Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Slightly OT / israeli bank fined in the usa

thought this was interesting, not a lot of press i did see and none in New York with just me looking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...1fc_story.html

i suppose this thing has taken a while to get to this point so surely some would know about it no press over here in Aus on it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Street View Post
    thought this was interesting, not a lot of press i did see and none in New York with just me looking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...1fc_story.html

i suppose this thing has taken a while to get to this point so surely some would know about it no press over here in Aus on it.
    No mention HERE either. "I don't believe the Post" bumper stickers first appeared a long time ago, given mine was on a 1984 vehicle.

Not that one can read it anyway.

It's behind an advert wall!!!

THERE'S oblivious irrelevance for yah! Silenced by their own petard, as it were!

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of c**ts for-hire.

Any CREDIBLE source for that event?

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so you cannot see the Washington posts article then? i can use the link just fine- no firewall etc.

As its in a major paper one would think the article is genuine on the net for all to see...

try this link i can see it...USA justice department

Bank Hapoalim Agrees to Pay More Than $30 Million for Its Role in FIFA Money Laundering Conspiracy | OPA | Department of Justice

The figures on the wash post are different maybe there is another case / cases to this one i just found....there was mention of large scale tax evasion and its not in the particular justice link so could be on another page prior or in IRS website. It was a huge fine they mentioned ( wash post) a lot more than 30 million..

here it is just down a bit ..gov website should be credible.

Israel’s Largest Bank, Bank Hapoalim, Admits to Conspiring with U.S. Taxpayers to Hide Assets and Income in Offshore Accounts | OPA | Department of Justice

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not big enough to avoid consequences of its actions

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

start any non paying account will give you limited access

temporarily disable javascript

in firefox

open a new tab
    about:config
    [accept]
    type javascript
    doubleclicking on the line will toggle between enabled and disabled

leave the tab open some sites need javascript to function. This site needs it to log in and post

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Street View Post
    so you cannot see the Washington posts article then? i can use the link just fine- no firewall etc.
    Correct. They surmise an advert blocker is active when some tattle-tale token never arrives at a link embedded in their page. Then they darken the page and present a "..turn off your ad blocker" overlay.

I could analyze the page-code from an R&D browser and find which one - or several.
    But I don't waste the CPU cycles to RUN any ad-blockers - just a filtering proxy that keeps COLLECTING advert ID's to add to the blocklist that is doing the actual prevention.

60 thousand or so just have their addresses mapped to 127.0.0.1. That's functionally equivalant to /dev/null, a blackhole, "don't bother going off-box" so ZERO bandwidth is wasted even on a DNS lookup.

As its in a major paper one would think the article is genuine on the net for all to see...
    "Major paper" is an obsolete concept. Online and cable have displaced those. Even so, it hasn't been "major" for ages already.

Some political interest group or another took it over back about half a century ago. Few care which one. Too few read it these days.

try this link i can see it...USA justice department
    Got it. Saw that a while ago, elsewhere. Stale news in the general sense. Already knew the behaviour pattern of these particular arseholes off the back of what they have been chronically getting up to, elsewhere. Santiago, Chile, the first go on my watch.

Been a while. Allende had just gone down and fresh, raw, "locos" (Abalone) the size of your fist were still only four bucks, US at "Jacaranda" on Calle Huerfanos.
    Last edited by thermite; 05-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have not seen anything else...maybe not looking hard enough

$870 odd million fine for the second offence is large in my books....adding the two together is not far off a billion dollars in fines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not the first foreign bank fined in the U.S. and probably won't be the last.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Not the first foreign bank fined in the U.S. and probably won't be the last.
    "Foreign?" Tip of a rather egalitarian iceberg. And a large one.

This article is about 14 months stale, already:

Here’s the staggering amount banks have been fined since the financial crisis - MarketWatch