I've had it with Health Insurance, looked and found online Primary Care in WA State. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by true temper View Post
    Sorry I didn’t mean to stir up a bunch of crap. I should of thought about before I posted. Crawling back under my rock now.
    In Kansas? Whaddyah doo? Import rocks from Colorado or Maine?

Huh.. whadidieyeknow... so short of trees y'all have historically quarried limestone to make ignorant fence posts.. Stone the crows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, my wife is looking for a position that provides medical care, but so far the pay has not been worth it. She has had offers of 15/hr. The last time she made 15/hr was 1995 at a hospital in administration and we both had great medical. She took 20 years off to raise some kids and now is looking at getting back to work just for medical benefits.

Pay has been flat for quite some time.

We are currently on the ACA and yes, the last three years have been really bad. I did some financial juggling and last year just made it under the cliff but not this year.

There was mention of the low tax rate in the US. I'll start another post regarding that.

Everyone should research the National Health system in the UK. According to this article, it started with a bunch of working folk just like us coining in to pay the local doc and all service was at no charge. The doc had steady pay, and the workers and their families would not have a medical financial disaster.

Welsh History Month: Tredegar, birthplace of the NHS - Wales Online

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laminar-flow View Post
    Everyone should research the National Health system in the UK. According to this article, it started with a bunch of working folk just like us coining in to pay the local doc and all service was at no charge. The doc had steady pay, and the workers and their families would not have a medical financial disaster.

Welsh History Month: Tredegar, birthplace of the NHS - Wales Online
    Not much research to it. I'm covered by it. I've used it. I have known some of the Doctors as friends and neighbours, have an idea how THEY feel about it, too.

I liken it to US Army sick call for the dependants of servicemen, Korean war era - even to the furnishings and decor in the clinic closest to me.

It works. Mostly.

But largely because humans are pretty resilient on their own, no medical care involved and Brits in general are still more aware than yanks that no one lives forever, political promises to the contrary or no. IOW - we don't EXPECT as much of NHS.

Swiss system is the one to emulate, IMNSHO. Mixed economic model. Ranks high, but not first as to effectiveness, globally. But as with many things Swiss it is both competent-enough and very pragmatically implemented.

Hong Kong is one of the best as to value-for-money. Same again - a mix of Government and private, with the private portion reasonably priced off the back of philanthropy as well as more reasonable staff costs than US has. Easily as important is the near-zero cost, relatively, as to liability lawsuits and the inch-hoorance to pay for that over-the-top nonsense the US has failed to kerb,

Could we go back to that Welsh beginning (it wasn't "globally unique", BTW).

Where the medical PRACTITIONERS were paid, not entire Field Armies of paper-pushers trying to fine-tune which payer took what share of the inflated hit, their own overhead and profits a huge part of the inflated costs?

Wouldn't that be nice... Cheap, too. Humans aren't really as FRAGILE as all that or we'd never have made the FIRST million years or three.

4. Likes SND, JDennis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully someday a better system will emerge...

US already spends probably more than anyone else on NHS oddly enough...

6. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Hopefully someday a better system will emerge...

US already spends probably more than anyone else on NHS oddly enough...
    Yabut.. the money doesn't go for medical care.

It goes to "administering" the parasites FEEDING OFF the trappings enveloping medical care.

8. Likes converterking, SND, Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The best part about all of this is that none of us can do a god damn thing... the only thing you can do is keep an eye on your own health, cross your fingers and hope whatever kills you takes you quickly.

10. Likes Ox, Bobw, barbter, Joe Miranda liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    The best part about all of this is that none of us can do a god damn thing... the only thing you can do is keep an eye on your own health, cross your fingers and hope whatever kills you takes you quickly.
    That post begs for a comment but not from me because stating "none of us" must mean Americans.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    They just go on, and on, and on...
    Lego? Yes they do.

The Lego Group is the world's largest toy company so they must be doing something right.

