What's new
What's new

O.T. Privacy Statement for outside vendors

gmach10

Hot Rolled
We're are in he process of hiring a new cleaning service and I was wondering if any of you have cleaning companies sign any kind of privacy statement regarding what they might see? This is an excavating company not a bank but still, does anyone do this and is there a standard online form available?

Thank, Glenn

We're are in he process of hiring a new cleaning service and I was wondering if any of you have cleaning companies sign any kind of privacy statement regarding what they might see? This is an excavating company not a bank but still, does anyone do this and is there a standard online form available?

Thank, Glenn

Seeing how these cleaning companies have the highest turnover, and hire the most
nefarious people.....

A piece of paper will do little.

Thank, Glenn

I'm trying to think what an excavating company would leave out while the office/shop is closed that a cleaning person would have the slightest bit of interest in. Digger doug had it right, the people that are working for a janitorial service could care less and are not the best people someone would use to gather intel. But, have your attorney draw up an NDA/NCA and have them sign it. JMHO

Here, I'll save you the time, here's mine -

Non Disclosure & Non-Circumvention Agreement

This Mutual Nondisclosure & Non-Circumvention Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into effective as of Date___________ by _____________________ and ______________________¬¬¬-___________________¬¬¬¬_________________________ ("Recipient") is for the purpose of protecting and preserving the confidential and/or proprietary nature of information to be disclosed or made available by the disclosing party to the recipient under this Agreement, and precluding any circumvention or competition by the recipient of this agreement with respect to the project and its scope being disclosed.

Scope & Intent

The purpose of this agreement is to ensure that all ideas, development plans, discussions, drawings, data, marketing plans and strategies, operating plans, designs, processes, methods, business plans, materials, financial plans and data, personal and professional contacts and any other information whether made orally or in writing by the disclosing party to be held in the strictest confidence by the recipient as stated in this agreement.

The letter and spirit of this agreement is to fully protect and hold in confidence the disclosed project from any dissemination beyond the disclosing party and recipient as named on this agreement whether in writing or orally. This is to include their officers, directors, partners, shareholders, subsidiaries, members, employees, agents, affiliates, family members, friends, associates or acquaintances without written authorization from the disclosing party.

Ownership of and Right to Disclose Confidential Information

All Confidential Information is, and shall remain, the property of the disclosing party. Nothing herein shall be construed as granting or conferring any rights by license or otherwise in the Confidential Information except as expressly provided herein.

Non-Circumvention

The recipient agrees that they will not directly or indirectly participate in any efforts that may circumvent or be competitive with the efforts of disclosing party. The recipient agrees that neither he/she nor any of their officers, directors, partners, shareholders, subsidiaries, members, employees, agents, affiliates, family members, friends, associates or acquaintances will enter into any agreement, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding or similar agreement relating to the disclosed project of the disclosing party either orally or in writing.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties (disclosing party and recipient) have caused this Agreement to be signed by themselves or their duly authorized representatives effective as of the Effective Date.

Disclosing Party Recipient

Signature: ___________________________________ Signature:_____________________________________

Printed:. Printed:_______________________________________

Effective Date: _____________________________ Effective Date:_________________________________

Maybe some one could chime in here about getting an employee "bonded"....

IIRC it's been discussed before.

I'm trying to think what an excavating company would leave out while the office/shop is closed that a cleaning person would have the slightest bit of interest in. Digger doug had it right, the people that are working for a janitorial service could care less and are not the best people someone would use to gather intel. But, have your attorney draw up an NDA/NCA and have them sign it. JMHO

Here, I'll save you the time, here's mine -

Non Disclosure & Non-Circumvention Agreement

This Mutual Nondisclosure & Non-Circumvention Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into effective as of Date___________ by _____________________ and ______________________¬¬¬-___________________¬¬¬¬_________________________ ("Recipient") is for the purpose of protecting and preserving the confidential and/or proprietary nature of information to be disclosed or made available by the disclosing party to the recipient under this Agreement, and precluding any circumvention or competition by the recipient of this agreement with respect to the project and its scope being disclosed.

Scope & Intent

The purpose of this agreement is to ensure that all ideas, development plans, discussions, drawings, data, marketing plans and strategies, operating plans, designs, processes, methods, business plans, materials, financial plans and data, personal and professional contacts and any other information whether made orally or in writing by the disclosing party to be held in the strictest confidence by the recipient as stated in this agreement.

