What's new
What's new

UPS Rant!!!

SeymourDumore

Diamond
I F@cking HATE UPS!!!

How do you tell these F2cking MORONS to have your package left at your door!!!
Why do I have to schedule a delivery time, or go after my F2cking package EVERY TIME!!!

Why is it that ALL other freight forwarders - big or small - allow a waiver to be signed so a package is left at the door step!
Why is it that only these IDIOTS at UPS are so f@cking thickheaded!!!

Rant - off!

Ohh, that's all you got? It gets worse, much worse. (your timing for this thread is impeccable)
I have one dumb ass, that will not stop turning around in my damn yard! 35ft from 2,200sq/ft of wide open concrete! (on my side)
Even bigger wide open pad on the neighbors side. But, nooooo! He backs up in to my side yard every fucking time.
When I confronted him, he was a complete ass-hole and said: "that is where I have been turning around for 10 years".
Ohh, I see. I put a big pile of dirt there. This fuck-head backed over it! Twice now!
As of just yesterday, I re-worked said dirt pile. And, it now has a nice surprise waiting inside :D

I F@cking HATE UPS!!!

How do you tell these F2cking MORONS to have your package left at your door!!!
Why do I have to schedule a delivery time, or go after my F2cking package EVERY TIME!!!

Why is it that ALL other freight forwarders - big or small - allow a waiver to be signed so a package is left at the door step!
Why is it that only these IDIOTS at UPS are so f@cking thickheaded!!!

Rant - off!

I have the exact opposite problem. Because of so many fuckups, I worked for almost a year to get my location designated as signature required for EVERY package. Sub drivers were tossing them anywhere along the route, our forcing them to get a signature was the only way to stop that. They put up a LOT of resistance but it worked. Now because of COVID they no longer honor signature requirements for anything. See if you have a sales rep, that's the only way we can get anything addressed.

A lot probably depends upon the driver. A few, despite the pressure to speed through everything, are decent - including our UPS gal.

Fed Ex Ground is the worst for us. I've seen one show up in their own car, then throw a package marked "Fragile" far as they could toward the front door. Made it to the first step. Then try to get them to honor insurance.

Postal Service (when our regular guy is on the route) has been the best. When he's not, the subs will just make up stuff up how they couldn't get access for delivery.

Add on the fact that every box that comes in or arrives to my customers look like they dropped it off the back of a truck, doing 120mph down the highway. Coincidentally they keep calling and trying to sell me additional insurance on top of the regular insurance that they charge for as their solution to the problem.

It absolutely IS my regular driver!

This F@cking moron will absolutely refuse to leave the package!
I was lucky enough that he broke his ankle earlier this year and was out on leave for 5 months or so.
His replacements - and I mean ALL of them - were kind enough to actually read the sign on my front door:
UPS, Fed-ex or All other deliveries, please call ###-###-###
OR
Leave package at door!
Thank You!

They always called and said package is left at door, Have a nice day!

This jacka$$ will not call for anything!

( Seymour is seriously considering kneecapping this guy for good :scratchchin: )

Think thats bad.....Im listed by the PO for a "savage dog in yard",when I havent had a dog for 30 years......Ive fronted the Post Master about this several times ,he says it takes time for the system to work....30 years?....In the meantime,I have to pay for a parcel delivery box,and pick up at the depot...fortunately reasonably close.

Nobody can beat UPS here. During inclement weather they will leave packages at any local USPS to complete delivery, which sometimes can add a week. The standard for inclement weather is a joke, 1-2" of snow or a couple inches of water flowing across the road from a flooded creek. That is usually the same standard for closing schools and government offices here, nothing but wimps.

Coincidentally they keep calling and trying to sell me additional insurance on top of the regular insurance that they charge for as their solution to the problem.

You don't need to pay UPS retail insurance rates, or deal with their claim department bureaucracy over claims. There are lots of 3rd party insurance companies offering coverage for less. I looked into it, got a rate of about $.45 per $100 then UPS offered me a deal at $.60 per $100 so I stayed with UPS. I just had my first loss in about 2 years and it's being handled extremely poorly at UPS so I'm again reconsidering going outside for coverage. I get a discount shipping rate also, you don't have to be big to get one.

All UPS Drivers that I'm accustomed too are top notch. They always have a spring in their step, that's why they are the highest paid.

My main customer insist that UPS (BROWN) must make all deliveries. I also, only ship BROWN...

You don't need to pay UPS retail insurance rates, or deal with their claim department bureaucracy over claims. There are lots of 3rd party insurance companies offering coverage for less. I looked into it, got a rate of about $.45 per $100 then UPS offered me a deal at $.60 per $100 so I stayed with UPS. I just had my first loss in about 2 years and it's being handled extremely poorly at UPS so I'm again reconsidering going outside for coverage. I get a discount shipping rate also, you don't have to be big to get one.

Interesting, I was unaware 3rd parties would insure packages. Let me guess, UPS is claiming your loss was due to improper packaging. I was 0-2 getting claims from them, they would only pay $100 each on a $400 and $500 item. One damaged shipment had tire marks on the box and the other a puncture mark that matched the dimensions of a fork on a fork lift. I wouldn't be shocked if they denied the insurance claims for packages on Flight 1354. Another thing is their outsourced customer service is piss poor. I only use them if required by a customer as I hate them. I called asking the nearest UPS store and the clown on the other end kept insisting a UPS store that was shuttered a few weeks back was still open.