My son (now 31) still enjoys building. These were the last 3 (Porsche, Bugatti and a wind turbine) he's built in the past 1½ years. Has them at work in his office and much admired.

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Good grief.

PM community finally twigs to the only way to divert you from flogging Danish Healthscare as the solution to everything from crotch rot to skanky coolant tanks.
    You still having a problem with your crotch rot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    That post begs for a comment but not from me because stating "none of us" must mean Americans.
    This is a thread about AMERICAN HEALTHCARE... so yes your wild and out there assumption is correct. I swear to god if you say move to Denmark.

15. Likes converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lego? Yes they do.

The Lego Group is the world's largest toy company so they must be doing something right.

My son (now 31) still enjoys building. These were the last 3 (Porsche, Bugatti and a wind turbine) he's built in the past 1½ years. Has them at work in his office and much admired.

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube
    This is one of the differences of the US and Denmark. My son is 38. His daily driver is a Hummer H2, a supercharged Jaguar or an American Ironhorse motorcycle. He has a Scarab boat powered by a 502 Chevrolet engine and several snowmobiles that he and his friends will travel to the UP of Michigan to ride. If I told him I was going to buy him some legos, he would look at his calander to see if it was April 1st.

17. Likes camscan, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I posted this looking for solutions and it appears that the best solution is for my actress* wife to get a job.

I'm 5 years away from medicare and will try to manage my small hernia until then. I am fortunate as that is my only main medical issue besides being stressed out with all this health care mess. Hey, will they cover that?

Also, the 98point6.com might be worth a try.

Thanks for those videos Gordon. Very informative. My wife is a Britt so I could move there, but, you see, I have all this cast iron. There is a movement in WA State for healthcare for all.

*First time in a local play...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I posted this looking for solutions and it appears that the best solution is for my actress* wife to get a job.

I'm 5 years away from medicare and will try to manage my small hernia until then. I am fortunate as that is my only main medical issue besides being stressed out with all this health care mess. Hey, will they cover that?

Thanks for those videos Gordon. Very informative. My wife is a Britt so I could move there, but, you see, I have all this cast iron. There is a movement in WA State for healthcare for all.

Remember and clap when your wife is on stage, loudly and discreetly LOL

I don't know how long your wife has lived in the USA but what does she think of the US healthcare system? Probably not a good idea to post unless she praises

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those of us who actually work to be able to buy our own insurance, or who work for a company that provides insurance...

are paying for those who don't actually work to have insurance.

You can thank ObamaCare...or whatever.

Before that, those without insurance could only seek treatment at a hospital emergency room, anything beyond that and they were shit out of luck.

Now, they enjoy the privileges of using all of the health care system, just like those of us who work and pay for health insurance. (Well, except they pay virtually nothing out of pocket...)

I for one do not believe health care is a right, at least in the US with the system we currently have. If you proclaim health care is a right, then you are demanding those with income help pay for others without income (among working-age adults), and are ultimately deciding what those in the health care industry are paid.

Society needs to grow up, if you don't work to buy your own insurance, then you don't get it from those that do work. What's wrong with that? Yes, health care is expensive, and if you can't afford it with one job, then get two jobs. (Like I had, way back when trying to get a leg up in life.)

If you are between the ages of 18 and 65, and are reasonably physically and mentally capable to work, then please explain to me why someone else has to pay for your health care??

And as far as Medicare goes, yes from what I understand it is pretty good for the seniors and disabled that use it. But, I also understand it will be flat broke within a decade or two.

For those who draw a paycheck, have you noticed how little the Medicare deduction from your paycheck is? Even with employer matching, it's less than 3% of your gross pay. With millions more using Medicare than paying in, no wonder it's going broke.

