O.T. US.P.S. Is Failing to function. - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Surely Biden could have fixed the US post office by now with one of his 100+ Executive Orders... Couldn't squeeze that in the last 1.9Trillions eh? well maybe the next 3T will do it...

They didn't seem to have any problems delivering mail at 4am back in November.

Surely unscrewing 4 years of abject stupidity will take more than 80 days. IF trumps incompetent would quit as Postmaster then at least you could blame it all on Biden. But he wants to continue making amess of it to build traitortrumps legacy

2. Likes woodchuckNJ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been using pirateship of late and it has some neat features, like figuring out the address from just the street

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been a snow bird for many years and do the change of address from Michigan to Arizona for the winter and it usually takes 2 or 3 days for my first class mail to make the trip once the forwarding sticker goes on it.
    Just recently I was expecting a couple of rent checks from solid tenants that are never late and it took two weeks to make it, which I thought was just crazy. That was a couple of weeks ago. One of them usually comes to me in Michingan on about the 25th of the month and makes it to Arizona before the first of the month. Today is the 17th and still no check. The earliest that it can make it is the 19th being that tomorrow is a Sunday.

I'm a Biden supporter and don't keep that a secret but I'm a little saddened that he hasn't done something about that clown that trump put in to run the postal service out of business so that we can all be under the thumb of corporate America for mail delivery. Maybe it's time to send a couple of emails to my representatives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really have no clue where y'all git off thinking that it aint run right?

Have you ever ran a big business that all of a sudden took on 40% more volume than expected, and you WERE expecting volumes to increase even at that?

And then doo it during a time when you kan't git help, not even temps - b/c your business partner is incentivising them to stay home?

I understand being frustrated with the service, but I don't understand how anyone who has ever ran a business can point any fingers - other than to say that it is amazing that they are dooing as well as they are.

???

But then B - you never really ran a business to speak of?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

6. Likes Steven-Canada, dkmc, digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I've been a snow bird for many years and do the change of address from Michigan to Arizona for the winter and it usually takes 2 or 3 days for my first class mail to make the trip once the forwarding sticker goes on it.
    Just recently I was expecting a couple of rent checks from solid tenants that are never late and it took two weeks to make it, which I thought was just crazy. That was a couple of weeks ago. One of them usually comes to me in Michingan on about the 25th of the month and makes it to Arizona before the first of the month. Today is the 17th and still no check. The earliest that it can make it is the 19th being that tomorrow is a Sunday.

I'm a Biden supporter and don't keep that a secret but I'm a little saddened that he hasn't done something about that clown that trump put in to run the postal service out of business so that we can all be under the thumb of corporate America for mail delivery. Maybe it's time to send a couple of emails to my representatives.
    Biden can't get rid of him, he would like to, and so would I. I was waiting for multiple orders,

One was stuck in Reading PA and the tracking said it would be delayed for quite a while... well it was, it spent 2 weeks there.
    The best, is I just got a letter mailed out in December 30, 2020 today. Nothing like a little late.

I would love to stick a shotgun up DeJoy's smug ass and pull that trigger, but I don't think it would help, as his brains cannot be found anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I really have no clue where y'all git off thinking that it aint run right?

Have you ever ran a big business that all of a sudden took on 40% more volume than expected, and you WERE expecting volumes to increase even at that?

And then doo it during a time when you kan't git help, not even temps - b/c your business partner is incentivising them to stay home?

I understand being frustrated with the service, but I don't understand how anyone who has ever ran a business can point any fingers - other than to say that it is amazing that they are dooing as well as they are.

???

But then B - you never really ran a business to speak of?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    I've been a landlord for over three decades and have multiple homes that I rent but that may not qualify as running a business to some people. I also have an LLC for my machine shop and have done as much as $23,500 in a single month but I've never had any employees. Also used to plow snow in the winter commercially many years ago but decided my sleep was more important than the money it was bringing in. Hard to plow snow all night then go and build machinery.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    I would love to stick a shotgun up DeJoy's smug ass and pull that trigger, but I don't think it would help, as his brains cannot be found anywhere.
    That was always Ali's trouble with Frazhuh, and a little bit with Lyle. If you're a headhunter but the other guy has nothing up there, it can be a problem

(I do like Frazhuh as a person, he was a really nice guy, but not the sharpest tack in the box. And the Human Crab style, jeeze, gimme a break.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I've been a landlord for over three decades and have multiple homes that I rent but that may not qualify as running a business to some people. I also have an LLC for my machine shop and have done as much as $23,500 in a single month but I've never had any employees. Also used to plow snow in the winter commercially many years ago but decided my sleep was more important than the money it was bringing in. Hard to plow snow all night then go and build machinery.

So, in short, nothing quite to the scale of >600,000 employees then?
    And then trying to take on an extra 40% volume?

If Lee Iaccoca said that it was ran poorly, and that he could doo better, I might accept that.
    Short of that?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

11. Likes dkmc, digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    So, in short, nothing quite to the scale of >600,000 employees then?
    And then trying to take on an extra 40% volume?

If Lee Iaccoca said that it was ran poorly, and that he could doo better, I might accept that.
    Short of that?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    So then you seem to support NO JOY...
    Thinking he did a great job??? WTF.. the man dismantled all the machines, not just shut them. Its not a problem of all packages, its still a letter problem too.
    As far as more packages, that fly's in the face of what my local post master says. She says it's not more busy, just slower mail. She blames the boob at the top.

It also fly's in the face of what a friend who used to work at the Kearny NJ dist sight told me, he still talks to guys he used to work with... The BS we are getting from the top is BS.. They do have people out, but it's much more a case of De Joy being a total prick and screwing the service into the ground.

Guest Guest

I had about a month good stretch with USPS until a recent inbound package of customer mating parts. 5 straight days of "it's on it's way but arriving late" message and no movement. It vanished between the customer's post office and the hub that is probably 40 miles away.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    I have been using pirateship of late and it has some neat features, like figuring out the address from just the street
    I use pirateship as well. I've not had a problem with USPS as of yet. Most of my stuff I ship gets there in 2-3 days since I almost always get the 1-3 day option since my boxes/weights are normally 1lb or less. And it's cheap!

screenshot-2021-04-22-112022.jpg

Guest Guest

When it rains it pours! Back to back bad incidents with USPS, this time an outbound.open-box.jpg

This is what my customer got when he opened the severely damaged box. I ship items with the box in a box method often using small flat rates inside medium boxes and try to keep them 35# or under. There were 138 parts in that box 46 each in 3 small flat rates with the gaps filled with heavy cardboard tube sections to where nothing moves inside when you shake the box. They lost 64 parts and put 74 back, loose with no packing. How can a person be so incompetent? Where do they get these people?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    ... How can a person be so incompetent? Where do they get these people?
    I wonder the same. I would be willing to pay double rate if care and speed would be assured. (Fat chance of that ever happening!)