What's new
What's new

Machine shop insurance?

50BMG DUDE

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

Been with AmFam for 11 years for insurance and just got dropped. Never had a claim, Just had machinery covered, no liability. Agent told me they were getting rid of commercial business risk...

Need a decent insurance company that will cover $600K worth of CNC and related machinery. No building, no liability. no flood (Phoenix AZ)

Thanks!

Chris

I use Federated, so far so good but no claims...

Insurance is a huge PITA. Not sure how your cancellation will affect writing a new policy, or if they will be interested in issuing the kind of coverage you are looking for. Seems like CGL is the starting point...

I recently got Federated as well. I have my machinery, shop contents, liability for the building (rented shop), an umbrella policy, and 1.5 million liability for on site at a customer's facility. They will soon be handling my pickup truck as well, so I can legit use it for work. Plus the premium is a few bucks less than Farmer's. Price is reasonable for my size and what's insured. So far so good. Insurance is definitely a pain, but I've seen a few shops burn, and all of a sudden the premiums seem very reasonable.

A friend of mine also has Federated and had a 1.5 million claim when his shop burned to the ground, 12 CNCs, manual machines, inventory, wages, the building, shop contents and a bunch more was covered, no problems. His experience is why I decided to go with Federated.

I am in Florence AZ I use farm bureau

I use Duane riddle for full line commercial insurance. Auto, building, liability, worker comp.

Hi Guys,

Been with AmFam for 11 years for insurance and just got dropped. Never had a claim, Just had machinery covered, no liability. Agent told me they were getting rid of commercial business risk...

Need a decent insurance company that will cover $600K worth of CNC and related machinery. No building, no liability. no flood (Phoenix AZ)

Thanks!

Chris

Back