Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Yea, I have one potentially lined up to start mid week this week. But, maybe not? IDK? Hard to get a straight answer out of him.
    He is 54. Has only two jobs on his resume for the last 25 years. I know both places. This guy was a sand-blaster in AZ for over 15 years.
    That is dedication! Being able to do that job outside, through AZ summers. The other place (most recent) is moving out of state, and he doesn't want to follow.
    Communication could be better. Both email/phone and verbal (he mumbles). And, no hard answers.

I'm almost ready to give up on hiring honestly.
    I really really hate that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, the wishy~washy older gent did not take the job. Seems his Mum fell down some stairs back in Minnesota and broke her ankle.
    He potentially wanted to start last Wed. he just now texted me to let me know he had left the state. Probably a great dude. Just not a good fit.

Wed. when I hadn't heard from him, I got a resume that I felt compelled to call on. Young kid (20), never really had a "real" job.
    His dad owns a couple local used car dealerships. He used to work for his dad. And, flipped cars on the side. Said he doesn't really care for that racket.
    Biggest notable attribute about him at interview: super shy! Like, worse than me (and I am bad). I think he may have one of those diagnosable condidtions.
    Aspbergers, or whatever, IDK? Just abnormally shy. Real hard to make eye contact. Also difficult to get a reply much past a head nod.
    But, hired him on the spot. He was willing to start that second (mid day Wed.). I said naw, lets start a fresh day tomorrow.
    Worked Thus./Fri. under Joe's wing. Joe got him up to speed on the big-fat-haas. He is did great! I can see him through a peep hole at my desk.
    Once he had swapped out both sides a half dozen times, he had the routine down pat! Joe, showed him the 2nd machine a few times, but he never did it.
    Friday, I completed a simple set-up in a little haas. After Joe left, I showed him that one. He picked the routine up just like the other, and kicked ass.
    Then! Actually showed up today after the weekend! Alright! He is rockin' away! Covering 2.5 machines right now. Allison is helping him with one occasionally.
    Although, he doesn't really need it. But, man he is quiet? shy? introvert? IDK? Haven't seen his phone one single time. And, he pays very close attention to everything he does!
    I'm really hoping he makes it to raise time! I might even throw it at him early!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ohh, and, uhh, I bought a robot, LOL

(complete wrustle move! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Ohh, and, uhh, I bought a robot, LOL

(complete wrustle move! )
    How long are you going to leave us hanging?

Kid sounds great, BTW. Sounds like I was at that age, maybe not quite that extreme....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fast, efficient, quiet; kid's a robot!