What's new
What's new

Swiss Machining jobx

I could tell you where not to look and one of those would be Xometry, I haven't seen one Swiss job on my job board. I did get some Swiss jobs when I was doing DOD work, but the only real money per hour was in the short run jobs that would be on the machines 10 hours or less. The longer run stuff went for peanuts. I last did that work 8 years ago when I moved to an area where my satellite internet would not work with the security of the government sites due to latency.

Do you have the world's greatest memory or are you always "digging".?

Odd that in the jobs section the OP here, posted as to wanting to quote that job.

I can't see how a swiss can doo the pictured job from Sheetmetal....:nutter:

Odd that in the jobs section the OP here, posted as to wanting to quote that job.

I can't see how a swiss can doo the pictured job from Sheetmetal....:nutter:

I worked in 8 shops that had Swiss before becoming self employed. Two of them were pretty large OEMs. I have also been in many others while job hunting, I never saw one that had any sheet metal working equipment. I worked in a sheet metal shop in High School and been in a few of those also, none of those had any Swiss. Will be curious if the OP comes back and says he has a press brake and shear sitting next to a Citizen L16.

Please be a little more mature about this and get your facts right before starting a conversation like this. Full time job sheet metal supervisor/CAD Drafter looking for work for the company I work for, and part time job running my own swiss machine at home just looking for some more parts to run.

Thank you

Please be a little more mature about this and get your facts right before starting a conversation like this. Full time job sheet metal supervisor/CAD Drafter looking for work for the company I work for, and part time job running my own swiss machine at home just looking for some more parts to run.

Thank you

No need to get bent. Pretty sure someone doing sheet metal and Swiss work are very, very, rare, even if they are doing them in two different places.

Try medical and surgical.

I am pretty sure you won't be able to get any work along those lines without an ISO type quality management control system, that a home shop isn't going to be able to get. Anyone doing that type work these days without certifications probably has been grandfathered in.

Same as anything else, put your good shoes on and start knocking on doors. Be nice to the lady at the desk. Your job is to get passed her. You wont make it far unless you are overly nice.

Back