What's new
What's new

Used Live Milling Tools for Lathes--Are There Any?

munruh

Hot Rolled
Does anyone know of a source besides Ebay for used live milling tools? I would think there is someone that rebuilds old ones and sells them.

There is many Citizen optional attachments for sale used on Machine Tools Dot Com.
Mostly all from Automatics and Machinery, but ...
That is about all I can think of beyond Ebay.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

From what I can tell, for the most part any Swiss machines and tooling that are usable are getting used. People tend to only ditch it when it isn't usable any more.

To prevent me going bankrupt I had to buy seized ones on eBay and rebuild them with new bearings and seals. But mine are an oddball size - VDI40 Beaver ones with a drive end that is the REVERSE of a Baruffaldi one and slightly shorter.

I ended up 3D printing a new drive dog for the lathe to take standard Baruffaldi ones and had it lost wax cast in bronze, then rebuilt the three seized ones :)

As an aside, an ABS printed drive dog worked fine for lightish milling in the lathe before the bronze one arrived !

Attachments

• Bronze-Drive-Dogs-As-Cast.jpg
    Bronze-Drive-Dogs-As-Cast.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Done-And-Yet-To-Do-#2.jpg
    Done-And-Yet-To-Do-#2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 111
To prevent me going bankrupt I had to buy seized ones on eBay and rebuild them with new bearings and seals. But mine are an oddball size - VDI40 Beaver ones with a drive end that is the REVERSE of a Baruffaldi one and slightly shorter.

I ended up 3D printing a new drive dog for the lathe to take standard Baruffaldi ones and had it lost wax cast in bronze, then rebuilt the three seized ones :)

As an aside, an ABS printed drive dog worked fine for lightish milling in the lathe before the bronze one arrived !

Well. Shit. If you can still do stuff like THAT, why TF is Blighty so worried about Brexit?

British Engineering and craft have kicked Berlin's collective arse up between their shoulder blades more than twice arredy, why stop NOW?

:)

Back