What's new
What's new

RESELL CNC ripoff

landm1

Cast Iron
Hello,

Buying a used machine from RESELL CNC, got the inspection complete, asking RESELL to send over an itemized invoice so we could close, instead, on the next business day the sales rep from RESELL CNC sent us an e-mail that claimed they sold the machine for a cash sale with no inspection contingency, they did not need one, for some unexplained reason the clowns at Premier Engineering gave RESELL CNC ours, thanks guys!

Again, our last communication was asking RESELL CNC to provided us with an itemized invoice so we could close and one business day later, when I brought the issue of our signed and accepted purchase order not being honored, here is the response from RESELL CNC management, she sent over reviewed emails between the sales rep and us, she omitted the last one which the sales rep agreed to provide us with an itemized invoice so we could close:

I reviewed the emails from xxxx regarding this xxx (see below). xxxx made two written attempts to express the need for a decision due to a backup buyer. He asked for a commitment by the end of the day on Thursday the 19th and then again on Friday the 20th.

I apologize for the confusion but we did move forward with another customer’s offer and the machine is no longer available.

Unfortunately, we only had one to xxxx our customers and could not hold the machine without a formal commitment. We do not consider a purchase order as a form of formal commitment.

------------

Not really sure what RESELL CNCs interpretation of "formal commitment" is, at least out here in the west a signed purchase order and agreed upon price is a binding contract, they did not ask for a deposit at any time.
Any comments as to what our next action should be would be greatly appreciated, I am sure we are not the first ones that RESELL CNC walked away from a binding contract due to a better offer from a competitor, perhaps an insider.
As far as Premier Engineering goes, "Thanks Tim" yes, you and Premier Engineering really suck! Pretty sure Premier Engineering was in on it, they sent us a video that proved a high-end Japanese 5 axis machine could drill holes, they did a legit inspection for us last year, this one was probably made to make us walk or their competency has cratered!

Last edited:
Hello,

Buying a used machine from RESELL CNC, got the inspection complete, asking RESELL to send over an itemized invoice so we could close, instead, on the next business day the sales rep from RESELL CNC sent us an e-mail that claimed they sold the machine for a cash sale with no inspection contingency, they did not need one, for some unexplained reason the clowns at Premier Engineering gave RESELL CNC ours, thanks guys!

Again, our last communication was asking RESELL CNC to provided us with an itemized invoice so we could close and one business day later, when I brought the issue of our signed and accepted purchase order not being honored, here is the response from RESELL CNC management, she sent over reviewed emails between the sales rep and us, she omitted the last one which the sales rep agreed to provide us with an itemized invoice so we could close:

I reviewed the emails from xxxx regarding this xxx (see below). xxxx made two written attempts to express the need for a decision due to a backup buyer. He asked for a commitment by the end of the day on Thursday the 19th and then again on Friday the 20th.

I apologize for the confusion but we did move forward with another customer’s offer and the machine is no longer available.

Unfortunately, we only had one to xxxx our customers and could not hold the machine without a formal commitment. We do not consider a purchase order as a form of formal commitment.

------------

Not really sure what RESELL CNCs interpretation of "formal commitment" is, at least out here in the west a signed purchase order and agreed upon price is a binding contract, they did not ask for a deposit at any time.

Any comments as to what our next action should be would be greatly appreciated, I am sure we are not the first ones that RESELL CNC walked away from a binding contract due to a better offer from a competitor, perhaps an insider.
As far as Premier Engineering goes, "Thanks Tim" yes, you and Premier Engineering really suck! Pretty sure Premier Engineering was in on it, they sent us a video that proved a high-end Japanese 5 axis machine could drill holes, they did a legit inspection for us last year, this one was probably made to make us walk or their competency has cratered!

Let it go.

Life's too short, there's something probably in the fine print that let's them off the hook, somebody else has the machine etc etc.

If you went to an attorney, the first thing their going to ask you is "What are your damages?" Which would be hard to quantify, and would only be very speculative anyway.

Lastly, do you have deep enough pockets to persue this thru the courts and inevitably loose? I would suspect that RESELL has an attorney on the payroll, I assume you don't.

The best you can do is post on sites like PM.

----------------------------------

I've have never bought a machine from RESELL, but I've bought plenty of tooling at their auctions and it's always been a smooth transaction. I'd use them again.

^ He's right that all you can sue for is damages, and you're going to have a hard time making that stick.

I can appreciate your feelings but between a purchase order (piece of paper, promise to pay, have to go to court to collect, bye-bye profit) and cash, well ....

We've had similar situations a couple of times, what you learn is, until money changes hands it's all talk. If you had made a deposit, you'd have a leg to stand on. Court would still cost more than you'd get but at least you wouldn't look silly arguing about it.

