What's new
What's new

Retiring-today is my last day

Thanks to everyone. It is humbling to be thanked for helping someone grow in the trade. I always wanted to show people not just the “what to do”, but also the why.
I hope to be able to help people on this forum.
I asked one coworker today if he had a spare 5 minutes so I could teach him everything I know.

I give it less than a month before you pick up a part time job to get away from your wife, and out of the house. Please give any firearms to a friend that lives further than a mile away.

Does a machinist ever actually retire?
One may set out on that path and no longer get paid or under the day to day pressure but.....Once in your blood....
Must be so very good and a big congrats on making it to the free to do as I please.
Hope you will stay around here and give us more than 5 minutes to learn all that stuff you know.
Bob

Congratulations

Do attempt to spend time on the things you want to do

It is so hard to focus on the things that give you personal enjoyment, and now that you have the third of a day back you have the possibility of just 'living'

Many never figure out how to do it

Don't spend 2 days working on the lawnmower, unless you love lawnmowers, then learn everything there is to learn about lawnmowers and have to perfect damn lawnmower

Do you need a lathe and mill in the basement for basic survival, or do you never ever want to touch a crank again in your life? I have seen it go both ways with retired machinists.

I give it less than a month before you pick up a part time job to get away from your wife, and out of the house. Please give any firearms to a friend that lives further than a mile away.

I have 4 daughters, the dog and I were the only males on the hobby farm. I spent a lot of time in my shop.
Firearms...I have a 7.62 AR upper and lower that I am going to combine with a M1A1 gas piston barrel and gas block. Need to work out the folding stock.

43 years on this job. Time to stop getting up a 5 am.

Ummhhhh.. welll. having retired 1994, I guess someone should tell you what you are facing, going FORWARD?

The HARDEST part is you are now going to have to put serious effort into learning how to go f**k yourself.

Seriously.

It is NO lONGER your former employers RESPONSIBILITY to f**k you!

No fear.

We seem to find plenty of volunteer help eager to f**k us up.. plus the odd accident..

Enjoy your new freedom... subject to the above universal caveat, of course!

:D

Back