What's new
What's new

a new CL funny.. (sorry if I already posted this)

Actually goes down well with the hot car/hot boat crowd...........the kind who think you can get 1500hp from a small block.The shed next to me had a hot car workshop ,and hot boat workshop.............my favorite was the assistant mechanic (said arf ,arf arf a lot)went off with a new boat and trailer ,came back same morning in three tilt trays .....wasnt all bad tho,I bought the new tandem hot dip gal trailer from the insurers for $1500.The boat took its first ever run on bitumen.

Gotta give credit though...post a Classified ad that has a bunch of people talking and re-posting the ad to a huge audience is kinda genius.

Over the top, extreme personality do go far in some of those crowds. I have a feeling the ad generated some hires and maybe eve a few clients.

Me...I take it as a warning to stay clear...but he's not wanting me as a hire or a client.

Very simple really....count the tatts ,then count the teeth.......one will exceed the other by a very large margin.

That is funny, (kind of)....

I don't think the tatoo stigma is what it used to be (and I say that loosely)... Now people with face tats, or prison tats, ok ya a little different...
but people that have 'sleeves', or multiple tats on their arms (assuming what you could see normally, or at a job interview), not so much IMO.

I did not read all... does that apply to very smart people as well? IE they don't really understand they have a higher IQ and think it is normal that they understand (at an elevated level) alot of things that "normal IQ" people don't? :willy_nilly:

Its suppose to work in the opposite direction, smart people are suppose to be more aware of what they don't know. On tests, low IQ people consistently over estimate how many they think they got right and higher IQ underestimate.....or maybe I don't have a clue and DK is kicking in

The difficulty I've found with some smart people is that they get used to right most of the time and start to assume they are right all time. Its very hard to get them to listen to views and reasons of others because already know they're right. No idea what the name of that condition is....but if you know how to manage those types please let me know!

Last edited:
Its suppose to work in the opposite direction, smart people are suppose to be more aware of what they don't know. On tests, low IQ people consistently over estimate how many they think they got right and higher IQ underestimate.....or maybe I don't have a clue and DK is kicking in

The difficulty I've found with some smart people is that they get used to right most of the time and start to assume they are right all time. Its very hard to get them to listen to views and reasons of others because already know they're right. No idea what the name of that condition is....but if you know how to manage those types please let me know!

My fellow sailing instructors and I called that "Doctor Syndrome" when people who were outstanding in their fields assumed that they could just jump on a sailboat and start cruising around. Nope, it's a new skill and you need to earn it just like you earned all your other skills, through instruction and/or practice.

I did not read all... does that apply to very smart people as well? IE they don't really understand they have a higher IQ and think it is normal that they understand (at an elevated level) alot of things that "normal IQ" people don't? :willy_nilly:

Apparently so, friend points it out to me on a regular basis. Really, how can so many people in this world be so F'n stupid:D

Back