Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    That is just horrible, been horrible for years. Every single thing I've had
    shipped to me with FedEx "smart"post has taken 2-3 weeks. It goes to Phoenix,
    bounces all around Phoenix, then gets shipped to Denver, and does a circuitous
    route of Denver, then back to Phoenix, around in circles again, and then FINALLY
    somebody gets the bright idea to send it to El Paso, and I get it the next day.

Its the same thing every single time. Every time. No matter where it comes from,
    Phoenix to Denver to Phoenix to Denver. Been like that for a good dozen years now.
    Maybe that's the reason Amazon dropped FedEx as a shipper.

BTW: I just met a guy who contracts trucks and drivers to FedEx. He tells me FedEx has no equipment of their own, everything truck-wise is contracted out. The guy said he's never been so busy, but can't find enough drivers. He pays new drivers $80K after a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Maybe that's the reason Amazon dropped FedEx as a shipper.
    My neighbor gets daily Amazon deliveries from FedEx? Some days we will have FedEx, FedEx home delivery, and FedEx Express trucks pull down our driveway.

Unless it’s the subcontracted guys. Two super nice guys, probably in their 60’s, mildy drunk, or high, or both, they do their delivers in a 70’s Chevy cargo van that the doors don’t latch shut. They make regular Amazon deliveries as well.

USPS has out preformed FedEx and UPS in cost, delivery, time frame, ease of shipment, pretty much all around. In 10 years of shipping with USPS they lost my first shipment this last December, though I suspect customs seized it in the country it was shipped to.

I tried UPS again last year and it was a complete disaster, an enormous pain in the rear which collapsed into a pathetic and entirely unnecessary waste of time. All to ship 1 package.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in North Texas it appears that the snow has stayed my courier from the swift completion of his appointed rounds for a couple of days now.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerholz View Post
    Here in North Texas it appears that the snow has stayed my courier from the swift completion of his appointed rounds for a couple of days now.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I have gotten mail at the shop. At home not so much. No tracks in the snow to indicate that any one has driven by the house.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've had an outgoing package in my mailbox since last friday!! (very important custom gauge for a customer)
    To add insult to injury he's actually been here twice this week and just pushed the package out of his way to leave my mail. Fucking unbelievable. I hate to admit it but Amazon is the most proficient shipping service ever LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just don't get this amazed frustration with the post office. In every meaningful sense it's an agency of the federal government. No business owner in his right mind should be shocked by its indifferent performance. Sure, UPS and FedEx cost more, but at least when something goes haywire you can call your account executive. Good luck getting results by calling the postmaster! We absolutely refuse to ship product via USPS.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a comedy show on the telly here about a package delivery service...quite funny in parts,but very close to the truth too in parts.....The last package I got from the US took 8 weeks to come ,but I ordered a similar item locally,and it took 8 weeks to come too.....both arriving on the same day.......But in 2019 ,I got a package USPS from Ohio to my front gate in four days....now thats service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    I just don't get this amazed frustration with the post office. In every meaningful sense it's an agency of the federal government. No business owner in his right mind should be shocked by its indifferent performance. Sure, UPS and FedEx cost more, but at least when something goes haywire you can call your account executive. Good luck getting results by calling the postmaster! We absolutely refuse to ship product via USPS.
    You must do a serious amount of business with UPS to have an account executive! In all the time that I had a UPS account, with all the problems, I was never able to get a person on the phone. When there was a problem, same with FedEx. When they destroyed a $2500 package and refused the insurance, no one.

In the 10 years (I dropped UPS and FedEX in 2011) that I have been shipping with USPS I have had two problems, both times I was able to speak to a person, whose native language was the same as my own, and they solved the problem.

I completely agree, that as a pseudo federal agency they screw all sorts of stuff up. Strangely though UPS and FedEx have MORE bureaucracy than the federal government.

UPS was raping me on prices BECAUSE I was a customer. As in, they were charging me MORE than someone who randomly shipped a package on their website. I closed my account. Magically people, real live people called me. I explained what happened. A few months later I got a phone call from a guy claiming to be a regional Vice President of sales.

