Running out of Machinists - Page 26
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 612
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2743
    Likes (Received)
    1174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    So did you learn the lesson about defecating in the room with the comestibles?
    Hahaha, an old old boss used to say, "don't get your meat where you make your bread".

  2. Likes Jashley73, TeachMePlease liked this post
  3. #502
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    9,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1226
    Likes (Received)
    4801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    My first machinist job was on Swiss cam automatics where you graduated from training depending on how fast you progressed. Then you were given 4 machines to set-up and operate and a stock girl to load the machines. The stock girl I was given was my age, 19 and very attractive. All the other guys in the shop with almost 100 machines were pissed that the young guy who had been quickly promoted out of grunt status got the hot looking stock girl on top of that. No need to tell the whole story but within a year and a half she had moved out while cleaning out our apartment, not even leaving me a toothbrush, told everyone who would listen I beat her and tried to run her over with my truck, she also cost me by next job because of lies she told my boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    So did you learn the lesson about defecating in the room with the comestibles?
    No, 5 years later I married a girl from work, that lasted 4 years, at least she didn't clean me out, we had a fairly amicable divorce. I did the whole thing myself for something like $110.

  4. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
  5. #503
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cypress
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Motion,

    I can tell you this... I am basically exactly what you're looking for... although i don't have "10 years" (i have 8).
    I run FeatureCAM, can write my own posts... design in either solid works, inventor OR creo.
    I wouldn't take this job for any less than $35 an hour, and depending on where you are in washington that could go up (with COL).

  6. #504
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    947
    Likes (Received)
    1411

    Default

    I'm still on my starter wife.
    My next wife is going to be rich.

  7. Likes TeachMePlease, Ox, Turbowerks, DrHook liked this post
  8. #505
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    296
    Likes (Received)
    215

    Default

    Skilled machinists are a finite resource . They aren't coming out of the colleges in droves, and they are not being replaced at a rate that will satisfy our industry.Is a skilled machinist worth more than an engineer/manager ? If not now, I believe that will be the case soon.
    I have to compete with everybody else in the area for talent.The shops willing to pay what these guys are worth should be successful.Those that want to hang onto a certain dollar value because " that's what we paid the last guy" will get what they pay for.

  9. Likes otrlt liked this post
  10. #506
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Republic of Arizonia
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    533

    Default

    Hopefully it will be name your price........................

  11. Likes otrlt liked this post
  12. #507
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,023
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    193
    Likes (Received)
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Motion,

    I can tell you this... I am basically exactly what you're looking for... although i don't have "10 years" (i have 8).
    I run FeatureCAM, can write my own posts... design in either solid works, inventor OR creo.
    I wouldn't take this job for any less than $35 an hour, and depending on where you are in washington that could go up (with COL).
    So you want $35 dollars. with your skills, most button pushers can't crack $20.

    Motion may be interested with you though, he's the guy that makes tooling for Boeing, but he has no toolmakers.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    So you want $35 dollars. with your skills, most button pushers can't crack $20.

    Motion may be interested with you though, he's the guy that makes tooling for Boeing, but he has no toolmakers.
    Your button pushers do their own CAM?

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8647
    Likes (Received)
    8633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Motion,

    I can tell you this... I am basically exactly what you're looking for... although i don't have "10 years" (i have 8).
    I run FeatureCAM, can write my own posts... design in either solid works, inventor OR creo.
    I wouldn't take this job for any less than $35 an hour, and depending on where you are in washington that could go up (with COL).
    I don't think you are quite "exactly" what Motion is looking for.
    Motion wants/needs a guy that can (read: wants to) take the reins, out on the floor, be it at a 60yr/old lathe, Bridgeport, VMC, CNC slant, whatever, and make shit happen.
    Not, a desk jockey. That doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Or walk around on chips tearing up his boot soles.
    If that was you? You would have mentioned that you are capable on the floor. You didn't. Everything you cited, happens at a desk. Therefore, we know where you want to be.

  15. Likes DrHook liked this post
  16. #510
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8647
    Likes (Received)
    8633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    So you want $35 dollars. with your skills, most button pushers can't crack $20.

    Motion may be interested with you though, he's the guy that makes tooling for Boeing, but he has no toolmakers.
    Sorry, you know jack shit about button pushers, if that is your response to that post.
    I never really noticed until late just how "off" your perspective is

  17. #511
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    5,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2213
    Likes (Received)
    2777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    I don't think you are quite "exactly" what Motion is looking for.
    Motion wants/needs a guy that can (read: wants to) take the reins, out on the floor, be it at a 60yr/old lathe, Bridgeport, VMC, CNC slant, whatever, and make shit happen.
    Not, a desk jockey. That doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Or walk around on chips tearing up his boot soles.
    If that was you? You would have mentioned that you are capable on the floor. You didn't. Everything you cited, happens at a desk. Therefore, we know where you want to be.
    That's what I thought. I have all those skills as well, but I DON"T want to be on the floor 8-10 hours a day, so I am not what he needs/wants. I'm sure I would be a valuable resource, but not the same as a guy that is * in the shit * on a daily basis.

