Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was once involved in a franchise idea ,that made a few people money ,but most lost ,some a lot ......But,there are some areas where the most flaky franchise will find interested investors ,and other areas ,as my partners found out ,where your time is just wasted .I came into the whole scheme on the ground floor as it was ,because the guys who dreamed it up needed a bit of industrial space ,but had zero money....so I supplied an empty shed ,and as it turned ,enough engineering experience to make the deal look kosher.......But ,the deal was ,I was the banker ,which suited ,because both the guys were undischarged bankrupts.....Not for cons ,just for personal debt via collection agencies......And I might add,I knew a good deal about cons ,because my old man had been taken for a lot by a clever con..He trusted people ,a mistake I have never made .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you aren't busy enough and want something else to do with your time expand your existing business. You already have the infrastructure, experience, and capital.

The person you need to manage your new business is as rare as a unicorn. They are out there, but they are all scratching their own itch about owning a business. You can find someone who wants to take the plunge, but you will just be using your dollars to educate them so they can move to their own business with a little experience under their belt.

3. Likes jamscal, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The secret with a manager is to find a smart ,savvy ,people manipulator,technically proficient individual who wont steal all your money and run you into bankruptcy......The guy who owns the Mc Donalds/Service station/ shopping centre next door to me could tell you all about it.......His long time manager stole $7 million by second mortgaging his properties,something multiple annual independant audits didnt pick up .....Fortunately ,he was rich enough to weather the storm.