What's new
What's new

Jig Grinder Pricing

Fulcircleny

Cast Iron
Good morning all,

I posted the following post in the Abrasive section, got quite a few views, but so far no responses'. Since this IS an owner issue, I thought I might try here, as well.

I am just looking for a basic machine price, less the read out and ancillary tooling. Say WITH A 40K RPM head, standard. Being an owner, it is sometimes hard to hear when someone tries to purchase something at market value from me, and somehow I tend to forget that, when I pursue a purchase from someone else.
I am just looking for ballpark ranges, if possible. Thanks everyone

"user to user pricing for a Jig Grinder

Hello everyone,

After being out of Jig Grinding for the last 10 years or so, I find myself vending out more and more jig grinding. I used to own a Moore#3, and when I downsized, I sold it, and a couple of other tools, that I now kick myself for selling. That said, I am in the market for a number 3 or a G-18. I was looking for opinions, on what TODAY'S end user, to end user price ranges may be. I don't really wish to get involved with a dealer, rather I will look for that guy(s) that has moved to wire edm, or has lost the type of work they had the JG for in the first place.
Any help would be appreciated, as again, I have been out of that particular loop for about 10 years, and want to be realistic when looking at machinery.
Thanks for any and all help.
Regards,
Chris "

We have a G18 that we use occasionally but more often use wire EDM because we are more efficient with it, and usually the part needs wire work anyway. Usually use it for blind holes only. That being said, I see them in the $8,000. - $12,000 range being advertised, no idea what they actually sell for. We traded a 15 year old wire EDM (worth about 15k) for ours about 10 years ago.

I see them advertised anywhere from a few thousand to tens of thousands. I was thinking the same as RJT, but even a little cheaper like 7500 to 10, or 11k.
I see them go at auction anywhere from 8500 and up. The one at Landmark tool (g-18) sold for 12,700. and is being marketed at 39,000. Hence me asking here, rather than Ebay, or trolling the standard dealer sites. I realize they too need to make a profit, I would just prefer to buy from a shop that knows the machine, and is realistic. Shop owners seem to understand the prepping, loading, trucking and rigging in place. The few dealers I have spoken to don't seem to take that into account.

Either way, thanx for taking the time to respond. Have a great week.
Regards.
Chris

Thanks Doug,

I have a formal quote from these folks on the machine in the ad, Hence my thoughts about the 7500 ish low end pricing. Thanks for the response though, I appreciate your time.

Regards,
Chris

No problem.

I would also peruse Meadville, Pa.

Bunch-o tool shops (plastic molds) down there, I know
of a couple of jig grinding job shops there.

Doug,
Are you saying Craigslist? or ? I am not in a "Rush" by any means, so I can look around or wait on the right auction(s) to happen.
Thanx again,
Chris

The company I work for is having a Retirement (going-out-of-business) Sale after 38 years and liquidating their entire machine shop. Lots of SOLID equipment with plenty of life still left in them including this SWEET Moore Jig Grinder (Lot # 111); they don't make them like this anymore! Know anyone with a need or room to give them a second lease on life? Someone please save it from going to the scrap-yard!
Moore.jpg
MOORE JIG GRINDER MODEL NO. 3 SERIAL G1197 You must use our Rigger - Rigging Fee $300.00

Back