From Wiki:

And I pay $111 a month for healthcare. The savings allowed me to buy a $16,000 pair of cylinder heads for my race car.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    How does this help the original poster?
    As much as your post does. I was replying to a snide comment, not the OP.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not struggling What you and others overlook is the fact that we know what we get for our tax money and you'd have a hard time finding many that would want things changed.

12. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    And I pay $111 a month for healthcare. The savings allowed me to buy a $16,000 pair of cylinder heads for my race car.
    Savings? Are you in regular need of healthcare or just paying for something you don't need at the moment?

If what you pay ($111 a month) you consider cheap then who's paying extra for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I blame you for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the late 80's working for a non union large aerospace connector manufacturer they provided free coverage for an employee and spouse, one kid was $5 a week, a family of 4 or larger was $10 a week. The PPO was 90/10 the HMO was 100% coverage and no co pays. The rest of the benefits were good, and hourly pay at the high end for a non union shop in that area. In the early 90's employee and spouse were still free, but one kid went to $10 a week and a family of 4 went to $20 a week. You would not believe how many people went ballistic over paying $1040 a year for health insurance for a family of 4+, those were the days.

16. Likes Mike1974, Bobw, SND, SIM liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jamscal View Post
    I blame you for this.
    Don't.

Think it through.

How much WORSE it might be if Gordon did NOT live in Denmark, but was out and about in the real world - even parking his carcass next door to one of US?

18. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    In the late 80's working for a non union large aerospace connector manufacturer they provided free coverage for an employee and spouse, one kid was $5 a week, a family of 4 or larger was $10 a week. The PPO was 90/10 the HMO was 100% coverage and no co pays. The rest of the benefits were good, and hourly pay at the high end for a non union shop in that area. In the early 90's employee and spouse were still free, but one kid went to $10 a week and a family of 4 went to $20 a week. You would not believe how many people went ballistic over paying $1040 a year for health insurance for a family of 4+, those were the days.
    Well... the math is not hard, given historical records are easy to access. Or estimate.

Take what you spent on inch-hoorance, payroll deducted & out of pocket, summed.

Subtract what injury and illness actually cost, paid-out.

Do an "on paper" investment of the delta each year in - for example Texaco / Chevron common stock. Which both grew and paid dividends.

No mystery. An Econ prof put me onto it prior to 1970. He'd done his Doctoral thesis on the fact they were one of the few who did BOTH and consistently. There are others. "Gilt chips" so to speak.

That math is what the inch-hoorance companies have done. Invested the premiums collected.

Damned few ever go broke.

Neither has my "underinsured" or even UNinsured family who have played our actual fair-decent health against the paranoia of HAVING To HAVE.. Insurance.

Insurance, after all, is NOT actual medical care.

et tu?

20. Likes jamscal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am *just* old enough to remember going to the doctor(and only when necessary) you simply paid the man cash or check....no middle men...

but, hey I remember when a 401K was supplemental to your pension or SS too.

middle men.

on topic, until I became disabled we did well with a HSA, not sure about the current state of them anymore.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    I am *just* old enough to remember going to the doctor(and only when necessary) you simply paid the man cash or check....no middle men...
    Still does work that way, Hong Kong, private clinics or hospitals. And the fees are still affordable.

Same again, one time I needed emergency care, Switzerland, of a Sunday on a holiday weekend. Two Swiss medicos who were on the "on call" roster met me at a partly underground facility in Ringen, opened it up, powered it up, ran 26 tests, handed me prescriptions for when what they handed me from on-site stocks ran-out, put IIRC $980 USD on my Amex card, shut up shop, went back to their own families.

So just what changed, USA?

Inch-hoorance.

It became the racketeering that spawned OTHER rackets such as "administration" to do its papers.

And more.

The care providers - Doctors, Nurses, Lab technicians - aren't the ones benefiting.

Not at all.

23. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not here!

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post

Not here!
    Huh.... and they thought the ancients got it wrong in worshipping a golden Ox?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That was directed more to True Temper than Gordon.
    Baiting him in is not acceptable.
    Gordon knows my stand on this, and was lying low up to that point.

For anyone that wants to bicker back and forth with Gordon over this issue, you BOTH can go to another board!

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

27. Likes converterking, PeteM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry I didn’t mean to stir up a bunch of crap. I should of thought about before I posted. Crawling back under my rock now.

29. Likes Ox liked this post