The letter and spirit of this agreement is to fully protect and hold in confidence the disclosed project from any dissemination beyond the disclosing party and recipient as named on this agreement whether in writing or orally. This is to include their officers, directors, partners, shareholders, subsidiaries, members, employees, agents, affiliates, family members, friends, associates or acquaintances without written authorization from the disclosing party.

Ownership of and Right to Disclose Confidential Information

All Confidential Information is, and shall remain, the property of the disclosing party. Nothing herein shall be construed as granting or conferring any rights by license or otherwise in the Confidential Information except as expressly provided herein.

Non-Circumvention

The recipient agrees that they will not directly or indirectly participate in any efforts that may circumvent or be competitive with the efforts of disclosing party. The recipient agrees that neither he/she nor any of their officers, directors, partners, shareholders, subsidiaries, members, employees, agents, affiliates, family members, friends, associates or acquaintances will enter into any agreement, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding or similar agreement relating to the disclosed project of the disclosing party either orally or in writing.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties (disclosing party and recipient) have caused this Agreement to be signed by themselves or their duly authorized representatives effective as of the Effective Date.

Disclosing Party Recipient

Signature: ___________________________________ Signature:_____________________________________

Printed:. Printed:_______________________________________

Effective Date: _____________________________ Effective Date:_________________________________[/QUOT

Thanks Wild West. No they don't leave out critical info but just want CYA in place.

Thank, Glenn

With your line of work about the only thing I can think of "others" might want to see is if you have an offer lying on your desk or in a wastepaper basket.

In one company where I worked if anyone wanted to know what was going on then the office cleaning lady (company employed) was the one to ask. About the only reason I can think of for her not being fired was that she knew something that someone at the top wanted kept secret :)

About the only advice I can give is that you and your closest workers lock up anything that is confidential. Many companies also have the policy that photography isn't allowed. Usually on a sign at the entrance.

When my Mom worked on the Manhattion project to make the first nuclear bomb the mailman for her portion of Oak Ridge could not read. He matched up numbers as best he could and left any extra mail at his last stop. She felt he was hired because he could not read for better security.
I worked part time as a night custodian for a while. The advertisement said must be bondable. This was simply a ruse to prevent bad folks from bothering to apply. There was no background check or fingerprinting. This wa sin medical offices So I certainly could of looked through peoples medical records.
Bill D

Most places have policy in place regarding things left in open spaces...fair game.

Nothing that requires any consideration of privacy or security is allowed to stay in view.

A secure trash can is used for documents and other items for secure disposal and all computers to have secure screen savers.

The documents above are handy but if you are using a private party it is not much value plus needs for insuring license and their insurance can be a pain.

Companies that do this are better as they have contracts and insurance as well as privacy clauses in their contracts.

Insurance and other headaches less there too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What will you do if you do catch the janitor telling someone else about what you are doing? My answer; you can't do anything because they are janitors and have nothing to really lose. Forget about it.

My personal opinion...

And I don't know how big your company is, I'm assuming its not big enough to have a full
time janitor, and I don't know exactly how often or what you need done...

Either way.. I would skip the "agency", and hire your own cleaning guy..

Pay them well, treat them and then they do a good job and most importantly,
they don't steal your shit.

My cleaning guy has been with me for almost 10 years now.. I pay him good, and I treat
him good (or at least I think so).. He works for the highway department, and they used
to run 4 tens, so he came in on Friday, now they are back to 5x8, so he comes in on
Saturday for 4 hours...

And he does more than just clean.. This past Saturday I had him sitting at the drill press
and deburring.. Towards the end of the year, he is usually trying to burn Vaca time so he
doesn't lose it and I use him a lot then.. If I really NEED him, he'll call out of his
real job and come in to help.. He lives close, so he watches the shop when I'm on vaca.
He's good to my dogs.. Lets me borrow his tools if I need them.. He takes my scrap and cans,
puts half in his gas tank, and half into his grand daughter's college fund.

He retires in a year and a half with an 80% pension.. I can't wait..

For a while he was working a few other cleaning side jobs, but this is the only one he still
has.. I pay better... People he knows are always asking if he can get then a job here, and
as agreed before hand.. He tells them I'm a slave driving asshole and pay minimum wage.

Lot of people out there looking for some extra cash..

He retires in a year and a half with an 80% pension.. I can't wait..

For a while he was working a few other cleaning side jobs, but this is the only one he still
has.. I pay better... People he knows are always asking if he can get then a job here, and
as agreed before hand.. He tells them I'm a slave driving asshole and pay minimum wage.

Suggestion. Adopt him :cheers:

Back