What's new
What's new

Sold the company

Toolroomguy

Cast Iron
I hope I can still post here because I no longer own the company.
I am now an employee of a Japanese conglomerate.
They are totally hands off ,as long as we meet the projections.
Cone-echee-wa

We began about a year ago.
We had to hire a new CEO, so the buyers could see who would run the show after my brother retired.
We also had to have a younger person coming up the ranks in QC,engineering, and the tool room. They know the gray hairs will be gone soon.
Next we had to clean up the asset sheet, after forty years in business we had a number of assets that were disposed of but still on the books.
An investment banker put together a”book” to show interested parties.
We had about ten buyers, some buy and loot private equity,and strategic buyers.
We were not interested in the private equity companies, but they are useful to bid up the purchase price.

Seen all those deals.....new owners are always either looters or hopelessly optimistic.......I know nothing about engineering ,but ,hey ,I have a degree in Business ,how hard can it be?.........Ive got an offer from the next door owner for mine ,hes already got a redevelopment of his land approved,but now realises twice the land ,same costs virtually ,is a much better deal.......Its gonna be a walk in walk out ,he wants the land soon as possible ,says I can stay at least two years it takes for planning ........but Im old ,better to just forget about everything ,and let him get in the scrappies ,or whatever he wants to do.

Back