What's new
What's new

OT: Where is this forum going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj newbould

Diamond
I guess you all know my opinion of discussing politics, religion, and name calling here in the management forum, so it's no surprise to you to find out how disappointed I am seeing the way things are going.

I'm just about to the point of not coming in here any more. Sad to say, it seems like too much of a waste of time and attention.

When many put Ox's name forward to take the moderator spot, I doubt they realized how busy the man is outside of the internet world, you know.. the real having to run a shop and feed a bunch of machines world. Although I'm in no way complaining about how it is. I know I wouldn't want to be bothered to sort it out.

Maybe Gary E has a bit of time to take it over. :D

Why don't you tards quit taking yourselves so seriously? Like it fuckin matters if there are stupid political threads with name calling. Who fuckin cares ? Don't read it. You came to a machinist forum to have a serious talk about politics? Give me a fuckin break. Oh boy, sure am sorry I ruined that thread about an Obama quote! There was a lot of pepole on there solving big problems! SO IMPORTANT! We need to keep this forum very serious so serious people can come on here and feel more serious.

I guess you all know my opinion of discussing politics, religion, and name calling here in the management forum, so it's no surprise to you to find out how disappointed I am seeing the way things are going.

I'm just about to the point of not coming in here any more. Sad to say, it seems like too much of a waste of time and attention.

RJ,

Since you left the moderating post ....it has been a free for all !!!

RJ,

I am guessing this thread is directly related to the "You didn't build that" thread. I want to appologise to you and everyone else for getting carried away in my post. I understand your rules and ideals. That thread just struck a nerve.

As I understand it, this site was created as a way for everyone to share ideas and help each other out of problems. Politics and religion are not related, and should not be discussed. We all have different veiws on both subjects. Name calling is just down right wrong. If you don't like someone, just don't read their posts. I am sure there are plenty of guys here that do that with my posts.

The way I veiw this site, is like a tavern. People come in to have a good time, brag, make friends. Politics, religion, and name calling are not allowed in a tavern. These subjects will always start a fight, and usually result in the cops carting you off. If you don't like someone, sit at the far end of the bar.

Again, I want to appologize for getting carried away. I hope others will read this thread and learn not to discuss these topics.

Josh

Forum doors swing both ways. You cant pick an attitude for a forum the best you can do is moderate the BS. Cramudegeonism must be out in full force to stop posters. Grab your prune juice and quit yer belly hammering men lets get those whipper snappers.

Why don't you tards quit taking yourselves so seriously? Like it fuckin matters if there are stupid political threads with name calling. Who fuckin cares ? Don't read it. You came to a machinist forum to have a serious talk about politics? Give me a fuckin break. Oh boy, sure am sorry I ruined that thread about an Obama quote! There was a lot of pepole on there solving big problems! SO IMPORTANT! We need to keep this forum very serious so serious people can come on here and feel more serious.

This man although fast behind the wheel and probly high on coffee does have a point. Its ground to a tip yet blunt

I love to debate politics, I don take what others say personally. We all only get one vote and I doubt with our current system it is even counted. I have thick skin plus I think it is better to call each other shit heads on the internet than to shoot one another. No one gets hurt and it is entertaining. Besides I dont think most people actually read the crap I write, hell I cant understand half of what I write, I am dislexic cant even fuckin spell it write.

I love to debate politics, I don take what others say personally. We all only get one vote and I doubt with our current system it is even counted. I have thick skin plus I think it is better to call each other shit heads on the internet than to shoot one another. No one gets hurt and it is entertaining. Besides I dont think most people actually read the crap I write, hell I cant understand half of what I write, I am dislexic cant even fuckin spell it write.

I have no problem debating politics, religion, or anything else. I just think that there is a time and place for that. Don's purpose for Practical Machinist was never intended to be a venue for those debates, especially in the shop management area.

IMHO, it's disrespectful to Don to abuse his intended purpose. He depends on advertisers to support the cost of the forum, and I doubt that the advertisers like this forum being a free-for-all. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have no problem debating politics, religion, or anything else. I just think that there is a time and place for that. Don's purpose for Practical Machinist was never intended to be a venue for those debates, especially in the shop management area.

IMHO, it's disrespectful to Don to abuse his intended purpose. He depends on advertisers to support the cost of the forum, and I doubt that the advertisers like this forum being a free-for-all. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not trying to be a wise-guy here(For once). Do you think the advertisers care about the content of one forum among many? I would think what they care about is reaching a target audience...Machinists/buyers of their products. Whether the forum members are dems/libs/rebs doesn't matter to a business man. Everyones money is green.

They most likely advertise here on the strength that this is the biggest professional machinist forum on the net, not the political beliefs of its members.

"...especially in the shop management area."

Thank you. That's the crux of it, right there.

This website is essentially "posting at will", correct?

The owner is under no obligation to tolerate any thread or any post, right?

Unless the forum moderator is obligated to tolerate the hyper agitated Internet Bully stuff, just give it 24 hours, then delete the thread.

If someone wants to start it up again, like a bad weed, give it 24 hours, then chop it down, again. Or edit it to "Yada, Yada, Yada", or perhaps "This thread has been deleted after archiving. Law enforcement, lawyers, and HR personnel may request a copy of the thread. Fees will apply".

There is only so many times any person, even a crank, will be willing to re-type some screed against some imagined wrong.

I haven't had 5 minutes sideways in months.

I have only been able to check in quick in the evenings for a while.

If something gets crazy, I may not see it for some time with the current werkload.

Feel free to take back the reigns that you so obviously have time to hold.

--------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

If some of you guys are actually serious about talking politics, why don't you go do it on a politics forum? There's a whole bunch you could join. Guys like me get banned, so you don't have to worry about trolling or extreme political ranting. Talk politics there, talk machining here. It's a win win.

Reminder.
To stop trolls, don't respond. That's how you stop trolling. If you don't respond, we have nothing. I practically invented internet trolling, so trust me on this one.

If some of you guys are actually serious about talking politics, why don't you go do it on a politics forum? There's a whole bunch you could join. Guys like me get banned, so you don't have to worry about trolling or extreme political ranting. Talk politics there, talk machining here. It's a win win.

Reminder.
To stop trolls, don't respond. That's how you stop trolling. If you don't respond, we have nothing. I practically invented internet trolling, so trust me on this one.

I had edited that into my post above a while ago, but it has yet to "take", and now I see that you mentioned it, so I will just agree with you.

(trying to post THIS reply for a SECOND time now aggin as "7" still doesn't agree with this site!)

I doo so wish that any "board" mod could ban any certain individual from their board.
In this case - I kant think of one post from John that was "machining" related.
I have no clue what good he has ever done on this site at all?
And his topic of choice is always politically related in some way. Seems maybe HE should go join a political site.

---------------------

I am Ox and it agravates me that individuals like this are tollerated!
(But you clowns need to quit feeding the trolls, and instead - keep and arm bears!)
It must be that "politically correct" BS that I never signed onto?

(let's see if the site will let me post this reply. This is aggrevating too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back