  18. Likes wheelieking71, Jashley73 liked this post
  19. #512
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Walla Walla Wine and Wild Turkey
    Posts
    5,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    577

    Default

    I do manual machine work mostly hydraulics, heavy equipment, its oily, dirty, you get cut, burned, and it stinks, but there has always been work.
    Washington state is another problem in itself, for business.

  20. #513
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    10734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    I do manual machine work mostly hydraulics, heavy equipment, its oily, dirty, you get cut, burned, and it stinks, but there has always been work.
    Curious that you have bragged for ages about a "stable" of more than one 10EE. 20", 30" max 'tween centers.

    This fits "heavy equipment" and "mostly hydraulics" or motorcycle engine work? Just how?

    Or was there a Day Job punching someone else's clock?

    Hard to imagine YOU politely taking "Yes M'am,, three bags full" marching orders, day after day for long years without flying into a profanity and obscenity laced RAGE about other people's genitalia. what you would like to stuff up theirazz, reporting yer own Mum prematurely dead just for sympathy ain't it?



    Or is that what made you so mean - having to bite yer tongue to pay the bills?

    Or so full of grandious self-invented "no one here but drama-queen knows anything, does any work, EVER worked, knows how to repair scroll chucks, ever did work.." wotever... OBVIOUSLY mendacious bools**t LIES about total strangers and on subjects you have never been anywhere NEAR, and haven't the least KLEW about!

    Take yer pick? "Buy one, get one free" is it?

    A drama-queen with an ego inflated to the size of a dirigible.. and just as full of lighter than air gas invisible to the eye?

    Last edited by thermite; 10-20-2020 at 03:41 PM.

  21. #514
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Walla Walla Wine and Wild Turkey
    Posts
    5,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    577

    Default

    Got a pickle up your ass termite? Never had a metalworking job explains it.

  22. #515
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    10734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    Got a pickle up your ass termite? Never had a metalworking job explains it.
    THIS is core to your problem.

    You haven't a KLEW what others have done. Or not done.

    As Omniscient Lord and Master of the Known Universe, there's no NEED for YOU to be accurate or truthful, is there? If you decree a thing to be so, it becomes as you decree.

    Problem wit' dat'?

    There may be a Master of the Universe. Sure as Hell I am not (s)he!

    And YOU?

    About as UNLIKELY a stand-in as ever was! So you are BADLY wrong nearly ALWAYS.

    And too stupid-arrogant to even notice that it is a chronic pattern, in the record, and obvious to all. Including you being f**ked-up as well as wrong.

    You arriving at the stage of having less than zero credibility is the natural outcome.

    Might fix the madness, if only you would listen to yer therapist(s) and take the meds properly.

    Can't fix the stupid part.

    Regardless.

    Fool.

  23. #516
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Walla Walla Wine and Wild Turkey
    Posts
    5,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    577

    Default

    Thank you, of course I am right, you have never worked in metalworking, and it shows.
    So, you would not know the actual conditions working in Wa state.
    Lets move back to the general forum, where we can address your photo problem......

  24. #517
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3633
    Likes (Received)
    4247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    ...

    why do you bother engaging? Its clear thermite has nothing else to do and will go on endlessly, so unless you enjoy the bickering, why bother? With the endless quips, you know you become him, or least come across like him?

    Put him on ignore its a like a whole different site.

  25. Likes charlie gary liked this post
  26. #518
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    why do you bother engaging? Its clear thermite has nothing else to do and will go on endlessly, so unless you enjoy the bickering, why bother? With the endless quips, you know you become him, or least come across like him?

    Put him on ignore its a like a whole different site.
    When you put someone on ignore does it only eliminate their postings? Or, does it also eliminate quoted posts of theirs?

    I find that I quickly lose interest in threads Thermite participates in. The main reason is it's very hard to understand his postings. They're like he's telling an inside joke and you're the only one who doesn't get it. But, apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't get his postings.

  27. #519
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7625
    Likes (Received)
    2713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    When you put someone on ignore does it only eliminate their postings? Or, does it also eliminate quoted posts of theirs?

    I find that I quickly lose interest in threads Thermite participates in. The main reason is it's very hard to understand his postings. They're like he's telling an inside joke and you're the only one who doesn't get it. But, apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't get his postings.
    I've blocked all of (1) member here on PM. (Not thermite... yet...) Unless someone quote's their post, it's like that person doesn't exist from your perspective. Try it.

  28. #520
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3633
    Likes (Received)
    4247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    When you put someone on ignore does it only eliminate their postings? Or, does it also eliminate quoted posts of theirs?

    I find that I quickly lose interest in threads Thermite participates in. The main reason is it's very hard to understand his postings. They're like he's telling an inside joke and you're the only one who doesn't get it. But, apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't get his postings.
    its not getting them, not saying anything, not using English and having to comment 50x on absolutely everything. A verbose hot mess. Personal opinion of course, others (twisted masochists that they are) might like the endless blather.

    Anyway, it will not stop the quotes but it does make it much better. Some forum software doesn't even have placeholders for the posts, you don't even notice the poster unless they're quoted. Its like a walk in the woods and there's garbage strewn everywhere....and then there's not.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •