What's new
What's new

Putting a machine in my garage

Phoenix Eng

Plastic
I'm looking to buy a mill and lathe to put in my garage to start doing some side work. Can I put a Haas mini mill and small lathe in my garage? I'm not sure on the machine requirements or available power. I'm in a residential neighborhood in So Cal. I am planning on contacting Haas, but thought I might try here first. This is my first post, and my first try at starting up my own thing. So any help or advice would be appreciated.

Are you looking at buying new our used machines? Think "hobby shop", not a "part time side business", as you will do better when dealing with your neighbors ( i.e. low key) and the city. Most houses have 200 amps service nowadays which is plenty for a home shop.

Three phase at home is not available. So, look up phase generators here on PM or buy single phase machines (an option at purchase that I'm not fond of).

Steve

You can do it I ran lots of machines in my house, it was good until I out grew the garage. Then you will get more machines and either a bigger house or a shop.

Back