What's new
What's new

Kustomizer's Shop

kustomizer

Diamond
I have responded to a couple of other peoples threads like "Show your shop truck" and a couple of others.Anyhow there seems to be some interest in what we are doing and we don't want to hijack someone elses threads so I thought I would start one on the subject.
The Covid-19 pandemic has thrown yet another rock out in our path but we are too far along to quit. We cannot get big trucks or trailers into either location so we decided to buy a pickup and a couple of trailers and move ourselves. For some reason I have not nailed down I seem to take pics with an Iphone 11 that may be upside down, sideways or correct, If you know why, please tell me so I can fix it.
IMG_7166.jpg
We have our "cootie kit" bags to handle fuel pumps without contact, lysol, bags for hands and credit cards so we touch nothing.
IMG_7237.jpg
We bring our own backhaul as the ram doesn't know the Ford is back there.
IMG_7227.jpg
Some jackass seems to tailgate me all the way back to California
IMG_7233.jpg
In all we need 9 CNC machines, the support machines and a whole lot of other stuff to move.

I have responded to a couple of other peoples threads like "Show your shop truck" and a couple of others.Anyhow there seems to be some interest in what we are doing and we don't want to hijack someone elses threads so I thought I would start one on the subject.
The Covid-19 pandemic has thrown yet another rock out in our path but we are too far along to quit. We cannot get big trucks or trailers into either location so we decided to buy a pickup and a couple of trailers and move ourselves. For some reason I have not nailed down I seem to take pics with an Iphone 11 that may be upside down, sideways or correct, If you know why, please tell me so I can fix it.
View attachment 284463
We have our "cootie kit" bags to handle fuel pumps without contact, lysol, bags for hands and credit cards so we touch nothing.
View attachment 284464
We bring our own backhaul as the ram doesn't know the Ford is back there.
View attachment 284465
Some jackass seems to tailgate me all the way back to California
View attachment 284466
In all we need 9 CNC machines, the support machines and a whole lot of other stuff to move.

lucky dog! i'd love to get out of cali...

Near North Fork, been there most of the last year, Loving it too. It is kind of like when I was a kid and folks were just normal and friendly, it is hard to explain.

Good for you kustomizer
A tread about your move will be a welcome break for us stuck in one place guys.
Lot of photos is a good thing..
Plus there is not just potatoes there, there is gold to be found...agree likely not to get rich or make $20 an hour but a fun hobby..
( ops Hobby, a No No word sorry)

Kinda changing the topic rons..but a very good topic .. I think you should start.."Prepping and off the grid.." If guys would keep it to facts and opinions with little Arguing it would be good.
That would be very interesting and i have a few ideas about it.

I have an off the grid prepping camp. kellyroadcamp dot com. yes it has its faults..but could survive about 6 people.
Buck

A good topic always gets a flood of jokes. Which I have participated in. But I'm not one of the big timers.
Starting a subject like "Prepping and off the grid" will just put a scare into the city dwellers and the unprepared.

As for upside down pictures, before posting here I always preview and adjust pics with gthumb on a desktop/laptop.
Don't know what is available on the iphone.

"As for upside down pictures, before posting here I always preview and adjust pics with gthumb on a desktop/laptop.
Don't know what is available on the iphone."

I think the camera is upside up when when I take the pics, when I post them here they are sometimes upside down or sideways. On my laptop they are upside up.

Good for you kustomizer
A tread about your move will be a welcome break for us stuck in one place guys.
Lot of photos is a good thing..
Plus there is not just potatoes there, there is gold to be found...agree likely not to get rich or make $20 an hour but a fun hobby..
( ops Hobby, a No No word sorry)

The place we are leaving is in the heart of the California gold country with a gold bearing creek running through the middle of it. I like to drink homemade wine and watch other people look for gold, the new place has a trout bearing river running through it, that may end up being more interesting.

I have found that sometimes if I pay a little more, I can get a trucker to go places that are out of their standard travel range. of course finding a trucker that is legal in california and willing to go to northern idaho is a pain, probably limited to a 48 foot flatbed trailer to make it even more difficult. making that trip multiple times in a pickup sounds painful though. of course a trucker would just be a little over double your haul so multiple trips anyway. is that first picture the overlook scenic point out by marsing?

I have found that sometimes if I pay a little more, I can get a trucker to go places that are out of their standard travel range. of course finding a trucker that is legal in california and willing to go to northern idaho is a pain, probably limited to a 48 foot flatbed trailer to make it even more difficult. making that trip multiple times in a pickup sounds painful though. of course a trucker would just be a little over double your haul so multiple trips anyway. is that first picture the overlook scenic point out by marsing?

The big problem with the big truck is they can't get within 1/4 mile of either shop as both driveways have too tight of turns and trees we wish to keep. We also would need bigger forklifts at both ends, and I would have to be at both ends to load and unload. The way we have been doing it we have been able to keep making parts for about 3 weeks of each month keeping our customers in pcs.
The pic you asked about is just south of Challis

Glad you could escape. Are those old school stainless steel 5 gallon gas cans? Where did you get them? I can only find those new style ones that suck.

Glad you could escape. Are those old school stainless steel 5 gallon gas cans? Where did you get them? I can only find those new style ones that suck.

I found them on ebay, they make them in both 2.5 and 5 gallons and the price is the same. Most of the time they have the flunky spout ones but every now and then I find these.

So todays big project was to unload the trailers, I thinl we have just about 1000lbs of jacks, skis, skates, chains, binders, ratchet straps and other misc stuff. Then we modified one set of our skis to fit the turning centers as we have 2 of those and 2 vmc's to go. This trip we are loading 1 vmc and one turning center along with whatever else we can stack on ( cabinets, job boxes, a work bench, and who knows what else) I will check the tongue weight now and again as it was a bit heavy last time.
IMG_7246.jpg
IMG_7249.jpg
IMG_7250.jpg
IMG_7252.jpg
I don't have the rollers on it yet as the vmc will load first then I will move them to the turning center, I only made one set.
Tomorrow we will drag them up on the trailer.

Back