What's new
What's new

Winter uniforms

jscpm

Titanium
One of the problem areas I have is devising a good winter uniform for carpenters that work for me. Because they go outside sometimes, they need warm winter uniforms. However, I don't want them wearing a long-sleeve uniform due to the machine entanglement danger.

What some of them do is wear a long sleeve kitted shirt under the short sleeve summer uniform. The advantage of this is that the sleeve can be rolled up easily. However, it looks kind of ghetto and unprofessional.

Anybody have suggestions for a professional looking winter uniform that is not going to be an entanglement risk?

So they're normally working inside, where they operate machines with entanglement risks. They sometimes have to go outside and need something warm.

Why not just have short sleeve shirts and wear a jacket when you go outside?

I wouldn't view pushed-up sleeves as an acceptable safety route; they slide down too easily. Rolled up would work, but that's a hassle.

One of the problem areas I have is devising a good winter uniform for carpenters that work for me. Because they go outside sometimes, they need warm winter uniforms. However, I don't want them wearing a long-sleeve uniform due to the machine entanglement danger.

What some of them do is wear a long sleeve kitted shirt under the short sleeve summer uniform. The advantage of this is that the sleeve can be rolled up easily. However, it looks kind of ghetto and unprofessional.

Anybody have suggestions for a professional looking winter uniform that is not going to be an entanglement risk?

Carpenters wear layers of clothes when outside in the winter. New England weather, and they could be in the sun or shade. Carpenters have little in the way of machinery to get caught up in, if any at all.

I would have them wear their normal safe uniform when they're working with machinery and when they go outside have them wear coats and whatever's warm for them.

I would try and change their order of operations so they're not constantly going back and forth from outside to working with machinery inside to cut down on constantly changing in and out of their outside attire. Not sure what they're doing exactly but maybe have them complete what they need to get done in the shop before going outside to do outside work.

Back