What's new
What's new

LED shop lighting, for no costs?

Scruffy887

Titanium
Early November a man showed up at my shop and asked me if I wanted all my shop lights changed over to LED. Gov backed program along with some money from utility as well. About $25,000.00 ticked. All materials, all labor, man lift to access existing fixtures, disposal of all old stuff. My existing lights were mostly in failure, but the fixtures still working were enough to get things done. Mid December 3 men started. I seriously thought it was going to be very disruptive to operations. Not really. The lift they provided had a large side extension so it was easy enough for 1 man to do fixtures over machines. 3 days in and crew was now six men working off step ladders in other areas. 6 days and done.
Not a lot of disruption and they really paid attention to our needs with areas we needed to be in, and when they could do them.
Only downside is that the fixtures throw off a lot on interference and trashed my WIFI connections to one remote computer. Also do something to cell reception as the calendar on my phone switches to May 18, 2001 several times during the day.

I changed over a year ago in my basement (I know not commercial).
its my shop.

my units eliminated the ballasts and install drivers, then magnetically the bulb strips attach to the units.

They offer NO interference to wifi. I did this after they did the same at work. I could not believe how much light it gave off, that they were removing bulbs to lower the lighting. Their wifi remained useable. No interference.

I would call them back and see what they say. These should not interfere.

I agree the I Interference shouldn’t be a problem. Find the model of the lights installed and do a little bit of google to see if it’s a common issue

We did the entire building (shop and offices) a few years ago and haven't had any interference. Eliminated ballasts and did a 1 to 1 replacement of fixtures, so no re-wiring. So far 100% pleased and no failures. Duke power paid 50% of the cost.

Back