Question on salaried employment - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkinhead View Post
    Your profile says you're in Georgia and a quick google search says that's an at-will state. Unless you have a contract they can fire you at the end of the day or you can quit at the end of the day. Loyalty has nothing to do with it.

You seem to feel an employer owes you a perpetual paycheck because you worked a few weekends. Good luck with that.
    How do you know how many weekends he worked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    How do you know how many weekends he worked?
    Does it matter?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkinhead View Post
    Does it matter?
    Ya, I think it does matter. If he worked a couple weekends (sat morning) maybe he is being a whiny ass, but if he has worked the last 20 weekends, that is different. Who knows, two sides to everything...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't have any bearing on the OP's question, but my opinion on this whole situation is that it is a 'fight'... a conflict of paradigm, which, according to Sun Tzu, must be fought WITH a paradigm.

First- conflicts can NEVER be resolved with 'blame'... and even IF we could, it would be pointless to attempt to pin the blame on a biologic infectious agent that is not technically 'alive'. It is also difficult for us to apprehend, even if it WERE on some sort of 'government watch-list'.

It has to be fought on IT'S terms, not ours. We must treat it with the philosophy of war, we must adapt to it, AND, we must adapt to the side-effects of it's attack... and then we must regroup and keep moving forward.

I do NOT care to invoke political dissertation on this, but as a combatant, it is very clear to me that the immediate short-term solution of rapid shutdown and isolation was absolutely necessary given the fact that this bioligic has a very long, and very contagious incubation period with little or often NO symptoms to those infected, and the fact that it's extremely effective in overcoming those in an immune-deficiency circumstance.

The ECONOMIC side of this war (and it IS a 'war')... is that we've had to throw a wrench right in the gearbox.

The problem is, with no money flowing INTO the hands of those directly impacted, they're still faced with OUTFLOW... they have mortgages, rent, and debt demanding interest.

My preference of solutions would be to have placed a nationwide 90-day suspension of all rent, mortgage, and interest...

Simply because there's millions of us waiting this crap out, and we have just enough to cover basic necessities IF we didn't have those other scheduled payments due.

In a nutshell, it would mean that not only is ONE half of our economy on 'time out', the OTHER half would be as-well... basically, the only thing NOT on a 'time out'... is the basic necessary infrastructure.

At this point, arguing over circumstances which are out of ANYONE's control, is moot. We just have to ride it out, and pray, and work together. Right now, my 80-year old mother has converted her quilting room into a manufacturing center for medical masks. She has teamed up with 12 other neighbors, they ship components, in stages, via plastic bags hanging on doorknobs, and deliver 200 a DAY to our local hospitals.

People look at this situation as some sort of end. It is MY conviction that this sequestration, in a macro sense, come to an end, and we will all return to action in a 'new' normal. We will suffer a little bit of loss along the way, we will adapt, and it will become a lesson of very personal tuition such that a repeat circumstance within our lifetimes will NOT leave us floundering for internal compass.

History taught us lessons in the past. Those that fell asleep in class will need to brush up... and we will all get through this. Unfortunately, Congress has decided it best to take out a loan from the future of our children, rather than act on solutions that exist right now, and none of us can solve that... best we can do, is be kind, be careful, and help our neighbors. There is only one fight in this war, and it is against something extremely small, and techically, not alive. Let's overcome and destroy it, and get back to the life we had.