Legalization of marijuana and company policy - Page 11
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    You build up a tolerance to Benadryl really quick. Not so much the allergy side of it, but the sleepy side
    of it. It still works, but you don't fall over and pass out.

You're in the desert like me, Chihuahua..Sonora.. But they can't be that different, I find my allergies
    are different almost every year depending on what decides to pop out. The plants that grow are seldom
    the same year to year, and sometimes your backyard is all of a sudden covered in some weed that you've
    never seen before in your life. Almost the same thing with critters and bugs..

The one constant thing (and my mortal enemy) is fricken Goat Heads.. I HATE!!!! Goat Heads!!!!

Angie told me that the British version of the stuff makes for some decent soup.
    So much so - that sharing it is a downright heartbreaker.

???

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Last edited by Ox; 11-18-2020 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added quote since this post ended up on next page

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kinda like alcohol. Employee comes in with a snoot full, and out he/she goes. Same for coming in stoned. Many smaller shops don't drug test (yet) but I suspect that's going to change. Here in NJ it just became legal, so I suspect a lot of shops are going to have to address an issue they didn't before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    Kinda like alcohol. Employee comes in with a snoot full, and out he/she goes. Same for coming in stoned. Many smaller shops don't drug test (yet) but I suspect that's going to change. Here in NJ it just became legal, so I suspect a lot of shops are going to have to address an issue they didn't before.
    So how do you quantify if a person is under the influence?

Alcohol is rather straight forward and you can use quantifiable testing to protect yourself. i.e blood test or breathalyzer.

We currently do not have the technology to determine when under the influence with most drugs. Just positive or negative on a test.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post

Alcohol is rather straight forward and you can use quantifiable testing to protect yourself. i.e blood test or breathalyzer.

We currently do not have the technology to determine when under the influence with most drugs. Just positive or negative on a test.
    So this will be installed next to the time clock ?
    Air Force Pilot's Test

5. Likes JDennis, charlie gary liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked at a shop once where a guy came back from lunch stoned out of his mind. Shortly thereafter I was taking to the E.R. after putting his hand between chuck and stop on an automatic turret lathe. While in the E.R. he was trying steal drugs out of the cabinets. I told him if didn't settle down I would knock him the fuck out.

He got fired when we got back.

7. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post

I'm not sure if tests like that exist - yet. But I would think eventually they will, if not already. It's gonna have to be addressed. We had a stoner working for us way back when. Thankfully, he got fired for other reasons which were numerous.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If legalized or decriminalized then as usual it relates to how a employee performs. Anyone using a drug/s will eventually stand out or get cleaned out. If is is so obvious a problem it is always noticed and something happens-they leave.

If the law changes then companies need not be afraid of the fact they use marijuana as the law addressed it. Sure testing can be done to keep those who test positive from getting or even keeping a job.

Bottom line is that with a change in the law a company may most likely miss out on highly skilled employees. Too another area that often negatively effects selection is if a person has a criminal record. Often those are blocks to many as regards hiring and by outright not hiring them one misses many great employees who have straightened out their lives and stay out of jail.

Regarding fairness many can not overcome fear of hiring them which does nothing to lessen recidivism.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I don't know that there is a good answer to the OPs question. What folks do after hours is their business, but when it affects your work, it's a problem. The testing methods that work well for alcohol and other drugs don't seem to be as sophisticated for marijuana. I'm sure it will work itself out over time, but we're in a strange limbo at the moment."

I think the quote above goes to the crux of the issue. It is not about drugs it is about performance. Chemical tests are easy and well accepted in court. What we really should be doing is a performance test ... mental as well as physical ... not easy and not cheap but would show up lack of sleep, simply a bad nite, having a bad day, fight with the wife, etc. I think is it going to be a long time before we get there.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aliiam View Post
    You know I would agree that marijuana should be legalized. I mean people must search for some information before claiming that marijuana is hell and must be interdicted. I spoked with a lot of doctors that were the same idea. They all sustain that marijuana can be a very good and useful product in case you take it the right way and the right dose. For example, I use kratom, and to be honest my doctor recommended me to use it for maintaining overall health and releasing stress. If you want I can recommend you a site I use for buying kratom. So if you are interested and want the best spams buy, make sure you check the link I mentioned previous.
    ...and now because you've lost every real job, so have lowered yourself to spamming for Kratom eh ?

Crawl back under your rock spammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    ...and now because you've lost every real job, so have lowered yourself to spamming for Kratom eh ?

Crawl back under your rock spammer.
    Bit of a shame, as I like his icon (I'm into art), but yeah, pure spam. Did you report it?

Update: the icon is early Picasso:

Pablo Picasso's Early Life

His "child drawings" period, I guess

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Bit of a shame, as I like his icon (I'm into art), but yeah, pure spam. Did you report it?

Update: the icon is early Picasso:

Pablo Picasso's Early Life

His "child drawings" period, I guess
    Naw...it does no good anymore.

"locked or banned" still leaves the linky live.
    Management around here needs to start using the "El Gordo Nuclear" button.
    Thereby deleting spammer, and removing all traces.

Or you can see the result, what we have now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What link is still live?

I highly doubt that Gordon's version wouldn't have stripped quoted posts either.

If any of you see anything other than the guys name and that he has been banned - please tell me, 'cause that's all I see.

I used to always totally delete those posts/members, but then y'all don't realize it when it happens, so I started dooing it this way.

------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    One is how big, plants in other states also?
    Two, have you ever tried to fire a shitty employee in a UAW shop after 90 days in?
    Possible and I have done it but they have to be really bad and it will take you a year of effort, write ups and grievances.
    Bob
    This particular shop is a UAW plant and the company is multinational. I won't mention their name though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    What link is still live?

I highly doubt that Gordon's version wouldn't have stripped quoted posts either.

If any of you see anything other than the guys name and that he has been banned - please tell me, 'cause that's all I see.

I used to always totally delete those posts/members, but then y'all don't realize it when it happens, so I started dooing it this way.

------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Sorry, I meant the owners here, you do a much better job on spammers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess that I am going to end up closing this thread.

No-one here seems to have much more to say on the subject anymore, but SPAM-mers hit this thread constantly, so ...

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

18. Likes digger doug liked this post