What's new
What's new

OT- Perks of working at home

DavidScott

Diamond
The last great brewery in the region, all the others filter the souls out of their beer, ewww ZOMBIE BEER!!! If you get a chance try it, it is glass lickin good! Quite delicious as a Tuesday lunch, shit I can't spell or typ0e anymore

stepdads.jpgstepdads1.jpg

I usually try and refrain until the help goes home. (I don't share well! LOL)
Sometimes on Friday's the help helps me break in to a 12'er. :cheers:

First shop I worked at, guy was notorious for showing up on friday needing work done, on friday. If he showed up in the morning, he knew he had better have a box of blueberry fritters. If it was past lunch, he knew he had better have at least a 6pk.

Last shop I worked at, cleaning up and shutting down for the day.

Boss strolls in and hands me a print and some BS line about needing it ASAP. I said no problem, will get it started first thing tomorrow morning. I could tell by the way he was hemming and hawing he wanted it done, now.

I said as much and he said he would really like it done by tonight.

No problem I said, by the time you get back with a pizza and a 6pk, I'll have the material cut and the part programmed.

Uhhhhhhh ....... he just stared blankly at me.

I like supreme I said, and turned around and walked away.

By the time he got back with the pizza and beer the machine was already making chips. By the time I finished half the pizza and a few beers he had a shiny new "billet" dirt track part.

Yay....:rolleyes5:

If I ever have employee's, I won't forget how to motivate, and thank them.

We keep the office fridge stocked with good German Heffs but OFF limits till the machine powers down.

IMG_0358.jpg

Attachments

• Photos Library.photoslibrary.zip
    158 bytes · Views: 24
Come on fella's, I'm trying to eat here!
CoffeSpit.gif

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Koehler beer was made In Erie, Pa.

I toured it as a leetle kid.

I noticed the forklift drivers having equipped their forklifts with "marine cup holders" the ones that swivel.

I found out that being an old German company, anyone could drink as much as they wanted thru out the day.

Get drunk and your fired on the spot.

The tier 1 shop I worked at had a zero tolerance policy. More than a couple folks were fired in the time I was there.

A friend of mine went to the Fatherland and worked at our parent facility there for a few months. They had beer, several kinds, in the vending machines. They had a similar policy apparently. You could drink as much as you wanted. Too much, and you were fired. He said everyone there was extremely responsible and took every precaution. Like when operating a heavy crane moving a 4000 lb die set, the die makers would set down their beer, so that in an emergency, no beer was spilled.

If I was making the fixtures or programing then that would be different. Loading parts into fixtures, setting fixtures in place, etc for hours, a beer does ease the monotony some. And damn do the rare few taste good! A nice warm stout does endure being bottled well. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :smoking::drink:

If I was making the fixtures or programing then that would be different. Loading parts into fixtures, setting fixtures in place, etc for hours, a beer does ease the monotony some. And damn do the rare few taste good! A nice warm stout does endure being bottled well. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :smoking::drink:

I call that stuff monkey drills, because a trained monkey can do it. Listening to sports talk or any type game passes the time best for me. That was great till ESPN dumped their local affiliate or local enough to reach Beaverdam Va. Most all radio stations in my neck of the woods broadcast a weak signal. The closest station that broadcasts the Jim Rome Show has a broadcast radius of about 20 miles and I am 50 miles away.

They all had a beer in their hand. That explained everything. If he did your work in the morning it'd be good, forget it after lunch. Too bad, the guy was a treasure.

For us it was the opposite. Work was good as long as he hadn't picked the two times a year he decided he had a problem.

It was when he stopped drinking that your work sucked.

Koehler beer was made In Erie, Pa.

Growing up, my Grandparents lived down off Melhorn Rd. & Rt.5 just west of Rt. 98 in Fairview.
There was a yellow barn on the corner with a big Koehler mural painted on the side (just like the Mail Pouch barns).
The barn was still there in '99 when I left. You could still make out Koehler, but barely.
They tore it down sometime around 2010.

EDIT: well I'll be dipped! Musta been more prominent than I thought! Lots about it on the google machine.

DSC_1899.jpg

And, it looks like it was 2012 when it went down.

Back