Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Ya but what about our "President" Justeen?

He's so gone this Fall!!!
    I've done some trackdays at Calabogie, the Canadians I've met there are really great people

2. Likes Terry Keeley, Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Ya but what about our "President" Justeen?
    Indeed, a source of embarrassment. Its led to the wide spread belief that, well, Canadians are just f**king stupid. Did we actually elect a drama teacher because of his curb appeal and name recognition? yes. Stupidity prevailed.

BUT.....

we've no exclusive on stupidity, and its probably distributed more or less evenly across the planet.....AND we have our own voter percentage excuse.....33% voted Liberal in the last federal election. (Liberal here is a political party, a kind of spineless tax and spend style, and it doesn't mean what Americans think its means, nor does it mean what liberal really means (freedom, personal liberty, who wouldn't want that?))

The turds latest move, giving $50,000,000 of OUR money to Mastercard. Yes! you're being taxed to give money to a foreign financial institution. On being called out on it, the turds response? "We're committed to helping the middleclass and those wanting to become middle class". WTF!!?? Me thinks that is moroneese for "I'm an idiot and this one one the lines they've programmed me with"

I just need to get rich and bug out and never think about this insanity again before I'm exposed to a lethal dose of it. I have to go make something now just to calm down

4. Likes Terry Keeley, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Indeed, a source of embarrassment. Its led to the wide spread belief that, well, Canadians are just f**king stupid. Did we actually elect a drama teacher because of his curb appeal and name recognition? yes. Stupidity prevailed.

BUT.....

we've no exclusive on stupidity, and its probably distributed more or less evenly across the planet.....AND we have our own voter percentage excuse.....33% voted Liberal in the last federal election. (Liberal here is a political party, a kind of spineless tax and spend style, and it doesn't mean what Americans think its means, nor does it mean what liberal really means (freedom, personal liberty, who wouldn't want that?))

The turds latest move, giving $50,000,000 of OUR money to Mastercard. Yes! you're being taxed to give money to a foreign financial institution. On being called out on it, the turds response? "We're committed to helping the middleclass and those wanting to become middle class". WTF!!?? Me thinks that is moroneese for "I'm an idiot and this one one the lines they've programmed me with"

I just need to get rich and bug out and never think about this insanity again before I'm exposed to a lethal dose of it. I have to go make something now just to calm down
    $50.000.000 is chump change if you compare it to what the USA gave big banks and Wall St. in the aftermath of the meltdown that they created. "Too big to fail" comes to mind.

6. Likes mountie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post

BUT.....

And if anybody is curious as to what the 50 million is for, here's a link. Not exactly just a gift. The money will comprise about 10% of the total cost of building a cybersecurity center and will be employing hundreds of people.

Liberals Defend $50M Investment In MasterCard’s Cybersecurity Centre | HuffPost Canada

Now cue the righties to tell us that you can't believe anything from Huff post.

PS. The USA GIVES Israel about that amount every 5 days all year long. I do understand that the Canadian economy is substantially smaller than the USA but still it's just a blip on the radar of Canada. Do you Canadians have the equivalent of rush limbaugh polluting your airwaves too?

8. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    $50.000.000 is chump change if you compare it to what the USA gave big banks and Wall St. in the aftermath of the meltdown that they created. "Too big to fail" comes to mind.
    Are you suggesting by the comparison just how incensed you guys should be about things (i agree).....or that the amount matters to whether its right or wrong (strongly disagree)?

strikes me that...

a) no one's in dire straights today, its not a bail out, with some imagined social peril avoided (its apples to oranges, but both are distasteful)
    b) as an ex corporate finance person, the bail out couldn't have been handled worse.....from a taxpayers perspective, your government bent you over.
    c) that this is smaller has no bearing on it being wrong. why would you even mention the bailout? this is not ok, neither was the bailout structure
    d) corporate welfare is wrong and it is political usually with all the dirt and scum that comes with that. That it is wrong is basic economics, you get it or you don't, i'm not taking the time to explain it.
    e) Based on high paying jobs created the last 5 years I should get a cheque for $3,000,000. yeah likes that going to happen. Too small for a headline and not able to back door the crooks anything

PS. The USA GIVES Israel about that amount every 5 days all year long.
    How's that worked out for you?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IWUP View Post
    I've done some trackdays at Calabogie, the Canadians I've met there are really great people

You'd be "up the (Ottawa) valley" a bit there b'y. I grew up in Ottawa and worked out of Pembrook a few years. Good folks.

Do you Canadians have the equivalent of rush limbaugh polluting your airwaves too?
    We got a few "hard right" up here too but nothing quite like Rush I don't think. I listen to him on 930am outta Buffalo and although I generally agree with him sometimes he's really just a bit too heavy.

I'd say in general we're more left of center as a nation than ya'll but that's partly because we got 10% of your population spread in a narrow band from coast to coast. A stronger Federal system works better in this.

