Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    Does anyone have a cure?
    Bill
    You have reached the end of life mode that HP builds into every printer. The only known cure is a sledge hammer.
    I know some guys that have used this solution successfully after enduring the frustration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dkmc View Post
    You have reached the end of life mode that HP builds into every printer. The only known cure is a sledge hammer.
    I know some guys that have used this solution successfully after enduring the frustration.
    .357 Magnum works for me, I can shoot right off my back porch here. I have two bad shoulders and a bad back so a sledgehammer is a bad idea.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone ever watch Office Space??

They fixed a printer the right way......

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    I have had three HP printers and all had the same problem from time to time. This time, it had a paper jam and when I cleared it, it went into a mode where it prints one line of symbols and ejects the page, repeating on the next one. Usually leaving it off for a while cures but this time I left it overnight with no result. Does anyone have a cure?

Bill
    Three, here:

Lexmark laser (one of three, 2 homes). Brother MFC laser. Epson WorkForce MFC dried-out-ink jet, used only as colour/mono scanner with ADF, twin to it upstairs.

One of each within arm's length as I keyboard, the Lexmark basic laser past puberty, it's oldest sibling voting age.

B'In Law was a seniour HP Exec, now retired. Usta offer us HP faxes, combos, printers near-as-dammit free.

Experience with them was sooo very bad, I eventually had to run him off with threats of dire consequences. Damn shame. Their OLD lasers - Canon re-badge at first, then their own - just would not die.

They had devolved to so flimsy yah lifted one front corner, the silly thing just flexed, leaving all other little feet still on the desk.

Brother laser MFC auto doc feed, 2-sided, and colour if yah need that, might be your best value for money, present day? My one talks with MY workstation over fast Ethernet on Copper, wife and family over WiFi, fax line no longer in use.

There are reviews. Some of them are not even paid to lie.

I also liked Xerox, Kyocera, and Ricoh Afcio. But those were larger!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

was going on Amazon looking at new copier when I got mine working today.
    Test printer 5-9-2020

Does anyone have a cure? a good swig of Iodine and you never worry about printers any more.

I have a big Brother but keep it in the basement and bring it up to run a fax fax..it is only black..yes, I shuld hook it up to the basement phone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Does anyone have a cure? a good swig of Iodine and you never worry about printers any more.
    I didn't have to "worry" about printers until Carlye Fiorina suicided HP off rock-solid printers into the tinsel and plastic bizness. Long time ago.

Started using Minolta, then Ricoh for the big stuff, Brother for the HP replacements. Lexmark Optra, (the old IBM electric typewriter division), now use Brother for my own use.

Legal work, I've gone through five by 500 sheet reams of paper in a single morning. Laser, of course.

Modern Epson Inkjets do right NICE colours, but also dry-out from sitting a year idle, break the bank on ink in a heavy day. Or both.

I shudda kept the Nicolet pen-plotter, actually.

Colour laser output is not as lovely, BUT.. the consumables last long enough yah can actually USE them.

Most folk, emailing or carrying a USB or chip/card over to the local FedEx / UPS / "copying store" when yah cannot AVOID need of colour is not a bad deal. THEIR problem to have good equipment and ink or toner. They have "the work" for it, and averaged all-year, not just the odd "project".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brother here also bad sumbitch only black uses toner cartridges fast and super simple to use wireless even from phone
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    would that be your brother's brother?
    +1 on the brothers.

Yes, it was my brother's Brother from another mother.