What's new
What's new

New Shop! Finally!

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Well, I finally got the place sorted. After a move to temporary digs after the 2014 collapse, I found a gorgeous building in Stanhope, NJ. The rent was very reasonable, the landlady a gem, and I have - FINALLY - found a home for my machines where I can make some coin.

I left my job at Doosan after nearly 7 years. It was a great place, but time was up. I still train people independently, and consult, but I really wanted a place to hang my hat.

Pics to follow!

Attachments

• 20180311_153915.jpg
    20180311_153915.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 20180311_154046.jpg
    20180311_154046.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 20180311_154140.jpg
    20180311_154140.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 368
  • 20180311_154147.jpg
    20180311_154147.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 362
Congratulations, wish you well there in your new endeavor . Surely there is a Doosan somewhere there in the mix.

I like seeing new buildings with older machines going into them.

It can get old hearing guys talk about all they could do "if only they had a new machine." I mean we all love the smell of new iron, but rigging machines that are paid for and you KNOW what they are capable of sparks a certain factual optimism. While others dream, you're making money with the tools in your hands.

Congratulations! How old is that Pratt & Whitney? What is the control? It looks like it's got two controls worth of knobs and buttons. Also, that is the nicest Mori SL-3 I have seen aside from one at Mori's showroom as a museum piece.

Glad that load on the rollback made it in one piece. That's scary that they just put straps over the sheet metal (including the control panel) and hit the road. I wouldn't drive across the parking lot without some chains hooked to a substantial hunk of cast iron!

Thank you!
The P&W is 1985 with a Fanuc System 11M-A CNC.
That Mori SL3-H is 1986 with a Fanuc System 11T-A.
The Mori, I've had since new. My dad bought it in 1986. I took it out of the crate. It's NEVER been slammed or cracked up, ever. Still holds tenths. Original paint too.

Glad that load on the rollback made it in one piece. That's scary that they just put straps over the sheet metal (including the control panel) and hit the road. I wouldn't drive across the parking lot without some chains hooked to a substantial hunk of cast iron!

They told me they could REALLY feel the weight in the truck when they were driving.

I like seeing new buildings with older machines going into them.

It can get old hearing guys talk about all they could do "if only they had a new machine." I mean we all love the smell of new iron, but rigging machines that are paid for and you KNOW what they are capable of sparks a certain factual optimism. While others dream, you're making money with the tools in your hands.

Every one of those old gals can still hold tenths. All day. The Mori SL3-H and Okuma LB-15 have been with me since new, 1986 and 1983 respectfully. Never wrecked or slammed. Ever. The P&W and Johnford came out of good shops that took good care of them and they hold size too!

Back