What's new
What's new

In need of a source for large copper bar

yoke

Hot Rolled
I need cold rolled Copper 110 in 2 x 7 I'll need about 70 feet.

I am assuming this is going to be a custom run from a mill but figured someone out there might have a lead.

Does anyone know of a mill that is willing to do an order this small?

Farmers, not sure how they would shear/cut off a sheet- but they have the voodoo. 3800 #s of copper is not small. that is like more than a weeks wages, or two, or three....

My customer found a supplier and changed the quantity. We'll be getting in 6000 lbs of copper in the next few weeks. Should be chipping about 5000 lbs so I hope the price is up for scrap. Largest tool is .5 so I'm staring down the barrel of lots of spindle hours.

thanks for pitching in.

Scrap prices have been dropping ... and frequently!

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I've heard of jobs with high material removal being done in exchange for possession of the scrap, or at least had scrap value figured into the quote. I hope that's not the case here.

#1 copper has dropped $.21 in the last 5 weeks.
But - it's really on par with Jan 1 values, so ....

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I've heard of jobs with high material removal being done in exchange for possession of the scrap, or at least had scrap value figured into the quote. I hope that's not the case here.

This isn't the kind of job where that is even considered. If we get anything for it it'll be a cherry on top.

If this job goes well it will likely alter the direction of the business. The customer, one we have all heard of, isn't even sure the job can be done which is an interesting place to be.

This isn't the kind of job where that is even considered. If we get anything for it it'll be a cherry on top.

If this job goes well it will likely alter the direction of the business. The customer, one we have all heard of, isn't even sure the job can be done which is an interesting place to be.

If it’s an electric car company, or a related enterprise, you might be best off getting a substantial deposit before making any chips, and don’t buy the material with your money whatever you do.

Not those guys, I've heard stories.

This whole job is a rounding error to the end user. I wouldn't take on a job of this size without a significant history with the customer.

If it’s an electric car company, or a related enterprise, you might be best off getting a substantial deposit before making any chips, and don’t buy the material with your money whatever you do.

Sounds like someone is considering a presidential bid with those business tactics.

Or is that just how people with the perception of having money do business?

Why is the price of scrap always dropping? I swear it was much higher when I started my career and it's been dropping ever since. Or at least it's dropping any time the subject comes up on PM!

Back