What's new
What's new

Planning/Scheduling Software for an internal prototype shop

TKassoc

Hot Rolled
No idea if this exists out in the wild. I'm looking for a software package to schedule jobs for multiple processes (3D printing, laser cutting, machining, specialized test equipment, etc) and priorities in a prototype shop internal to our company.

So I don't care about a quoting package, inventory control or integrated shipping stuff. Ideally it would include the ability to have an outward facing order input so the requester can upload their solid model or drawing with the request not just dumped onto a general shared folder. Any ideas where to look?

No idea if this exists out in the wild. I'm looking for a software package to schedule jobs for multiple processes (3D printing, laser cutting, machining, specialized test equipment, etc) and priorities in a prototype shop internal to our company.

So I don't care about a quoting package, inventory control or integrated shipping stuff. Ideally it would include the ability to have an outward facing order input so the requester can upload their solid model or drawing with the request not just dumped onto a general shared folder. Any ideas where to look?

We at Makezee, (https://www.Makezee.com) are currently working on a backend, similar to what you are describing. Can you send me an email with more details of what you are looking for? Makezee.com is completely public facing, but we are working on an internal version as well.

The jobs and uploaded file submissions go into a nice searchable database, so it is leaps and bounds better than getting dumped into a folder. The only thing I'm not certain about is to what lengths you need the scheduling to go.

I wouldn't mind your input on what you need, and maybe it is something we can just add in for you.

[email protected]

-Adam

Back