What's new
What's new

OT? In another life I put live tools in a Mori sl1

kustomizer

Diamond
I needed to drill and tap 1/4 - 20 in a bunch of tubes, I made an air brake and air powered tools to do it, It worked well and we made a bunch of parts. Anyhow I have the live tools, no Mori and the job is long gone. If you would pay thei shipping you can have them otherwise the dumpster wins again. The brake left with the machine somehow but the live tools here.

I have an SL2 and make a part with one drilled and tapped cross hole (second op on mill). I'm game if I can make use of them and Gregoryd passes.

Well, we have 2 takers lets stop the post, I will be back where they are in a couple three weeks, pm me and I will send them to the first interested. I wish I had pics but they mount in the turret, you need to put an air couplet near the coolant one and away they go, honestly they made thousands of parts and did it well. one with an air drill, the other with a tapmatic tapping head.

OFFER CLOSED. SORRY one of the two above will get them.

I misspoke above, I was changing the backs from steel to aluminum as the steel was way way overkill and heavy

I took a female quick connector and faced it off until the collar came off then almost past the balls, I then machined an aluminum block to hold it piggybacked to the coolant block.
When the turret indexes to one of these tools it connects the air and coolant in much the same way at the same time.
I used a coil hose and a couple zip ties to get the supply line out the chip hole

Did I explain that OK?

Back