Login to Your Account
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    So you think we might learn from Denmark?

At the time In April, 1940 when the Nazis rolled in to make Denmark a protectorate, Americans and their allies were facing a terrible war and the prospect of fighting and dying to liberate all of Europe. The Nazi takeover ultimately resulted in the death of some 3,000 Danes.

American has never been a protectorate of any other country. So exactly what is it that we can learn from Denmark?

Instead of being critical of America and being an ingrate, you should perhaps thank us. If you fail to study and understand history, you may have to repeat it.
    Why your obsession with Denmark? What has anything 70+ years ago to do with today? Are you (plural) better off today than 10 years ago or do you blame it all on Obama?

What anybody or any country did in 1940 was before I was born. If I'm going to be as stupid as you the USA didn't get into WW2 (started in September 1939) until you were attacked by Japan. Hell, I wasn't even a Danish citizen until the 1980ties.

Stop trolling. Look beyond your back yard and you might just learn something from other countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Deleted due to lack of further interest on my part.
    Last edited by Newman109; 07-14-2018 at 12:45 PM.

3. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Surprisingly, or maybe not, but the word "generally" in my sentence seems to get overlooked.

".…….. in any Nordic country but generally everything is both tidy and well kept".
    I did not miss the generally but disagree.
    My travels worldwide to shops show about even levels outside of the developing countries where hacks are the way of life due to shortages.
    China a bit back and in some places still would be an example of this.

We are now way outside of the original intent of this thread and perhaps should abandon this track.

I have had so many "stupid" comments from employees.
    Sometimes not so dumb if you do the digging to actually "get" their point of view.
    Why do they think this?
    For everything said or mentioned there is a real reason in that persons head.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I have had so many "stupid" comments from employees.
    Sometimes not so dumb if you do the digging to actually "get" their point of view.
    Why do they think this?
    For everything said or mentioned there is a real reason in that persons head.
    Bob
    Maybe with the one caveat of the "worker" who says something stupid while trying to cover for his own laziness. He doesn't really have a reason (other than being lazy or stupid) he's just trying to justify his actions or lack of with a ridiculous excuse.

JMHO

-Ron

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Deleted due to lack of further interest on my part.
    This is something you should watch but probably won't. I don't think Denmark is even mentioned

American? You Might Move To Canada After Watching This - YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This was a good thread, now it is going to shit from people who cannot focus on a topic or pause their anti-America dogma.

Oh wait - I suppose it is on topic, "Stupidest thing an employee ever said". My bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    This was a good thread, now it is going to shit from people who cannot focus on a topic or pause their anti-America dogma.

Oh wait - I suppose it is on topic, "Stupidest thing an employee ever said". My bad.
    As you say, this thread has been taken over by the America-Hater.

The video that he quoted is made by a group with which I am quite familiar. It is "The Young Turks". (TYT) IT was founded by a known anti-American, Ben Uygur and others to push the progressive viewpoint. The owners of the site are dedicated to change America.

It's not enough that he has basically quit talking about machining work on this machining site, but he has now begun to quote anti-American websites to further his leftist viewpoints.

Political links should not be permitted on this site.

9. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The video that he quoted is made by a group with which I am quite familiar. It is "The Young Turks". (TYT) IT was founded by a known anti-American, Ben Uygur and others to push the progressive viewpoint. The owners of the site are dedicated to change America.

It's not enough that he has basically quit talking about machining work on this machining site, but he has now begun to quote anti-American websites to further his leftist viewpoints.

You are going to annoy him you know. You won't like him when he gets angry. (There is no rule that says you have to wait)

11. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With your remarks such as "leftist" aren't you making it political?

Remember I didn't post my own view, just that of your fellow Americans. Who knows, maybe they're right (no pun intended) and you're wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why your obsession with Denmark? What has anything 70+ years ago to do with today? Are you (plural) better off today than 10 years ago or do you blame it all on Obama?

What anybody or any country did in 1940 was before I was born. If I'm going to be as stupid as you the USA didn't get into WW2 (started in September 1939) until you were attacked by Japan. Hell, I wasn't even a Danish citizen until the 1980ties.

Stop trolling. Look beyond your back yard and you might just learn something from other countries.
    Why your obsession with the US?

14. Likes Newman109, Dualkit, Oldwrench liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post

Gordon already received first prize on thread 314.

16. Likes Newman109, digger doug liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Find a single post by me that warrants the use of the word "hater". You can also choose between a country or person.

You've always had a tendency to read my posts as Satan reads the Bible.

Now if you were after Manny Goldstein with a remark like that then I could understand and he's an American.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCarnage View Post
    Maybe with the one caveat of the "worker" who says something stupid while trying to cover.....
    -Ron
    Absolutely you get really dumb remarks from people trying to cover their ass.
    Caught and with no time to think they default to a defense that makes no sense.
    I just sort of cock my head and "Really, you are going to go with that?". And then we talk....
    It's not hard to make them get lazy or just plain dumb move if you do not box them into a defensive corner.

But most of the stupid remarks or ideas come from a lack of knowing the job, process, or down stream flow.
    In which case the teacher, supervisor, leader, boss is maybe part of the stupid as we have made incorrect assumptions about the employee.

The knee jerk is I can't believe how brain dead this person is and we tell everyone who will listen about it.
    This makes us feel good and I like hearing such stories too.
    The in depth consideration is why I have not taught them better.

Relating such comments for a good laugh is one thing and for sure all good, using these to make yourself feel superior is another.
    Your employees, your team, or whatever are what you make them.
    That is the job you sign up for as leader, mentor, boss.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Find a single post by me that warrants the use of the word "hater". You can also choose between a country or person.

You've always had a tendency to read my posts as Satan reads the Bible.

Now if you were after Manny Goldstein with a remark like that then I could understand and he's an American.
    You easily stand out as the biggest hate the USA foreigner on this board, no one comes close. Strange that you deny it, as you bad mouth the USA any chance you get, going to the point of extremes. The fact you deny it shows you probably need to check into the nearest home for Alzheimer patients.

20. Likes Newman109, digger doug, converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    You easily stand out as the biggest hate the USA foreigner on this board, no one comes close. Strange that you deny it, as you bad mouth the USA any chance you get, going to the point of extremes. The fact you deny it shows you probably need to check into the nearest home for Alzheimer patients.
    Exactly. Look at the good side for Gordon, though. He's always going to meet new friends.

22. Likes digger doug, converterking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    You are going to annoy him you know. You won't like him when he gets angry. (There is no rule that says you have to wait)
    OMG. Don't !! He might put you on ignore!

24. Likes converterking, Newman109 liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Find a post by me that proves or validates your BS.

Not a partial quote taken out of context but a whole post. Bet you can't

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly. Look at the good side for Gordon, though. He's always going to meet new friends.
    Or make new enemy's.