Experience is what you get when things all turn to shit :(

RESELL CNC purchased the machine and now ownes it after they accepted our offer so there is no seller other than RESELL CNC. All this "stink" is comming from one place at this point, Tim over at Primere Engineering is not answering the phone and RESELL told me Tim claimed to have left town prior to the questionable inspection, they never gave us a quote or an invoice, they just said they would do it
We are still demanding RESELL CNC render an itemized invoice so we can close the deal.

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!

Last edited:
It sounds like your girlfriend dumped you for someone better and your having a hard time moving on.

The machine is now gone. Its time to move on to the next one.

The financial harm is significant,this is not a Haas, the custom foundation is 25" deep! And no, the machine is not "gone", RESELL CNC ownes it, we are not even 24 hours past their moment of greed.

Last edited:
The damages were significant, this is not a Haas, the custom foundation is 25" deep! And no, the machine is not "gone", RESELL CNC ownes it, we are not even 24 hours past their moment of greed.

You already did the foundation without the machine being on site ?
I've done many that way, but the machine purchase was finalized by a very smart group
of purchasing agents.

I am confused, just by Googling Resell CNC appears to be a machine broker, that possesses no machinery on site. If I got the right Premier, they are a machinery dealer. So you bought a machine from a machinery dealer through a broker?
I have always refused to do business with a machinery broker, always avoiding them may take extra time, but well worth it.

Rigging to unload the machine is $6,000, you only want to do that once, no other way to do it. To move it somewhere and store it add $12K to the job.

I am confused, just by Googling Resell CNC appears to be a machine broker, that possesses no machinery on site. If I got the right Premier, they are a machinery dealer. So you bought a machine from a machinery dealer through a broker?
I have always refused to do business with a machinery broker, always avoiding them may take extra time, but well worth it.

Not true, they are wheelers and dealers, all brokers are like that, the good stuff they buy, the junkers they leave at the sellers place.

I bought a machine from resell cnc it was pretty quick and easy but due to some issues I had with another broker that had sold me the machine and I’d put a 20k deposit down then suddenly that broker didn’t own the machine like he did before…

Anyways turns out resell cnc owned it and I just bought it outright immediately since I’d already inspected and purchased it once.

They made a massive profit as I talked to the shop owner who before didn’t want to sell it to me after I had called him to figure out what was going on with the machine because I’d put 20k down then heard nothing…

Yea he really regretted selling to them lol I paid almost double what he sold for and resell cnc never left their office.

You already did the foundation without the machine being on site ?
I've done many that way, but the machine purchase was finalized by a very smart group
of purchasing agents.

Doug,

You nailed it, we thought we were dealing with competent brokers at RESELL CNC, regardless of outcome this thread is a warning. some companies should not be incluided in projects like this, hopefully they will realize their error and do the right thing, send us an itemized invoice to close this deal!

Last edited:
Sounds to me like either a bad deal, or someone in their office made a decision to cut you out to sell it to someone else for a higher price.
Either way, cut your losses, run, and never do business with them again.
I had it happen as well, but not with them.

If you went to an attorney, the first thing their going to ask you is "What are your damages?" Which would be hard to quantify, and would only be very speculative anyway.

This situation would be a breach of contract. There are various types of damages available in breach of contract. They are not always speculative.

Like Yogi Berra said "You could look it up."

Doug,

You nailed it, we thought we were dealing with competent brokers at RESELL CNC, regardless of outcome this thread is a warning. some companies should not be incluided in projects like this, hopefully they will relaize their error and do the right thing, send us an itemized invoice to close this deal!

I'm sure the reaction at RESELL world headquarters now you've gone public is

"Wow we f'd up, let's sell this gentleman his machine, can't let that 24" foundation gather dust!"

Or it could be

"That f'r posted on a forum, he can "suck my d***/kiss my a**/lick my hairy b****!"

This situation would be a breach of contract. There are various types of damages available in breach of contract. They are not always speculative.

Like Yogi Berra said "You could look it up."

How much time and $'s is the OP going to spend to try and prove breach of contract? Sometimes it's better to move on with your life.

Not true, they are wheelers and dealers, all brokers are like that, the good stuff they buy, the junkers they leave at the sellers place.

Where is their warehouse for these machines they buy? The address on their website is in an office complex.

Where is their warehouse for these machines they buy? The address on their website is in an office complex.

Some of the larger machine movers (Walker/Dunkel) here in SoCal also offer storage for machines, I wouldn't be surprised if the machine is at a machine movers warehouse awaiting it's next shop.

Back