What's new
What's new

Steelnow out of Houston

Has anyone used these folks “Steelnow”. Website while pricing metals seems kind of sketchy. But the prices were extremely good compared to most everywhere I normally frequent.
Says they’re in Houston.
Thanks for any insight.

You might check and see if they actually have a place in Houston. I was looking on web for the closest steel supplier to me a few months ago, the interweb said there was one in Elko, upon calling them I found they were in California and they would deliver, if I bought a semi load...

Interesting. Googled "Steelnow". Got a website with a seemingly bogus address in a strip mall. And a downtown high rise Dallas address. 2 year old Google reviews. Same Houston phone number at both locations.

Tread very carefully.

They are nothing but an extra link in the supply chain, taking a cut. I could not imagine them getting you a better price than you could get on your own.

Yes it definitely seems that way. Was looking for some 5” 4140 and there is a place on site you mentioned and it spits out a price immediately. Got further deeper like I was going to check out and they emailed me a quote that was significantly more than on first step in check out. but have not received info or been prompted to where/how to pay or anything. Very odd

Sorry to revive an old post, but I wanted to know if anyone ended up actually using SteelNow? They boast service in central Texas and are quick to reply. They told me I had an order ready for will-call at their closest location. When I asked for the address, they said I had to pay them and then they would send the address. I know every business has its own methods, but I am not going to be the first to pay for something I cannot confirm.

Sorry to revive an old post, but I wanted to know if anyone ended up actually using SteelNow? They boast service in central Texas and are quick to reply. They told me I had an order ready for will-call at their closest location. When I asked for the address, they said I had to pay them and then they would send the address. I know every business has its own methods, but I am not going to be the first to pay for something I cannot confirm.

--------------------

I am Ox and I approve this post!

After 26 years in business, I've never dealt with (or even heard of) SteelNow.

Doug
Thanks. I can't find any evidence of them outside of their website, either. I'll go with my gut and find somewhere else to source steel. Do you happen to have any recommendations for Austin?

Thanks. I can't find any evidence of them outside of their website, either. I'll go with my gut and find somewhere else to source steel. Do you happen to have any recommendations for Austin?
Westbrook Metals is who I used to use, the Austin location carries more aluminum/stainless, the San Antonio location has a better selection of steel. Its been 5 years, so things might be different today.

Not in Austin. I use North American Metals in Houston for most of my alloy steels. Action Stainless Dallas/Houston for stainless. Mims Steel in Dallas for mild and alloy tubing. Farmers Copper San Antonio branch for copper, brass, bronze and some aluminum. Sometimes have to go to Jorgensen 'cause nobody else has what I need that day.

I do 95% aluminum and get most of it from Trident (3 runs to Austin a week from Dallas). Just got a 2" stick of 303 from them and have bought a decent amount of 4140 round in the past too. Farmers Copper also carries a little steel but mostly nonferrous. During one of the oil booms I had good luck with EMJ out of Houston (old Energy Metals that got bought by Jorgenson) and they used to have an Austin truck run weekly but I have been trying to stay away from the boom and bust of the oil field for the last ten or so years whenever possible. If you need mild steel for buildings and projects DDM out of Bastrop is about the most reasonable that I have found but they only sell full stick and their main market is metal buildings.

I don't have anything specific for Austin. I typically use local (mom&pop) suppliers, Morris Metals, EMJ, Castle (Dallas), Houston Special Metals, AMI, and absolutely last...Trident Co....:crazy:

I don't have anything specific for Austin. I typically use local (mom&pop) suppliers, Morris Metals, EMJ, Castle (Dallas), Houston Special Metals, AMI, and absolutely last...Trident Co....:crazy:
Come on, Trident only screws up some of the orders, not all of them.

We've noticed some uncertainty regarding the authenticity of SteelNow. Given that our model differs from that of a traditional metal supplier, we are accustomed to these types of inquiries. We value this forum's platform to address misconceptions and clarify our unique business model.

At SteelNow, we offer buyers a metal-buying service designed to streamline the procurement process. We've cultivated relationships with nearly 60 metal suppliers across Texas, creating a comprehensive metal-buying network focused on delivering efficiency to you.

We've created a simple process to understand the challenges faced by metal buyers who may not have the time to search for the best price and lead time. First, contact SteelNow and let us know what type of metal you want. We’ll track down the product you need from one of our suppliers – at the best price and lead time for you.

Our agile approach means we don't require a physical warehouse. Instead, we leverage our vast local supplier network to arrange direct shipments, ensuring speed and efficiency. This is how we are able to keep prices low.

We invite you to reach out and try our services. Experience firsthand how SteelNow can make your metal sourcing as effortless as planning your next vacation. We look forward to the opportunity to assist with your metal procurement needs. Reach out if you would like to one of our sales representatives to visit your location!

We've noticed some uncertainty regarding the authenticity of SteelNow. Given that our model differs from that of a traditional metal supplier, we are accustomed to these types of inquiries. We value this forum's platform to address misconceptions and clarify our unique business model.

At SteelNow, we offer buyers a metal-buying service designed to streamline the procurement process. We've cultivated relationships with nearly 60 metal suppliers across Texas, creating a comprehensive metal-buying network focused on delivering efficiency to you.

We've created a simple process to understand the challenges faced by metal buyers who may not have the time to search for the best price and lead time. First, contact SteelNow and let us know what type of metal you want. We’ll track down the product you need from one of our suppliers – at the best price and lead time for you.

Our agile approach means we don't require a physical warehouse. Instead, we leverage our vast local supplier network to arrange direct shipments, ensuring speed and efficiency. This is how we are able to keep prices low.

We invite you to reach out and try our services. Experience firsthand how SteelNow can make your metal sourcing as effortless as planning your next vacation. We look forward to the opportunity to assist with your metal procurement needs. Reach out if you would like to one of our sales representatives to visit your location!
I’d gladly pay more to not use a thieving middleman

Back