What's new
What's new

Riggers for move - Los Angeles to Dallas

Jason H

Stainless
I am cashing out of California, my building just sold, and I have found a place in Dallas Texas to set up my factory. I am finding most of the riggers that I have used in the past do not do the trucking side. Many of my items are just big and bulky but don't weigh outrageous amounts. I do have two tree mills and 2 Monarch 10EE's that will be coming along with all the factory equipment.

Any recommendations on what to look for in a trucking company? Any specific companies you would recommend? Anyone have riggers in Dallas that they would recommend for the offload?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

I just had a Hwacheon lathe moved from LA to Dallas . I used MEI rigging and crating 972 881-1576. Talk to Stan. They did the offload, very professional, and they kept me calm...:).

Congrats on the move, but remember, the trick is to bring all the things you need, and leave California behind... lest you want to have to move again in a few years...

Congrats on the move, but remember, the trick is to bring all the things you need, and leave California behind... lest you want to have to move again in a few years...

He's moving to Dallas which isn't too much different from where he is currently at. Difference is, at least, being in Texas while he's waiting a hour for the police to show up, he at least can use his own means to defend himself.

Thanks. I have dealt with a ton of cali related challenges for business and personal life. The most recent attempt to double the commercial property tax did it for me. That and when my 3 year old daughter asked why people are sleeping on our front lawn......

For curiosity's sake, how did the building price compare between LA and Dallas?

I am a little bit outside the statistical mean, my building was designated as a marijuana grow zone and I had gone through the two year process of getting solar installed on the building before that happened. I got astronomically high price for the building. The going rate for rental of this place is about 22K a month and the same was about 7-10K a month in dallas.

He's moving to Dallas which isn't too much different from where he is currently at. Difference is, at least, being in Texas while he's waiting a hour for the police to show up, he at least can use his own means to defend himself.

Living in Hollywood, I was working late and the wife thought someone was breaking into the house. ( homeless guy wandering in the back yard ) 45 minute response time. We were at the range getting her lessons the next day.

How about bolting each machine to a heavy duty pallet, crating it and have a good carrier move them. It's pretty much how they move new machines. Truck can arrive at your new local riggers in TX where they off load the crates and bring them to you.

BillWojo

How about bolting each machine to a heavy duty pallet, crating it and have a good carrier move them. It's pretty much how they move new machines. Truck can arrive at your new local riggers in TX where they off load the crates and bring them to you.

BillWojo

A few of my machines are 10 feet wide and 5 feet tall and only has a pedestal at each end. ( flat bed knitting machines ) and one is 7500 pounds with the same set up. ( old school die cutter ) What i have will be about two truck loads. Time is not on my side.....

I've used BP as well... not a big job, cleaning house a bit, sold a saw we replaced and an old honing machine we never used.

Wheeler Machinery is always a good source out here as well. Dan buys and sells but is a great resource to have in the SoCal area. If you need it done, bought or sold.... he's the guy.

Wanted to follow up that BP was great, showed up on time, worked safe yet fast, and were cool guys. Price was super fair as well. I am still in the middle of a serious factory move but when I have time I will post some pics.

They said they are slammed with people getting out of California. talk about a sinking ship. Sorry for anyone that is left.

Wanted to follow up that BP was great, showed up on time, worked safe yet fast, and were cool guys. Price was super fair as well. I am still in the middle of a serious factory move but when I have time I will post some pics.

They said they are slammed with people getting out of California. talk about a sinking ship. Sorry for anyone that is left.

Why doo I think your more of an "Austin" person, rather than "Dallas" ?...:D

Back