21. Likes Job Shopper TN liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have to advise against waiting to get a hernia fixed. It will only get worse. I lived with one (umbilical) for maybe 10 years before I got it fixed. I had to get it fixed then as I could no longer push it back in and was in extreme pain, which sent me to the ER, so an ER bill on top of the surgery and everything else. Funny thing too, my then employer 'forgot' to submit my paperwork for health ins which left me taking out a loan to pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    For those who draw a paycheck, have you noticed how little the Medicare deduction from your paycheck is? Even with employer matching, it's less than 3% of your gross pay. With millions more using Medicare than paying in, no wonder it's going broke.
    Yeah, I paid into medicare for 50 years with no possibility of using it till I was 65. Before I incorporated my business there was no limit as to how much was paid. I could have died anytime and not had one dime's worth of benefit. So far it has saved me a couple of hundred in benefits, so I still have a huge surplus in there.
    The 2 biggest gripes with ACA is it did away with affordable insurance and is not as advertised, AFFORDABLE.
    Health savings account qualified policies evidentially are still allowed. Not going to try and get a quote for myself but I went to the Blue Cross site and there is a place to get a quote.
    Also here is an info link:
    How a health savings account (HSA) works | healthinsurance.org

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those of us who actually work to be able to buy our own insurance, or who work for a company that provides insurance...

You can thank ObamaCare...or whatever.

Before that, those without insurance could only seek treatment at a hospital emergency room, anything beyond that and they were shit out of luck.

Now, they enjoy the privileges of using all of the health care system, just like those of us who work and pay for health insurance. (Well, except they pay virtually nothing out of pocket...)

I for one do not believe health care is a right, at least in the US with the system we currently have. If you proclaim health care is a right, then you are demanding those with income help pay for others without income (among working-age adults), and are ultimately deciding what those in the health care industry are paid.

Society needs to grow up, if you don't work to buy your own insurance, then you don't get it from those that do work. What's wrong with that? Yes, health care is expensive, and if you can't afford it with one job, then get two jobs. (Like I had, way back when trying to get a leg up in life.)

If you are between the ages of 18 and 65, and are reasonably physically and mentally capable to work, then please explain to me why someone else has to pay for your health care??

And as far as Medicare goes, yes from what I understand it is pretty good for the seniors and disabled that use it. But, I also understand it will be flat broke within a decade or two.

I don't think I agree with this... a couple reasons.

1) Way back then people without ins just went to the ER for everything so kind of a moot point...
    2) Not sure where you get they pay (almost) nothing out of pocket. I admit I have never had to really dig into it, but discounts aside for being poor, they still have to pay for some plan, and likely the worst plan with high deductibles and co-pays (but maybe I am ignorant of how it really works?)
    3)I've heard social security is going to be broke too... for a good chunk of my adult life, but they just keep adding to the debt I suppose.... not likely to be any different with medicare

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Yeah, I paid into medicare for 50 years with no possibility of using it till I was 65. Before I incorporated my business there was no limit as to how much was paid. I could have died anytime and not had one dime's worth of benefit. So far it has saved me a couple of hundred in benefits, so I still have a huge surplus in there.
    The 2 biggest gripes with ACA is it did away with affordable insurance and is not as advertised, AFFORDABLE.
    Health savings account qualified policies evidentially are still allowed. Not going to try and get a quote for myself but I went to the Blue Cross site and there is a place to get a quote.
    Also here is an info link:
    How a health savings account (HSA) works | healthinsurance.org
    That really bothers me too. I have worked full time since I was 18 years old. One time in those almost 30 years I collected one week of unemployment, I (me and the wife) have never collected any gov't benefits like foodstamps, welfare, etc. It pains me to think I might not (will probably not) get back any money I have paid into SSI or medicare.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This raises questions in my head. What percentage of the total population of the USA has a job?

What do those that don't have a job do if requiring healthcare? That number will include children, handicapped, unemployed and many more.

Somebody has to pay for those that can't or is it just not your problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This raises questions in my head. What percentage of the total population of the USA has a job?

What do those that don't have a job do if requiring healthcare? That number will include children, handicapped, unemployed and many more.

Somebody has to pay for those that can't or is it just not your problem?
    Read what he wrote, healthcare is not a right. I disagree with him but we are both allowed to have our own opinion.