What's new
What's new

Machine listed at multiple "dealers"

Archer120x

Cast Iron
I found a machine I'm interested in. Ends up I find it on 6 different websites, 3 different dealers and one listing on ebay. How do I decipher the actual owner or original broker? I took my best guess and sent an email. ugh.

I found a machine I'm interested in. Ends up I find it on 6 different websites, 3 different dealers and one listing on ebay. How do I decipher the actual owner or original broker? I took my best guess and sent an email. ugh.

None of them.
It's a mirage.
Walk (run) away.

He will never escape the junk mail.

I was looking for a CNC lathe 15 years ago, only one of the dealers I called or e-mailed promptly responded to my inquiries. The prompt responder made a sale, a handful of the others are still e-mailing me to this day.

Ask for a personal inspection (you should do this anyway). Only the owner who has possession will be able to respond. Put the others on always reject in your mail.

Tom

Ask for a personal inspection (you should do this anyway). Only the owner who has possession will be able to respond. Put the others on always reject in your mail.

Tom

Definitely not going to buy without seeing in person. The last machine I looked at, they were surprised I wanted to see it. They had it, just sounded surprised.

Probably the lowest price, the others are marking up his price.
I've even seen Machines from HGR ebay listings listed elsewhere on Ebay, using photos taken at HGR, marked up 30%.

There should really be a sticky warning about some dealers. There's been a couple of threads in the past. The guy I'm thinking of is from Florida, took money from a bunch of people that ended up with nothing. Funny, I ended up with the machine tool, but it was missing some parts, and when I called, there was never ever a call back or response.
Good luck!!

Which company was this? Thats pretty crappy.
I too have been looking to add a machine and what a bunch of aggravation trying to figure out who or what dealer actually has the machine.

This sorta fits in this thread.

This: Haas VF-3SS (2-Pallet) (2006) - Premier Equipment

Is my machine. Still on my floor. And, currently not for sale, LOL

They stole my pics and info from a Craigslist add I made when I was trying to sell it in 2019.
I think it was davidn that brought it to my attention that they had it listed (cant remember for sure).
I ended up talking to the guy at Premier. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went.
But, it was basically "I dont need help selling it". Why they still have a listing for it on their site well over a year later? IDFK?!
The listing used to have about 15 photos. Looks like it is down to one now.

They stole my pics and info from a Craigslist add I made when I was trying to sell it in 2019.
I think it was davidn that brought it to my attention that they had it listed (cant remember for sure).
I ended up talking to the guy at Premier. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went.
But, it was basically "I dont need help selling it". Why they still have a listing for it on their site well over a year later? IDFK?!

Call them up and tell them you want to see it.

Also mention that you have a Nigerian company willing to cut a check for it........

Call them up and tell them you want to see it.

Also mention that you have a Nigerian company willing to cut a check for it........

That's why they still have it listed. They want you to call them so they can say that it just sold, but they have blah blah blah they can get you for a steal.

I really want someone to file the copyright for their machine photo and then go after the predatory dealers. Statutory damages are quite large, and they have no fair use claim.

I couldn't resist, had to click your link... Day 109 of home quarantine here and really running outta stuff to do. I went to my website's Cpannel and created an alternate POP email account as I just knew I would get on their mailing list. I clicked the request quote and gave my NEW email account and bang. Had a quote for an EC-1600 in about 5 minutes. I responded (Stupid Me) and let him know it was the wrong machine then 5 minutes later here came the quote for the VF-3. Had to have been Wheelies since he's got more $$$ in Orange vises on the pallet than my house cost.

Told the guy "I need the serial number and location for inspection and that's the last I heard from Premier! However, My dumbass forgot to turn off email signatures on my response email and of course it has my website on it. I get up today and check my "Contact us" emails and it probably had 20 different used machine dealers that actually took the time to fill out the forms, sign the terms of use, and use the Re-Captia! I guess the joke's on me now....

I couldn't resist, had to click your link... Day 109 of home quarantine here and really running outta stuff to do. I went to my website's Cpannel and created an alternate POP email account as I just knew I would get on their mailing list. I clicked the request quote and gave my NEW email account and bang. Had a quote for an EC-1600 in about 5 minutes. I responded (Stupid Me) and let him know it was the wrong machine then 5 minutes later here came the quote for the VF-3. Had to have been Wheelies since he's got more $$$ in Orange vises on the pallet than my house cost.

Told the guy "I need the serial number and location for inspection and that's the last I heard from Premier! However, My dumbass forgot to turn off email signatures on my response email and of course it has my website on it. I get up today and check my "Contact us" emails and it probably had 20 different used machine dealers that actually took the time to fill out the forms, sign the terms of use, and use the Re-Captia! I guess the joke's on me now....

[tangent]

One of our IT guys has a unique method of dealing with spam email. He has a business domain (say pm.com) that he uses when he needs to set up an account with Amazon, Walmart, or whoever.

The twist is, he has a unique address for each one of those companies. So the email for his Amazon account is [email protected], Walmart is [email protected].

If he ever gets an email in that account from anyone else, he knows who sold his address.......:crazy:

[/tangent]

[tangent]

One of our IT guys has a unique method of dealing with spam email. He has a business domain (say pm.com) that he uses when he needs to set up an account with Amazon, Walmart, or whoever.

The twist is, he has a unique address for each one of those companies. So the email for his Amazon account is [email protected], Walmart is [email protected].

If he ever gets an email in that account from anyone else, he knows who sold his address.......:crazy:

[/tangent]

You can do that with Gmail using the + character. Say your email address (for spam purposes) is [email protected]. If you use [email protected] it will still go through. Now, if you reply the reply comes from Don.PM, not Don.PM+....., but it helps in the same sort of way.
On that some note, Don.PM, don.pm, donpm, d.o.n.p.m are all the same as far as gmail is concerned, the periods and capitalization don't mean anything. This is not universally true on other e-mail domains.

It's like an MLS for machines...if you can't sell what you have rights to sell offer what others have the right to and maybe make a side deal.

In either case speaking to a buying clinet beats cold calls.

Ever get those DO you have a "Haas SL-10" or a ________(fill in the blank) your looking to sell, we have immediate buyers for these machines. Ya think maybe they listed somebody else's machine and now have an active buyer?

I know when I was dabbling with buying a used machine I made a call to one place and they "just" got rid of it, but had some more coming in. Following week I have multiple machines being offered from them. Its how I got my Haas Barfeeder. Did the place I buy it from actually own it...beats me, don't care, it made it here, works and I paid what I thought was fair for it.

Back