What's new
What's new

limits of people

memphisjed

Titanium
at what level is threat of violence ok at work? bad loan/personal to supervisor threatening to have joe 'big guy, just saying" talk to employee?

at what level is threat of violence ok at work? bad loan/personal to supervisor threatening to have joe 'big guy, just saying" talk to employee?

A threat of violence does not de-escalate anything and should not be tolerated from anyone in the workplace or anywhere else for that matter.

Nothing good comes from a violent threat. Be it for the giver, or the receiver.

Need more details. Any place I worked for someone else anyone who threatened another worker with violence for no matter what reason was shown the door. If two guys got into a fight, both of them were fired, which I always thought was BS, someone should have a right to defend themselves.

Bring a friend with you to work ?

treasure2-768x432.jpg

Need more details. Any place I worked for someone else anyone who threatened another worker with violence for no matter what reason was shown the door. If two guys got into a fight, both of them were fired, which I always thought was BS, someone should have a right to defend themselves.

You have a legitimate point CITIZEN F16,

Shop owners are legally liable if anyone gets scratched on premise, and in today's trigger happy world, the screening of potential hot heads with AR15's is a front /center concern.

fights over money or food happen. I have seen knives pulled and a bullet left as a payment reminder. Never a supervisor over work till yesterday. Steel shop- a few failed parole more than once.

If the owner, supevisor is aware of the threat and does nothing. He can be held responsible for any and all damages including death. There is an implyed contract that the owner provides a safe workplace. Same as if the machine guards are removed, safety glasses not enforced, hearing protection not enforced. Osha will go after the owner after someone looses an arm in a unguarded machine.
Classic case was a woman in a apartment complex complained about burned out bulbs outside the building. Owner did not replace them. He lost a lot of money in court when she sued him for damages when she was raped in the dark bushes. Would working light shave prevented the rape? The jury thought so.

My buddy Donnie worked for an owner who hired a tough guy to beat up a guy over a small pay amount dispute.
The guy was fired and stated his last check was $50 short.

Come in on Saturday at about noon and we will talk about it.
I'm sorry I could not come Saturday, what? you came and got beat up.

The owner told Donny, bragging about it but Donny kept his mouth shut or he might have become next in the get-even list.

There are no limits of people. Some people should be praised and some people should be hung.

Some bad people should be hung, so the next bad guy will have something to think about. Not thinking about a free ride in prison with his buddies.

NIDAL MALIK HASAN

In 2013, Army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan was sentenced to death for killing 13 people and wounding 32 others in a 2009 shooting rampage.

The incident took place at Fort Hood, a US military post in Texas, and remains the worst mass murder at a military installation in American history.

Hasan carried out the shooting shortly before he was due to be deployed to Afghanistan. That morning, he gave away furniture and handed out copies of the Koran.

After the shooting, he was hospitalised under heavy guard in stable condition.

Hasan was charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder. The jury was given the option of agreeing to hand him a life sentence in prison, or the death penalty.

He appeared to be hoping for the death sentence to be given a path to martyrdom. The Judge responded saying: “[He] can never be a martyr because he has nothing to give ... Do not be misled; do not be confused; do not be fooled. He is not giving his life. We are taking his life. This is not his gift to God, it’s his debt to society. He will not now and will not ever be a martyr.”

Hasan was responsible for the largest mass murder at a military installation in US history. (AP Photo/Bell County Sheriff's Department, File)
Hasan was responsible for the largest mass murder at a military installation in US history. (AP Photo/Bell County Sheriff's Department, File)Source:AP

I guess I have led a sheltered life, anyplace I have worked we always had enough work to keep plenty busy, I actually thought this kind of shit was only on the TV mystery programs my wife likes to use to bore me to sleep. Is this kind of drama really in machine shops? To what end?

People have to be managed.

The culture of a work place is set by the management.

Fixing problems like this before they affect others is what management is there for...

But what do I know i just a handle twister

Back