What's new
What's new

My bank was bought out and went down hill in a hurry.

amdinc

Hot Rolled
A bank from NC BB&T bought out my bank.Susquahanna and another one, Penn National, shut down over 25 branches and layed off a number or employees. The service has gone from great to almost no existent. The lines at the bank go out the door on a Friday afternoon. I was with this bank for 15 years.
Time to get a new bank.

John

I just switched this week, to Citizens bank. I switched to Susquehanna 3 years ago, to get away from PNC after PNC bought Sterling Financial and my bank, BBT is just as bad, maybe worse than PNC for fees and BS. No one at my branch smiles anymore since the switch to BBT, that was my first indication of what was happening.

I don't remember the last time I entered my bank.

Online transactions.
Direct deposit.
ATM deposit / withdrawal.
Mailed deposit.
Deposit checks via smartphone, without mail.

I just switched this week, to Citizens bank. I switched to Susquehanna 3 years ago, to get away from PNC after PNC bought Sterling Financial and my bank, BBT is just as bad, maybe worse than PNC for fees and BS. No one at my branch smiles anymore since the switch to BBT, that was my first indication of what was happening.

I want away from Citizens I was leaning towards PNC LOL..I think we are screwed as far as banks go.
Remember when they made their money loaning money.
Nows its penalty's , fees and costs.

The only bad thing about the Susquehanna Bank was learning to spell their name:) The first time I went to BB&T to get a wire transfer it took them three days to get it right.
Last week on Friday the bank ran out of money. The people were told to come back next week. That didn't go over very well. They said they didn't get their cash shipment in.
There are a couple of local banks that I am looking into, and the Penn National that BB&T closed which was in the local supermarket is supposed to get a new branch of some other bank in three months (something to do with lease agreement that they have to wait). Most banks don't even want to cash payroll checks unless the person has an account at the bank too otherwise they want to charge the employee.

John

Is that bank a subsidiary of the Susquehanna Hat Company?

A similar situation happened with my bank here. Tried to visit the branch in 3 different cities and each one had closed or moved. And this a major national bank. Come next month I'll be done with bricks and mortar banking (and any Canadian company). Fairly consistent across the board is tellers that don't know shit from tar.

I want away from Citizens I was leaning towards PNC LOL...
Businesses around here were leaving PNC like rats off a sinking ship, not a single one that I know of was even asked why they were leaving or if there was something they could do to change their mind. PNC charged me $105.00 to make a wire transfer to Spain, and it took a week to get there. Worst part is I was quoted $45 6 weeks earlier, then when I made it "Oh there's also this charge and this charge, and a little extra because a teller is helping you do it. It would be cheaper for you to do it online" "OK, then set me up for online wire transfers." "That will take 30 days to do". Grrr.

Last year I changed bank, new one(credit union type) is half the costs and better service/hours.
Its worth shopping around, I wish I had done so sooner.

Just a thought: look to a Credit Union.

Mine is still in Minnesota and I don't need to visit them for anything, and am very happy with them to boot! Helpful when I need them to be, and automatic enough that I don't have to think about things much.

is that bank a subsidiary of the susquehanna hat company?

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
Susquehanna hat company !!!
:mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5:

Is the branch on Bagel Street??
:D

I was with Citizens for several years till they closed the local branch and the next closest one was 45 miles away.
They acted all surprised when I closed my account.
They always seemed to hold funds extra long, among other annoyances. Now I'm with the local Corning Credit Union and they are great. NO fee checking. I'm a LLC, no problems with membership. But I guess the CU's make up their own rules.
YMMV

A bank from NC BB&T bought out my bank.Susquahanna and another one, Penn National, shut down over 25 branches and layed off a number or employees. The service has gone from great to almost no existent. The lines at the bank go out the door on a Friday afternoon. I was with this bank for 15 years.
Time to get a new bank.

John

BB&T does that. And far worse. Ruined First Virginia some years ago.

Fedwire member deposits went from 'at once' to 6 biz days 'artificial' clearing delay.

I use USAA Federal Savings Bank instead.

Irony is that I can pull money OUT of BB&T 'at once' into USAA.. and BB&T takes the same 6 days to become aware that it is gone!

Go figure...

If you are in PA, I highly recommend "Dollar Bank".

Bill

I got away from the big banks assholes a very long time ago (used to be with bofa).
I switched to a small local county bank that has several branches throughout the area, is recognized and awarded for sound practices, lends to the local contracting community as well as personal loans.
When I walk in (even though I use the atm a lot) I am welcomed by several of the tellers by name, and it is a very friendly exchange.

Stay local! Keep your money in the community.

btw, the name of the bank is:

Santa Cruz Community Bank

Lee (the saw guy)

I got away from the big banks assholes a very long time ago (used to be with bofa).
I switched to a small local county bank that has several branches throughout the area, is recognized and awarded for sound practices, lends to the local contracting community as well as personal loans.
When I walk in (even though I use the atm a lot) I am welcomed by several of the tellers by name, and it is a very friendly exchange.

Stay local! Keep your money in the community.

That's where I was before PNC took over. It was my 4th bank and I absolutely loved it. Largely owned by the employees too. Then 2 guys in the equipment leasing company that was owned by the same umbrella co. committed a fraud so huge that they were 'forced' to sell out to PNC to 'Protect the stockholders" (who happened to be the upper level mgt. who didn't want to take the entire stock hit for the fraud and chose to bail themselves out). Lots of lifetime employees out on the street after the merger. Then I went to Susquehanna which was the last small local bank left. That lasted 2 years until BBT came in.

Examining scandal that rocked Sterling | News | lancasteronline.com

Back