I forget the name of the company I got a quote from, they were referred to by by a customer who is very happy with them. Their procedure is the first $100 is covered by UPS with their automatic $100 coverage, than once youo get that they automatically pay the rest of the declared value without any proof of contents value etc. UPS pays that first $100 easily, so this should work OK. UPS views their insurance as a profit canter, I think they make more from that than they do delivering the packages, so thay are very motivated to stonewall you and refuse to pay you. I'm told the insurance is handled by a different corporation completely, not managed my UPS, I can't verify that.
My claims for the last 10 years have all been lost packages. UPS's tactics are just to make the procedure to file a claim so difficult that it's just about impossible to get paid even though the loss is clear - the package didn't get scanned and didn't get delivered.

I have never had a lost package, 2 damaged ones from UPS, which they only paid $100. I have also had a few inbound packages damaged by UPS. 2 damaged ones from USPS where full value was paid without a hassle. Fedex has never damaged or lost anything whether inbound or outbound.

I ordered a small Lincoln MiG from a company in Indiana about ten years ago. It came to California by UPS and the driver left it in front of my house and left before I could get out to talk to him and examine the package.

When I unboxed the machine, I saw that it had been dropped on the nose and was about 3" shorter than it should have been. It was totally destroyed.

I called the seller in Indiana and they helped me to get another new machine from Lincoln in California. It was shipped by private carrier and it came only two days later, undamaged.

I've had other instances of metal sections disappearing from holes in the packages when shipped by UPS.

To be fair, I've received lots of other packages shipped by UPS that were OK and undamaged, but with UPS, you can never be sure.

Nonetheless, I always try for USPS or Fed Ex, if I have a choice.

We have it the other way around. UPS is great, it's the same couple of drivers all the time and they are super easy to work with and go out of their way to help us out.

Fedex on the other hand is a disaster. The local contractor was a mess and eventually abandoned the route, so Fedex proper took over. It`s constantly a different driver, and they are very unreliable. I hate to see things thst I need in a hurry with Fedex tracking numbers, and avoid shipping with them as much as possible.

The one maybe positive thing I have to say about Fedup is that we've had the same account manager for a while. And she'll call every couple months to see how we're doing, at which time I gripe about the last screwup. And each time expect to never hear from her again, but she keeps calling back....

We have it the other way around. UPS is great, it's the same couple of drivers all the time and they are super easy to work with and go out of their way to help us out.
Fedex on the other hand is a disaster.

Yupp, completely the other way 'round!

The UPS guy I have at the shop is an absolute fucking moron and he is a Brown Lifer.
Unfortunately, that is exactly why he is a fucking Brown Lifer!
UPS has no other policy for commercial accounts but to leave no package, EVER! Hence: He ain't leaving packages here 'cos he is a Brown Lifer!
Going on the tracking site at UPS gives you the option to leave delivery instructions.
Except! It does not apply to commercial addresses!
If your address is a business address, then there are no options for instructions. Period. The End!
Calling the number on your ticket (left here by the Moron) and explain to the Robot Personality that you don't care about the risk, just leave the f@cking thing here.
He/she tells you that UPS cares about your package and as a result they cannot leave a package at a commercial address.
I tell him/her that I release them from any responsibility of a lost or stolen package.
He/she tells you that UPS cares about your package and as a result they cannot leave a package at a commercial address.
I ask him/here if there is anything I can do or sign to permanently release them from any responsibility.
I ask WTF?

Fedex OTOH has never given me any grief or lost package or damaged package.
They have multiple drivers in my 'hood, and pretty much all have a brain, indicated by the fact that after a couple of deliveries to both, my home or the shop, they realize
that I am one and the same and even ask if they can leave the package at either place.

The other carriers ( Yellow, RBF, Pyle or all other LTL shippers, including my material suppliers ) have the policy that allows me ( the customer ) to relieve them from any responsibility.
Some have a form that I've signed, others just make sure they call and get a verbal OK from me, ( hence the sign on the door )

But not The Brown!
I HATE the Brown!

Ohh, that's all you got? It gets worse, much worse. (your timing for this thread is impeccable)
I have one dumb ass, that will not stop turning around in my damn yard! 35ft from 2,200sq/ft of wide open concrete! (on my side)
Even bigger wide open pad on the neighbors side. But, nooooo! He backs up in to my side yard every fucking time.
When I confronted him, he was a complete ass-hole and said: "that is where I have been turning around for 10 years".
Ohh, I see. I put a big pile of dirt there. This fuck-head backed over it! Twice now!
As of just yesterday, I re-worked said dirt pile. And, it now has a nice surprise waiting inside :D

hehehehe! :sulk:

hehehehe! :sulk:

Your emoji is backwards! I intend to walk outside with a beer in my hand. Lean on the tree.
And, when he gets out of the truck to see what the hell just happened, say:
"well, isn't that a motherfucker?! Two flat tires! I'll be damned! I guess those things weren't meant to go off road?"

Fedex on the other hand is a disaster. The local contractor was a mess and eventually abandoned the route, so Fedex proper took over. It`s constantly a different driver, and they are very unreliable. I hate to see things thst I need in a hurry with Fedex tracking numbers, and avoid shipping with them as much as possible.

The one maybe positive thing I have to say about Fedup is that we've had the same account manager for a while. And she'll call every couple months to see how we're doing, at which time I gripe about the last screwup. And each time expect to never hear from her again, but she keeps calling back....

I really think it has to do with the management staff at the local distribution hub. An ex-employee of mine had a cousin who worked at a Cali UPS hub as a temp. He said they were trained to kick and throw packages off the trucks when unloading to speed things along.

Back