Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Family stuff. If Allison becomes a Grandma, she is outta here headed for the Seattle area. I'm pretty okay with that.
    This past summer has done me in. I officially fucking hate it here. I think its time for me to get back in the woods.
    Well, if it comes to that, get in touch! We have lots of woods for sure .

Regards.

Mike

2. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Now you tell me. I was in Florida once in my life 2 years ago on a trip to Disney World. I have to take water pills because of hypertension and a heart condition. The first couple hours after I take one I pee frequently at high volume. When I stopped along I-95 to relieve myself in the brush I was just looking out for alligators and pythons, I guess they are the ones that get all the press.
    Yes they get the focus and for darn good reason. Alligators were almost killed off in the sixties. Once protected they came back good over time and now no pond,spring, ar swampy patch is without them. Now hunting is allowed to keep them in check. When it rains here it is not uncommon the see Aligators moving across the coastal roads taking the rain as a chance to move.

Not long ago I was out driving during a rainstorm in St. Augustine and there was a alligator that was about three feet long and a fellow got out to catch him! I am a native and not that bold at all yet the fellow likely was going to take it to one of the local resturaunts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Not long ago I was out driving during a rainstorm in St. Augustine and there was a alligator that was about three feet long and a fellow got out to catch him! I am a native and not that bold at all yet the fellow likely was going to take it to one of the local resturaunts.
    I seriously did not know it was common for people to eat alligators, I thought they were only wanted for their hides. I was surprised to find alligator meat selling for almost $20 a pound.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now you tell me. I was in Florida once in my life 2 years ago on a trip to Disney World. I have to take water pills because of hypertension and a heart condition. The first couple hours after I take one I pee frequently at high volume. When I stopped along I-95 to relieve myself in the brush I was just looking out for alligators and pythons, I guess they are the ones that get all the press.
    If you ever see a good sized gator "up close", oh you'll remember it! I was golfing a few years ago, had my back to the pond and ditch filled with water. All of a sudden I hear people yelling alligator! Turned around and probably 20 feet from me was a good 6-7' gator crossing the fairway into the pond.

Also worked at a place that had a gazebo built over the pond out the back of the break room. Walked out onto it to have a morning coffee break, and laying in the water next to the deck was a big ass gator. Turned tail and went back inside!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I seriously did not know it was common for people to eat alligators, I thought they were only wanted for their hides. I was surprised to find alligator meat selling for almost $20 a pound.
    Alligator is pretty good. Usually mixed with pork and made into sausage. But you can get/eat plain tail meat, but only had it like that once or twice.

edit: When I lived in SC we had a roadside seafood place. They always had gator tail meat in the freezers. Never got any there because the place stunk so bad of fish it was enough to turn the stomach.

7. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Alligator is pretty good. Usually mixed with pork and made into sausage. But you can get/eat plain tail meat, but only had it like that once or twice.

edit: When I lived in SC we had a roadside seafood place. They always had gator tail meat in the freezers. Never got any there because the place stunk so bad of fish it was enough to turn the stomach.

This tread has taken quite a few twists and turns. Last time I checked in as9100d had been found out. Now i'm wondering has someone fed him to the alligators??

9. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tonymor View Post
    This tread has taken quite a few twists and turns. Last time I checked in as9100d had been found out. Now i'm wondering has someone fed him to the alligators??
    You don't know the [other] three S's?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

11. Likes ChipSplitter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    You don't know the [other] three S's?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    I thought that was a Michigan Mafia thing..???

13. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don’t eat it really. There is a lot of good seafood instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nope, that's not it, LOL. Shop might be headed out of the valley sooner than I/we planned.
    Still a couple years out probably. But, I have been warned, LOL.
    Family stuff. If Allison becomes a Grandma, she is outta here headed for the Seattle area. I'm pretty okay with that.
    This past summer has done me in. I officially fucking hate it here. I think its time for me to get back in the woods.
    Bill..........................you sure don't enjoy life standin' still...................

16. Likes Ox, wheelieking71, Garwood liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The tail meat is really good. It has kind of a cheesy flavor....tastes a bit like chicken. Makes great sides at a seafood joint.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a Cajun restaurant here that had alligator on the menu. Fried chunks. 99% fry. Yuck.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Dakota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More google................

BAM!

Eternal Engineering Group Llc

Just click the link and check the name/address!
    LOL!
    I have been away from the 'net for a couple weeks, and what do I find?
    I should take up fortune telling...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Bill..........................you sure don't enjoy life standin' still...................
    I would have left the Phoenix area a long time ago, were it not for my wonderful bride, LOL
    Her Mom, 1 son, 4 brothers, 3 nephews, 1 niece. That is why we are here (mostly her Mom, and the two nephews she is closest with).
    Our daughter left for a permanent stay in Seattle about 4~5 years ago. Allison was there two weeks ago for her wedding.
    They both have good jobs and already own a house. She (our daughter) loves it there, and he wont leave for the same reasons Allison would never leave here (family, he is from there).
    BUT, a grandbaby trumps ALL.

21. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man, Phoenix to Seattle will be a big, no EPIC climate shock!

23. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidScott View Post
    Man, Phoenix to Seattle will be a big, no EPIC climate shock!
    From pretty much no rain to raining every other day. I had a part timer who lived just south of Seattle who would come down to So Cal and work for me about 6 months out of the year, he was a friend's dad. All he ever talked about was how sick he was of it raining all the time. He could not stand it anymore but his wife and a lot of family was up there. He pretty much would rotate between So Cal and Washington every 3 months. He liked to fish, but not in the rain.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

From pretty much no rain to raining every other day. I had a part timer who lived just south of Seattle who would come down to So Cal and work for me about 6 months out of the year, he was a friend's dad. All he ever talked about was how sick he was of it raining all the time. He could not stand it anymore but his wife and a lot of family was up there. He pretty much would rotate between So Cal and Washington every 3 months. He liked to fish, but not in the rain.
    OP is originally from my neck o the woods.....we get less sunshine than Seattle......

26. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a baby brother that has been gone from here for along time. He went to skewl in Alabama (of all places, but apparently there was a gurl down there) and then when he got done there, he went to Arizona for the first year or two of teaching. Then he came home for a cpl weeks (?) the next summer and after a while he asked mom - "Is it always cloudy here? Doo I just not remember it?"

.. and this was during the summer when it is the least cloudy and you can normally at least point to the sun - whether it may be clear or not...

Seattle will likely be about double that difference, but at least not as cold in the winter?

He ended up moving to Vienna. I have no clue what the weather is there...

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    .....we get less sunshine than Seattle......
    Yuh think?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    OP is originally from my neck o the woods.....we get less sunshine than Seattle......
    Does it ever dry out there? One complaint I have heard about Seattle is moss grows everywhere, including your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I nominate this as PM thread of the year. One of the only good things to come out of 2020 so far.