Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trademark - Who did you use?

For those of you that hired someone to trademark your company logo, do you mind sharing who you were happy with and about how much it cost?

I've come across a lot of mentions of it costing $500 or whatever, but the two attorneys I contacted quoted me more like $2500+. So I'm just looking for a cheaper source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I read it just use your trademark and it becomes your trademark as long as you stop newcomers from using it as well. I think you really have to be using it in advertising already to file any paperwork to protect it. Advertising may just be a sign on your building and letterhead or a sticker on delivered products.
    I do not understand how Apple can claim a rounded corner on a rectangle is a trademark wehn ancient Egypt used such a cartouche over 4000 years ago to denote royalty.
    Bill D

The Ancient Egyptian Cartouche

Overview of Trademark Law

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not that difficult to apply yourself.

The problem is you're likely to get rejected for not having met all the requirements. Kind of amazing how companies with lawyers get trademarks on some pretty ridiculous stuff, and businesses who've been using a unique name for years get rejected.

Anyhow, you might read the requirements. If you have a pretty clear case, do it yourself. If initially rejected, follow up with what's requested. You will have to show that it has been in commercial use - you can't file a trademark on something you hope to promote and protect.

Someone like the Nolo Press probably has a DIY book.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Pete. The issue I have is that I want to trademark our logo so we can get the full package of listing tools from Amazon for a product we just put on there, so of course time is an issue. But, even if I hired a lawyer to do this, they say it could take up to a year to accomplish. I'm afraid if I do it myself it will take much longer. Our government in action...