What's new
What's new

RFQ Connection.....anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I know which banner your talking aboot now as I have since been paying attention. It is the blue banner that says "Idle Equipment" on it I assume?

That is all mine ever says. I assumed it to be a dealer looking to buy surplus machinery. ???

Never clicked it.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I skeered to!

What if then someone gits my name and thinks I gots iron to sell cheap?

No Sir! I aint Mikey!

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm surprised no else has chimed in on this....but then again to be honest with you, I most likely would have never given the banner any thought had you not brought it up. I do see they are from Idaho though, so I guess no affliation with MFGQuote. Anyone take a bite yet? What's the cost?

Best Regards,
Russ

I clicked on it the other day. To be honest, I wasn't, (and still am not) completely sure that it's even a real business, or at the very least, that it has any actual members. There's about 5 clickable pages on the whole site, and no pricing information.

I'll pass.

I just got off the phone with them.
They are going to survey my shop next week, We'll talk more I'm sure. I can tell you that it ain't like MFG Quote.

Sounds interesting PBMW.....tell us what happens. I've been a member of MFGQuote for a year and a half, so I'm a curious to see what transpires. I checked out the site after reading the start of this thread, but it (the site) never seemed to really go anywhere.

Best Regards,
Russ

Last I knew the mag pole was moving west. No?

I did buy another big HMC. It is a twin sister to the one that I already have and came out of the same facility. It's aboot 60k#, but that still sits in Kansas City, and may stay there a while longer?

I think I may be looking at a Swiss tomorrow tho. ...but those don't hold down much concrete. Actually - they are kinda pathetic that way. LOL!

A chumm just brought up the subject of "Heavy Iron" the other day and asked me how many # I have. I think I'm in the 400,000# area - not counting steel bundles and such. LOL!

(Not all is werth a whole lot tho...)

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm not talking aboot it - DK was.

I'm just here to keep him company... sorta just ridin' shotgun if you will....

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox, your iron wieght and mine are similar. I just bought the world oldest citizen off ebay,,, probably making chips with it this week. It cost me as much to tool it up as it did to buy the thing. I just need it for small simple turned parts though.

Many...far too many years ago when I was introduced to Business letters and applying for a job, some things stood out:

Spelling
Complete sentences
Neatness
Proper folding so when opened up it was properly facing the recipient.

This is part of a reply from 'RFQ':

""""RFQ Connection is very old fashioned we audit shops
for companies like Eaton, Siemens, and big Aerospace
organizations like NASA, by doing there pre-audit and
putting there projects inf front of only 1 shop NOT 10 AND
9 ARE IN CHINA... If getting 'REAL", work was as easy as
quoting somewhere online than we wold be living in a
better world but we dont and online quoting is a scam and
it sounds like you got scammed by the International
reverse auction folks.
We actually gurantee you win work with us in wrighting,
and we are the only organization that does so in the USA,
and we work on only domestic projects with dometic shops
No international sourcing OF ANY PROJECTS,. We get paid a
1.5 % comission on net profit only and we have a 1 time
audit charge of $2500.00 as we audit your shop and we have
to fly out and make routine visits, this is a one time and
life time charge no other fees. I am going to send you a
refernce letter please read it and see how we differ, we
are very different and have a ton of real us work.I have
alos attatched a few projects please call the buyers or
quote them if we can help you let us know.""""

I have read and reread the above response several times and (sorry to say it makes no sense to me). My gut feeling is this is a non-American who is not familiar with our sentence structure, grammar, spelling etc.

I suggest do a left curser, copy, paste in a Word document, and then read and see if your conclusion is anywhere near mine.

The attachments inviting me to examine will not be opened.

We do DoD work, we have been audited for all parts except 'fracture critical' and have passed. We have never been late on a delivery and we have never had an escape.

I think we need a MICROSCOPIC examination of 'rfq'. I will gladly pay a percentage of the awarded contract price (not net profit). Most, if not all tier one suppliers, need to be ISO certified, not ISO compliant. That being said, many small shops will fail the first hurdle unless a substantial investment is made.

Let's keep this on the front burner and our money in our pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back