What's new
What's new

Kalamazoo MEP SL350 COLD SAW HELP

montanawoodco

Plastic
I recently picked up an old MEP SL350 high speed cold saw. Does anyone have any information about this model? I cant seem to get the pneumatic vise to work, the head seems wobbly when I engage the trigger and pull the blade towards my material.

It has two speed settings, one at 1700 RPM, the other at 3400 RPM. I mainly cut angle iron and steel tube, can someone recommend a blade that I can use for this? It can handle up to 14".

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We have several cold saws both manual and nc. The head or blade feed slide/hinge must be tight and free of deflection etc. Vises must not have any play when tightened. Backlash on the drive train you may be able to adjust out a bit. Some gear boxes don't allow for it. They are great saws but everything must be tight and vibration free or the blade life stinks. For general use I would run about a 250 notch grind. You really need a selection of blades to run them right. Take a look on ebay for used blades, likely will need a RS.

I believe the OP is describing a friction saw......far as I know they are banned everywhere in the civilized world.........noise is akin to a 737 taking off ,only louder......The blades do get up a standing wave in the thin metal on some jobs.....good for thin wall pipe,if you can stand the noise.

Back