What's new
What's new

Using an Ipad For Setup Sheets--Templates?

munruh

Hot Rolled
I'm getting weary with our setup sheet system. It's difficult to file neatly and keep it all straight. I'm thinking of going to Ipads. I can see it really working well for taking photos of setups and attaching them to the setup sheet.

I would need a good template made up. Perhaps Evernote or Microsoft OneNote would work for this? Anyone here using Ipads for setup sheets?

I'm getting weary with our setup sheet system. It's difficult to file neatly and keep it all straight. I'm thinking of going to Ipads. I can see it really working well for taking photos of setups and attaching them to the setup sheet.

I would need a good template made up. Perhaps Evernote or Microsoft OneNote would work for this? Anyone here using Ipads for setup sheets?
i use Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint which hopefully file format will be around 10 or 20 years from now. both when rare times computer not working i just print it out. i only thrown paper away cause ISO guy dont like procedures printed out left around. suppose to always look for latest procedures.
boss compared cost of printing versus laptop or tablet that might get dropped. so far printing is cheaper

I bet the normal ipad notes would work very well. You can title them. Easily put photos in line. I use this and it's awesome Logitech Slim Folio iPad Keyboard Case

Or you could use the Google sheets and have a company email / Google account where you can edit info from your office computer and your operator will get the change immediately

I think this is a good idea, but proper implementation is key

pictures, for instance can be super instructive or useless

I would probably keep hard files in case of a improper keystroke, or changing situations means one wants to back rev, and the old versions have disappeared.

BTW with a little HTML knowledge creating web pages is easy. They don't have to be on the web, you just read them with a browser
It also makes version control pretty easy. A 'website' is just a file folder with subfolders, the current revision being always in the same top folder.

I would think the average computer literate person could learn enough HTML to make nice looking setup sheets in an hour

i have worked where setup sheet is done with pencil and paper normally in 1 or 2 minutes and scanner is kept on bench and paper fed into scanner and saved as a pdf or adobe acrobat reader files literally in less than 10 seconds its on computer screen kept at bench by cnc
and white out and or eraser is used to edit and it scanned in again to save. as crude as it sounds i have seen it work quite well literally by the 1000's of setups done that way

I think a template in Evernote will work but I need to check. That would give you lots of options for filing and tagging

Back