He very politely explained that UPS does NOT WANT MY BUSINESS. However companies like mine are a necessity to cover expenditures and overhead.

I have shipped one package with UPS this last fall and it was a disaster. The “account executive” you referred to called me to sell me all kinds of shit. When the first shipment went wrong, 3 phone calls, 3 voice mails, and half a dozen emails went unanswered.

USPS has a PERSON call me EVERY year to ask how’s business, how’s their service, have I had any problems?

UPS and Fedex can fall off a cliff and die as far as I am concerned.

The pathetic part is that a GOVERNMENT AGENCY provides more consistent service, damages LESS packages, LOSES less packages, than a private enterprise.

9. Likes wheelieking71, Garwood liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    The pathetic part is that a GOVERNMENT AGENCY provides more consistent service, damages LESS packages, LOSES less packages, than a private enterprise.
    You forgot "charges LESS" too

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suspect it's a regional thing. Around here packages seem to come and go more or less as usual.

FWIE, I think a lot of employees all over the country are using Covid as an excuse to miss work, teacher's unions being the most publicized examples.

12. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was shocked to see that Lejoi is still postmaster more then a month into a new presidency. I thought he was expected to resign so Biden can appoint new ones. Many political appointees do that so they do not get fired to be replaced by the other party. I guess he thinks he is doing a great job.
    Bil lD

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump was trying to destroy the USPS ,just so Democrat postal votes couldnt be counted .....unfortunately his appointee didnt see it that way,and didnt shut down the service.....Ya just cant get reliable lackeys anymore.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default O.T. US.P.S. Is Failing to function.

this timing on this was too good to not post!
    note the actual time highlighted vs the time that they *attempted delivery* highlighted O.T.  US.P.S. Is Failing to function.
    you'd think, considering usps apparently has a time travel device, that they could do just a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shipped the 20th

Attempted to deliver at noon on the 21st.

That's how I read it after a few goes at it.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

17. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Shipped the 20th

Attempted to deliver at noon on the 21st.

That's how I read it after a few goes at it.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    And he received that note at 9:42am, 2 hours and 33 minutes before the attempted delivery time.

19. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The weather has made a mess of shipping.

UPS and fedex have been 10-15 days out for a few weeks now. Fedex did make a delivery to my shop on Sunday though. That was nice and unexpected. I have 6 incoming USPS packages that all show no movement in the last 5-6 days. I've got 20+ USPS shipments that went out last week that have no movement.

I think the worst part is this time of year people are cranky and tough to deal with. I'm dealing with a royal cunt of a bitch Amazon customer right now who has opened a A-Z claim over her package not moving. She's particularly fond of insults and threats. Gotta love people!

21. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have an inbound package (lathe chuck) that shipped from Florida almost 2 weeks ago, according to tracking it should have been here last wednesday, last scan is when it went on a truck in Tampa. I realize the truck may have been delayed last week by weather, but expected it to be moving again this week.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some may be following the congressional questioning of USPS head Deljoy.....he says he s trying .....another interesting snippet ,he can only be fired by the board of governors ,and Trump also stacked the board with Trumpistas.....so Biden needs to "restack" the board first ,then the head Trumpite can be removed.....Trumpite ...or should that be Trumpet?

24. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's almost as if there's something that happened this past year that made for a very big increase in the amount of packages being sent by mail that people used to otherwise pick up at the local store, while paying people more to stay home than go to work. I wonder what it was.

26. Likes Ox, 72bwhite, Dualkit, jmp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    It's almost as if there's something that happened this past year that made for a very big increase in the amount of packages being sent by mail that people used to otherwise pick up at the local store, while paying people more to stay home than go to work. I wonder what it was.

Almost seems like it has been hard for bigger employers to keep people AT work this last year doo to having blocks of people off for Q-tine as well.

Put those 2 together, and I'd say they have done very well.
    Not that any of us are telling them that, nor happy aboot the status, but the reality is ...

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

28. Likes SND, jmp liked this post