Here's a cool vid I show my US buddies that know little about Canada, Tom Brokaw explains us well: YouTube

11. Likes Laurentian, Steven-Canada liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rude people? Yeah, I've run into a few. One that I clearly recall wasn't a customer, but rather a worker in a warehouse. My late brother and I once owned a guitar shop in L.A. This was long before the Internet. We would mail order some of our needed supplies but there were some suppliers in L.A. and we would simply drive over and pick up the items.

One place in particular was owned by a man from what was then called Czechoslovakia. It was a family concern and the owner had his cousin running the warehouse back behind the office. We always got ready for a ration of crap when we went there.

You were supposed to go in the back and talk to the cousin, a brusque, unsmiling man name Yuri. Apparently Yuri had had a bad childhood somewhere over in Europe because he seemingly hated people and customers in particular.

He had a terrible accent and barely spoke English so we were forced to write down the items that we needed. We would hand him the list and then attempt to further explain what we wanted.

He would then look at us and say "Chut up! Is no important you! Nonetheless, he usually got the order right. When he came back with the stuff and we would attempt to make small talk and even thank him, he would repeat: "Chut up! Is no important you!

Once we complained to the owner and he nodded and said, "Yeah, I know, but that's just Yuri. That's why we keep him in the warehouse!." LOL.

13. Likes MichaelP, digger doug, Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One time a lady friend and I took a load of logs to a sawmill. The fellow unloading them was dressed in classic chopper rider, long hair, Harley buckle, chain drive wallet, the the whole mishpucka. We were clearly much too pretty for him to associate with. We had loaded the logs expecting them to be lifted off from the side but he dragged them off the back. When we brought the next load we attached the tailgate and I brought my loggers canthook. I laid the chain on the deck with some length crosswise, rolled a log on it with the canthook, hooked the chain around it and waved to him to back the forklift. It made an almost instant transformation. You could see him thinking "This dude knows how to chain logs!" He loosened up and was pleasant from then on.

Bill

16. Likes Laurentian, Ox liked this post
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    One time a lady friend and I took a load of logs to a sawmill.
    At first glance, I thought you meant you got lucky on the first date.

18. Likes MichaelP, Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Uhm… I've been in a few one man shops where the owner openly carries.

And I don't get nervous at all.

Many of us Law Abiding Citizens "Concealed Carry" with a permit.

You would call 911 maybe ?
    I would neither. But I don't live in the wild west either haha

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

20. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    You know, even if you count New Zealand as 2 countries, your top 10 would still only have 9...
    It wasn't "my" top 10. You have to open the link to get the others Find one you prefer and I'll look.

Based on your logic the USA could be 4 countries

The bit between Mexico and Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and Porto Rico.

22. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz View Post
    I would neither. But I don't live in the wild west either haha

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk
    I never envisioned such an asshole. But now that my eyes have been opened I would be packing and tell him to hit the road or hit the floor, his choice. You can't humor these nut cases and expect any less than acceleration of the situation. You want to be the one says "well, it happened like this". BUT you let them take you down town and demand a lawyer. Not just any but the lawyer the cops use. Then you give him a statement to submit. Keep your mouth shut other than "I want a lawyer". A couple of days in jail is a small investment compared to saying "he had it coming", I made the world a better place" , or He asked for it" or similar incriminating statements that may show premeditation or malice. In addition you never shoot to wound. this shows intent to maim or cripple. If you have time to worry about that then you life is NOT in danger. In most rational states you are ONLY allowed to use deadly force if in fear of your life. If you have time to wound instead of kill then you are NOT IN FEAR OF YOUR LIFE which is the only justification for deadly force by a civilian. This is tough advice but but is the difference between walking and years in prison.

24. Likes digger doug, LockNut liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    One time a lady friend and I took a load of logs to a sawmill. The fellow unloading them was dressed in classic chopper rider, long hair, Harley buckle, chain drive wallet, the the whole mishpucka. We were clearly much too pretty for him to associate with. We had loaded the logs expecting them to be lifted off from the side but he dragged them off the back. When we brought the next load we attached the tailgate and I brought my loggers canthook. I laid the chain on the deck with some length crosswise, rolled a log on it with the canthook, hooked the chain around it and waved to him to back the forklift. It made an almost instant transformation. You could see him thinking "This dude knows how to chain logs!" He loosened up and was pleasant from then on.

Bill
    I took several loads in my Izusu NPr with a 12' stake bed, to a big sawmill operation (unlike our local Amish 3 sided buildings, this operation took every
    type/size/species)

They put me in line with all the "big trucks" and as I only had a dump bed, simply plopped them down on the concrete pad. I didn't have the crane on the truck like everyone else.

The scaler gave me a some good pointers, how to cut differently to maximize my money.

The girls in the sawmill office said my truck was "cute".....